Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    If the game I watched last night was a bad product...I truly hope that fines start raining down on the Wizards and Pistons for putting out a shitty product on a nightly basis

CDMKMP
    CDMKMP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

It's cool that they can bank on a standard "broken play turning into Ray Allen 3-pointer in the waning seconds to take the lead" play.

That's pretty gutsy.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya lakerboy, never a doubt about the Heat winning.

I forgot that NBA controls whether or not Ray Allen 3 pointers go in or not.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

so it works like sbr poker

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post

11/29 04:02 PM +289 -330
    11/29 04:01 PM +277 -315
    11/29 04:01 PM +274 -312
    11/29 04:01 PM +259 -294
    11/29 04:00 PM +246 -278
    11/29 03:58 PM +233 -263
    11/29 03:57 PM +228 -256
    11/29 03:57 PM +222 -250
    11/29 03:48 PM +211 -237
    11/29 03:45 PM +207 -232
    11/29 03:37 PM +201 -225
    11/29 03:36 PM +199 -222

Thanks

Vegas39

Yes because a huge Ml dog never wins

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Yes because a huge Ml dog never wins

+289 is not huge. The line move was a typical Pinny steam move where the money price on heat increased nonstop not because of those players being out but because of the end result.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    +289 is not huge. The line move was a typical pinny steam move where the money price on heat increased nonstop not because of those players being out but because of the end result.

Great theory

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Great theory
    Have a fun night. Its obvious you dont gamble much.

Vegas39

Have a fun night. Its obvious you dont gamble much.

Its your story aiairbetkid

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

I hope the Spurs just ignore the fine, see what Stern does then.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8214

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    I hope the Spurs just ignore the fine, see what Stern does then.
    I can guarantee that Pop is going to do it again...probably on a tv game just so he can stick it to Stern.

I would tell the league next time that they were sent home for conduct detrimental to team...that would be a big F U to stern

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Sorry but the Heat winning there was not guaranteed by a longshot. If anyone says it was I can guarantee they didn't watch this game at all. The frustration written all over Lebrons, Wades, and especially Spoelstras face the entire game said it all. If Lebron hadn't gottenthe lucky recovery in the midst of about 3 sets of Spurs arms and passed it to Allen for a 3 pt with only 22 seconds left on the game it could easily have gone the other way. Miami would have been fouling Spurs to get them to FT's and more heavily defended on the arc post FT's.

It's almost laughable to think anyone could have the opposing argument and say it with a straight face but if they actually believe the bs they are delusional. Miami started out the beginning of the 1st up 10 and Spurs took over after that keeping it neck and neck the entire game hitting 3's and post ups and taking the lead more often then not. Miami was not in control of this game at all after the first 3 minutes of 1Q and to say otherwise is just being a Miami/ Lebron fanboy.

lakerboy

Next time Stern will suspend pops. Pops is a fukking arrogant asshole.

brainfreeze0

The public opinion on Sterns decision is far more against then for. Its all over the internet and sports talks. Pops is far more popular then Stern and Stern doesn't need the fanbase against his decisions. He did this because he had to follow through on his pre game announcement. More likely he'll keep his mouth shut because he has no way of controlling all the teams that will be doing it throughout the season. Suspending a 4 time NBA champion coach for some bs that every team in the league does throughout the season will get a huge backlash from everybody

lakerboy

No one likes the commish in any sport. Its like saying your boss is awesome. Its rare. Pops is an arrogant prick. He has rings and I respect that but it has been proven over the years that this policy of pops isn't working. He needs to rebuild that team instead of trying to milk washed up players.

brainfreeze0

No one likes the commish in any sport. Its like saying your boss is awesome. Its rare. Pops is an arrogant prick. He has rings and I respect that but it has been proven over the years that this policy of pops isn't working. He needs to rebuild that team instead of trying to milk washed up players.
    Rebuilding is great but where do you find another Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, especially when they are still plaing great ball? Who do you trade or how much money do you spend at this point when you know they will be bench playing behind these big 3? They narrowly missed the finals last season. Why would you take a product off the shelf thats still producing results that a majority of the teams in the league cannot produce season after season? The Spurs organization is a pretty intelligent organization from the ground up. I can't see a way of rebuilding right now that wouldn't be wasting money to bring in superstars that are still behind the skill level of the Big 3 already out there.

lakerboy

The spurs big three are not gonna win another title. That's all that matters.

brainfreeze0

The spurs big three are not gonna win another title. That's all that matters.
    People all around say the same thing about Lakers, Knicks, and yes even Miami. Thats just one persons opinion. Spurs f'ed it off last year at WCF but they are by no means written off. I'll bet you any superstar or NBA professional would put them in the top 3 of finals contenders for this year and even champions. I see it as any of these teams going to finals: Miami, Knicks, Clippers, Spurs, or Memphis and at this point eve though I'd love to see it it Clippers is the only one I would rule out of taking it all in the end unless they improve in some key areas from where they have played in their last 5 games.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

What's everyone so pissed about fans got to see a great game, heat won.. Stern needs to cut the season in half so games mean something

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Isn't this like only the 3rd time ever a team's been fined for resting players? So every other time it's happened in the past 20yrs I guess it didn't matter. How the hell did Stern decide that this time was worse than every other time it happens each year? Oh that's right...no logic yet again.

Cannot wait until he retires after next year. Guy's as useless as a parachute in a submarine. When he's gone I'll go back to betting on this crooked ass league again but until then, much luck to those who do.

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Isn't this like only the 3rd time ever a team's been fined for resting players? So every other time it's happened in the past 20yrs I guess it didn't matter. How the hell did Stern decide that this time was worse than every other time it happens each year? Oh that's right...no logic yet again.

Cannot wait until he retires after next year. Guy's as useless as a parachute in a submarine. When he's gone I'll go back to betting on this crooked ass league again but until then, much luck to those who do.
    He's a complete dipshit. From what I understand, the reasoning is because it was a nationally televised game. Which is a joke to me. Everyone knows the Spurs team average is 57 years old. If you wanna give your guys a day off, give it to them. Don't resort to fining the team 250k because you think it's a "bad product". Isn't the whole idea to win the Finals? I think Pop knows what he's doing and I think it's horse shit. David Stern deserves no less than to lose his job. Immediately. Petition? I bet we could get Hundreds of Thousands of signatures.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    He's a complete dipshit. From what I understand, the reasoning is because it was a nationally televised game. Which is a joke to me. Everyone knows the Spurs team average is 57 years old. If you wanna give your guys a day off, give it to them. Don't resort to fining the team 250k because you think it's a "bad product". Isn't the whole idea to win the Finals? I think Pop knows what he's doing and I think it's horse shit. David Stern deserves no less than to lose his job. Immediately. Petition? I bet we could get Hundreds of Thousands of signatures.
    For sure petition! Probably won't help but I'd be interested to see how many people signed. Fining a team full of geriatrics at the end of a bs road trip that no other has to suffer through is severely wrong. So it's ok for teams to deliberately tank to position for draft picks but not to rest their aging players after making them play a schedule no one else has to face? Yeah makes total sense. And what a great message to send to kids. Better to play them now for Stern's boosted tv ratings than worry about them getting injured and not being able to perform in the playoffs at all. And the fact that he's even questioning Pop at all is hilarious. Would love him to just tell Stern to straight piss off while wearing a Donaghy t-shirt. lakerboy I'm truly surprised you're backing Stern on this.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

maybe Stern was getting back the 250K he lost on the Heat -11........play the Grizz tonight.......I'm sure the "league" refs are on their way to SA.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

fabricating news to make news, thats what Stern does. its what he has to do when he runs a league where maybe 5 teams make a profit. This game featured 2 of them so he had to highlight it. Product is what he says was the meaning but that game was in the top 5 this year. Just shows the league promotes individuals a lot more than the teams, but we all knew that anyway, they just made sure everyone knows it now.

brainfreeze0

If someone writes it out at change.org or wherevere ill sign it. I think we should help the writer state the main points of the petition. I'm sure a lot of signatures would make Stern look bad. If it gets so many sigs it will start going public Ill throw out a few points.

Putting corporate dollars before players health
    Designing shedules to help enhance a healthy Miami over a tired Spurs for a higher market team
    Sends bad message to kids because it says its better to play tired and potentially injury prone players to excel dollars

Result of Petition - Rescind 250k fine

jayson311
    jayson311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

If it was the last game of the season and the spurs needed the win to get a better seed would pops rest all those guys? Love how people defend this guy. None of the people on here had tickets for the game. I would not be too happy if i bought tickets for myself or clients and get there and find out is going to be a preseason game.

yeah right. You are a joke laker and by your logic the heat should be fined for not playing hard.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Name:  coach pop2.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  32.7 KB

First 12