WichitaStateFan
    WichitaStateFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What everyone wants to know: Is Iowa State -1.5 a trap?

Line goes from -4 to -1.5 when I feel like it should be going the other direction?

Anyone have any information?

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I'm on Iowa -4 god damn

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I still don't see how Iowa State doesn't win this game by double digits.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

drake double revenge

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I have Iowa state -3.5

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I've watched both teams play, and while Rayvonte Rice of Drake will arguably be the best player on the court tonight, it's going to take some heavy-duty rigging for Drake to win this game. The Bulldogs simply do not match up with ISU's athleticism. Royce White should have a field day for the Clones.

I don't understand this line movement at all, but I'm ignoring it.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

My only thought is that Rayvonte Rice is back tonight, which should spark Drake offensively. However, offense isn't really Drake's problem. It's having soft big men that have had trouble establishing their presence in the interior... I feel like no one on Drake is going to stop Royce White when he decides to drive to the rim, and Iowa State will push tempo and take advantage of their advantage in athleticism. I can understand action on Drake if you see question marks in ISU's transfers, but I'm a believer rather than a doubter.

It's really hard not to like the Cyclones here.

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Maybe people are betting Drake bc Iowa State has some new players? The Cyclones already had Scott Christopherson, who is one of the best shooters in the country. You would have to think that this year's Iowa State team is more talented than the one that took the floor a year ago. They got former Michigan State Spartan Chris Allen, former Penn State Nittany Lion Chris Babb and former Minnesota Golden Gopher Royce White. Iowa State beat Drake by 20 in 2009 and by 48 last year.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    My only thought is that Rayvonte Rice is back tonight, which should spark Drake offensively. However, offense isn't really Drake's problem. It's having soft big men that have had trouble establishing their presence in the interior... I feel like no one on Drake is going to stop Royce White when he decides to drive to the rim, and Iowa State will push tempo and take advantage of their advantage in athleticism. I can understand action on Drake if you see question marks in ISU's transfers, but I'm a believer rather than a doubter.

It's really hard not to like the Cyclones here.
    There's a reason ISU absolutely buried this team last year.

Drake will have to shoot some absurd % from deep to win this game. I like Rice a lot, but he can't do it by himself. The Simons kid is a decent player and a few of their newcomers are OK, but like you said, White should go nuts in the paint.

ISU has a lot of new faces, and their lack of a true PG does concern me, but do you think guys like Allen and Babb, who have played in Big Ten venues like the Kohl Center and Mackey Arena, will be intimidated by the Knapp Center? No chance.

I hit ISU up big when they were a short fave at Drake a few years ago, and I'm doing the same tonight. I have over 20 units tied up in this game, and I'm not flinching. It's my biggest play in any sport ever.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by saints1856 View Post
    Maybe people are betting Drake bc Iowa State has some new players? The Cyclones already had Scott Christopherson, who is one of the best shooters in the country. You would have to think that this year's Iowa State team is more talented than the one that took the floor a year ago. They got former Michigan State Spartan Chris Allen, former Penn State Nittany Lion Chris Babb and former Minnesota Golden Gopher Royce White. Iowa State beat Drake by 20 in 2009 and by 48 last year.
    Christopherson's playing the point by default. I guess people are banking on them struggling on the road because of that. I guess.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Drake will have to shoot some absurd % from deep to win this game. I like Rice a lot, but he can't do it by himself. The Simons kid is a decent player and a few of their newcomers are OK, but like you said, White should go nuts in the paint.

ISU has a lot of new faces, and their lack of a true PG does concern me, but do you think guys like Allen and Babb, who have played in Big Ten venues like the Kohl Center and Mackey Arena, will be intimidated by the Knapp Center? No chance.

I hit ISU up big when they were a short fave at Drake a few years ago, and I'm doing the same tonight. I have over 20 units tied up in this game, and I'm not flinching. It's my biggest play in any sport ever.
    This is really encouraging me to go a lot bigger on this game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    This is really encouraging me to go a lot bigger on this game.
    I suppose anything can happen, but I'm very confident in this play and know both teams pretty well. If it loses, it loses, but I feel like it's the right side and nothing will waver me (aside from last-minute player injury news).

WichitaStateFan
    WichitaStateFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just jumped in pretty large on this. (10 units)

There is a big difference between Big 10 talent and MVC talent and I'm counting on it.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

go iowa st....

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

it doesnt scare you at all how well the MVC is doing at the start of the year? i havent touched this game at all but leaning ISU...still though that line movement is sketchy

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Adding more to iowa! Lets go!!!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

nice write-up and good info gl with your large wager sir

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    Adding more to iowa! Lets go!!!
    i already have iowa at a decent bet @ -3.5 and added some more @-4. goodluck to us!

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Good luck to us bro!!!!

After Baylor was a PUSH!!! I'm so pissed should have cashed it... better bring a smile on my face Iowa!!!
    I added some more on the -1.5 Line and I also have some on the 1st half !!! LETS GO IOWA!

cyclonebell
    cyclonebell's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are making me cringe! Please don't say "go Iowa", that makes it sound like you are cheering for those hawkeye cocksuckers on the other side of the state! Will be hitting up Hilton Coliseum South (AKA The Knapp Center) in a few hours. Ticket sales still at 80% Iowa State 20% Drake at their home stadium as we speak. Royce White is going to eat people. Bank on it, go clones!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sportman1313

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

now down to 1 pretty soon a pk gl

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

is there a place where we see the total bets made like in the NFL ? some site? interest me just wondering ...

suicidekings
    Update your status

is there a place where we see the total bets made like in the NFL ? some site? interest me just wondering ...
    look up two minute warning or pregame. Both have them.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Iowa St is getting over 75% of the public plays according to SI.

Also shows steam movement on Drake.

I'm not trying to deter anyone to go a different way, just information since I have it available

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonebell View Post
    You guys are making me cringe! Please don't say "go Iowa", that makes it sound like you are cheering for those hawkeye cocksuckers on the other side of the state! Will be hitting up Hilton Coliseum South (AKA The Knapp Center) in a few hours. Ticket sales still at 80% Iowa State 20% Drake at their home stadium as we speak. Royce White is going to eat people. Bank on it, go clones!

Indeed, people need to specify this, as both Drake and ISU are in Iowa.

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Iowa!

Imfamus
    Imfamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Is Iowa St at -1/2 a good play? That's what 5dimes has em at right now

nbr1chinchilla
    nbr1chinchilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

If it's a trap I'm goin for the bait. I hope all cyclone backers are right

testertips

damn just dropped some more on iowa st -1.. good fucken luck to us !!

testertips

shit bros... this is my biggest play all summer. iowa st by 5 in OT! haha

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

It's at a pick now...wtf is going on?

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah this line movement is curious, was going to take it @ -4, now its settled to -1 @ BetOnline.com. All Iowa has to do is have a turnover-low game and they should win this going away with their speed. I'm going to also go big on this line. Just like Kent State earlier (who won SU +345ML) lines haven't exactly been sharp across the board - as expected with the start of CBB.

BOL guys.

testertips

wtf..

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Biggest here for the last few days too! hopefully all SBR CASHES!

clevelandpride
    clevelandpride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

play on duke.

12 Last