KingDF
    KingDF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

$50 Under Dog Challenge and A New Parlay Experiment

Here are my picks for the day:

TCU +12 - I know this isn't the college forum, but I just feel like TCU is gonna win this one. I've been betting them for the last few weeks and they lose a lot, but cover the spread.

Wizards +13 - Bad things happen in the NBA when the favorite has 10 or more points to cover. Couple that with the fact that the Wizards usually play a pretty decent 1H, I think they are going to cover and maybe even upset the Clippers.

Bobcats +2 - I wanted to bet the ML on the Bobcats last night, but got into an argument with the wife and missed it. They won the game and I missed out on the cash. I have a feeling they are going to win this one as well.

Bobcats Under 204.5 - I just don't see this game getting up that high, but this is one that might go either way. I'm riding with the under on this one.

When it comes to parlay tickets, most people say you should never bet them. On the other hand, those same people will also tell you to make only a few bets. My line of thinking is that if you think you've made good bets, why not parlay them? I know upsets happen, but here are my parlays.

1. TCU + Wizards
    2. TCU + Bobcats
    3. TCU + Bobcats Under
    4. Wizards + Bobcats
    5. Wizards + Bobcats Under
    6. Bobcats + Bobcats Under

Because this is an EXPERIMENT, I only put $5 on each parlay. It cost me $30 total. In order to turn a profit I need to win 2 out of 6 of the cards, which means 3 out of 4 of my picks need to win. I think this might be a profitable system if I can pick 3 out of 4 winners whenever I bet. Its not likely, but we all believe we can pick winners or we wouldn't be betting at all.

If you really wanna get crazy and you are confident, you can put in a 3 or 4 team parlay consisting of your picks. I didn't do it because I'm iffy on the Bobcats Under.

Altogether I spent $50 to run this test. $5 per single bet and $5 per parlay. If I win all of my tickets, I stand to win: $146... This should be fun.

KingDF
    KingDF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

OK, I was 2-2 yesterday. Damn TCU losing the spread by 1 damn point at the very end.

Overall, I lost $13 which isn't a bad test. I plan to run the test again later this week when there are more options to choose from.