pdprodigy
    pdprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

LA Lakers at Denver Nuggets

I'm going to buck some trends here tonight as the Lakers come into Denver to battle the Nuggets, cannot help but wonder what that locker room is like these days. What's curious to me is that Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, who resides in Columbia, Mo is one guy who cannot stand drama, any shape or form. I cannot help but believe this Carmelo Anthony soap opera is starting to get on his nerves. Despite the fact that the Lakers are a lousy 9-19 against the number the last 38 games when they've taken to the floor either +3 to -3 I'm backing them tonight. They have also gone down the last four trips into Denver so I suspect many will be hammering away with the Nuggets tonight. Well the stubborn fact is they have struggled in the post the last four times there and Andrew Bynum just happened to be out of the lineup in three of those contests. Byum is a difference maker guys and will be a factor tonight down in the paint. Key thing to look for here early on will be whether the Lakers are knocking down their shots, pretty fundamental I know but for whatever reason the Lakers have experienced trouble shooting the ball in Denver. I'm not going to snow you guys, this is no triple star release but I feel the Lakers are due to get one in the Pepsi Center and should be in no mood to screw around after dropping the tough one last time out in Dallas.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I dont get it. Do you know how long the Melo drama has been going on? If yes then why is this the game you wonder how the locker room is effected? Were the circumstances any different a week ago when the Nuggs hosted the Heat? Or a few days ago when they beat the Thunder? I thnk there were clear signs of what the locker room is like when the Nuggs got smashed by the Kings on TNT coming off a loss to the Clips.

Stan Kroenke could not give less of a shit about this team ATM and his son is as responsible for the Melodrama as anyone involved. I dont know where he resides though I do know that the Nets have announced they are officially out of the running and the big trade is dead. So really the Melodrama is currently at its most "melo" (yes pun) in months. If anything you'd think the locker room atmosphere has improved in recent days not gotten worse. Not that it could possibly get any worse given whats been going on since the start of...the summer i guess.
    Points Awarded:

pdprodigy gave demens 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

squid44
    squid44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

I like the bynum point. I think the lakers push hard tonight against a team with drama struggles as you said. Great write up, im on this with you. have them at -1 BOL

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

It really comes down to JR Smith. He was a big difference maker in the last Lakers/Thuggs.

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Fire up lakers

adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

I agree w pdprodigy. The fact that the Melo drama hasn't effected the team negatively in wins and losses yet doesn't mean that it won't soon. Its like a completely different mindset. Its not healthy for the team, and its only a matter of time before they start losing. Maybe it won't be tonight but it will be soon. Its wearing on them, trust me; it has to be.
    Points Awarded:

pdprodigy gave adamo1018 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

The Lakers are a real team thats worried about making plays and doing things to improve as a team and Denver is worried about shit that is so far beneath that. You see what I mean about a totally different mindset?

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

It all depends on Lakers D. Can stick to their defensive assignments? Or are they going to play half-ass D like they have for the past 5 games?

richyrich8478
    richyrich8478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Like the lakers here. Kobe will have a great night and so will their bench

pdprodigy
    pdprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Exactly adamo!

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

lakers are a trap