groovybrandone
    groovybrandone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 556

subscribed to this thread! im terrible at any kind of basketball, might as well learn from someone whos had a history of success! bol this season dex
    Points Awarded:

Dexter gave groovybrandone 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

can someone tell me the best site to use for referee assignments and if this information is available overnight?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I just use covers dex.

GL this year man.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dex, bol on the upcoming season, give em hell

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    The NBA feels like it just ended - I did some minor tweaking to the unit size of A1 due to the full schedule and obviously there is no A2 since no teams will play 3 games in a row. I would like to create a referee Auto-Play but Covers does not have data for 2011/2012. If anyone knows of another site, please let me know:

A1: Fade any team playing their 4th game in 5 nights, so long as the other team is on at least 1 day's rest. 5u per play from October to Jan 31. 10u per play from February 1st till season end.

A2: Play the road team ats in any game where Tony Brothers is the referee. 2u per play.

A3: Fade any team playing back to back in Denver or Utah. The Jazz/Nuggets must be playing with at least 1 days rest. 3u per play.
    A2 play created (see above)**

*Anyone following this thread please post any time you notice an A1, A2 or A3....i'm sure to miss a play or 2 doing this on my own. Thanks.

Harun
    Harun's Avatar Become A Pro!

fuckin loser

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Harun View Post
    fuckin loser

Dexter
    Update your status

2012-2013 Predictions:

East:
    Atlantic:

1) Celtics -53*
    2) Nets -47*
    3) Sixers -43*
    4) Knicks -37
    5) Raptors -31

Central:
    1) Bulls -54*
    2) Pacers -51*
    3) Bucks -43*
    4) Pistons -29
    5) Cavs -28

SouthEast:
    1) Heat -63*
    2) Hawks -46*
    3) Magic -29
    4) Cavs -26
    5) Wizards -23

ECF ~ Heat over Celtics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Northwest:
    1) Thunder -62*
    2) Nuggets -51*
    3) Blazers -44*
    4) Jazz -39*
    5) Wolves -24

Pacific:
    1) Lakers -57*
    2) Clippers -56*
    3) Suns -33
    4) Warriors -30
    5) Kings -28

SouthWest:
    1) Spurs -56*
    2) Grizzlies -50*
    3) Mavs -38
    4) Rockets -32
    5) Hornets -25

WCF ~ Lakers over Spurs

NBA Finals ~ Thunder over Heat
    Last edited by Dexter; 10-30-12 at 01:49 PM.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

GL this yr Dex

fly fisher
    Update your status
    fly fisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3610

So how is the weather where you all are at. Here in the mountain west we are expected another partly cloudy day in the 70's, unreal for this time of year.

CheeseHead
    CheeseHead's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Dex..have kept an eye on your plays throughout the past couple seasons and I think you came out ahead both seasons...I may actually chime in here every once in awhile this year since you seem to be someone I can learn more from. Whens the last time you even had a lising year? And just curious, are all your plays based off a system or are the non-auto plays more gut-based? Any really informative websites you focus on throughout the year to help?

Thanks man..good luck this year. Glad the NBA is back for a full season.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

2012-2013 Predictions:

East:
    Atlantic:

1) Celtics -53*
    2) Nets -47*
    3) Sixers -43*
    4) Knicks -37
    5) Raptors -31

Central:
    1) Bulls -54*
    2) Pacers -51*
    3) Bucks -43*
    4) Pistons -29
    5) Cavs -28

SouthEast:
    1) Heat -63*
    2) Hawks -46*
    3) Magic -29
    4) Cavs -26
    5) Wizards -23

ECF ~ Heat over Celtics

wow, you are so down on them. I think they will surprise some people this year. I can only hope:-)

Paul Kemp
    Paul Kemp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by groovybrandone View Post
    subscribed to this thread! im terrible at any kind of basketball, might as well learn from someone whos had a history of success! bol this season dex
    I'm with you Groovy - I'm hoping Dex introduce some new concepts into my capping. I'm just horrendous on the NBA.

GLTA and BOL, Dex.

Paul Kemp

Wow - thread took a weird turn there for short minute. WTF was all that about Harun?

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseHead View Post
    Hey Dex..have kept an eye on your plays throughout the past couple seasons and I think you came out ahead both seasons...I may actually chime in here every once in awhile this year since you seem to be someone I can learn more from. Whens the last time you even had a lising year? And just curious, are all your plays based off a system or are the non-auto plays more gut-based? Any really informative websites you focus on throughout the year to help?

Thanks man..good luck this year. Glad the NBA is back for a full season.
    losing season in the nba? 2010-2011 i lost...

i always look at my results last 12 months, and for about 2 years straight i was always up looking at last 12 months in MLB, NBA, NFL, NCAAF, NCAAB. That was until last week where i got hammered in the NFL and World Series. Non auto is mostly gut but i also use scoresandodds/covers/thespread

Thx - you too CheeseHead

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kemp View Post
    Wow - thread took a weird turn there for short minute. WTF was all that about Harun?
    he must have tailed me last week in NFL/MLB...ha

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    wow, you are so down on them. I think they will surprise some people this year. I can only hope:-)
    i love lowry but bargani is always hurt

Dexter
    Update your status

The Wizards are an A2 play tonight, but i will wait to see if i can get 6/6.5.

Paul Kemp

Any thoughts on Boston ML, Dex?

I have no positions on it - but curious to hear your thoughts. Could be the first upset of the season - but there is nothing working for Boston in the "intangibles" column in this one to make me pull the trigger.

I sure do like seeing the Heat lose though... I assume others would as well.

Para2991
    Para2991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

BOL this season ill definitely be tailing your plays and listening to what you have to say about matchups

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kemp View Post
    Any thoughts on Boston ML, Dex?

I have no positions on it - but curious to hear your thoughts. Could be the first upset of the season - but there is nothing working for Boston in the "intangibles" column in this one to make me pull the trigger.

I sure do like seeing the Heat lose though... I assume others would as well.
    i dont see Mia losing at home....just a sluggish game as they stare at their rings and the banner hoisted.

k310
    k310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2548

*Anyone following this thread please post any time you notice an A1, A2 or A3....i'm sure to miss a play or 2 doing this on my own. Thanks.

BOL this season!

CheeseHead

Have you ever tracked your +/- units on only auto plays and then only non-auto plays? What qualifies as A2 this year (on my phone sorry if it's already been posted)?

groovybrandone
    groovybrandone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 556

Have you ever tracked your +/- units on only auto plays and then only non-auto plays? What qualifies as A2 this year (on my phone sorry if it's already been posted)?
    A2: Play the road team ats in any game where Tony Brothers is the referee. 2u per play.

Anakata
    Anakata's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

You don't see Boston coming out tonight and whopping that ass? You do realize since Ray Allen left KG and Paul haven't talked to him. You do realize that LBJ twisted his ankle the other night in the last game of the preseason? The first time Miami won it all they got their ass handed to them opening night by the Bulls it was like 106-88 the ats on teams getting revenge after loosing a playoff game is off the charts like 47-25 that a team gets revenge! Boston has to watch Miami hoist a banner and collect their rings tonight fellas. Boston comes out with everything to include the kitchen sink tonight. Boston is also 11-3 ats when playing Miami its gonna be rocking tonight in South Beach but believe Doc and the Boys are there to spoil the party. +6.5 is the play Miami will be hung over! It's one game and a long season a head of us. Good luck tonight fellas and Dex thank you sir. I made some nice coin last season following you blind! Thank You and one other thing! You remember how the Mavs collected their rings and hung up the banner and Miami had to stand there and watch? What happened Miami spanked that ass. Tonight Boston is gonna Tap dat ass!!!! Fly fisher are you in Colorado?

swavings
    swavings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

In this case you are saying to take the Wizards tonight?

CheeseHead

Thanks man..I'm assuming all these auto plays have very good history ATS?

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by swavings View Post
    In this case you are saying to take the Wizards tonight?
    look at post 53 above

Dexter
    Update your status

Thanks man..I'm assuming all these auto plays have very good history ATS?
    i said in the 1st post that A2 was going to be brand new.

all i want to do here is track my plays - im not looking for people to follow me....if you choose to, i cant be any more transparent or descriptive with what i do/prior results etc. if you want to see a prior seasons result, just use the search box in the upper right (ie, dexter nba 2011)

CheeseHead

That's fine..just was wondering how it became an autoplay is all. Assuming that it has had good history ATS in past seasons & you aren't just guessing it'll be profitable. I'm not looking to follow all of someone's plays, but looking for a good system to consider when making my own plays.

And what's your opinion on that JM chase system? I see a buncha people follow it but is it crap considering how many units you end up risking?

Dexter
    Update your status

Predictions finished in post 43 - I just cannot see Mike Brown leading a team to the finals.

wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Dex, just wondering about a past system play you had. Did you have success with fading teams that just came off a win against the NBA champs?

Dexter
    Update your status

That's fine..just was wondering how it became an autoplay is all. Assuming that it has had good history ATS in past seasons & you aren't just guessing it'll be profitable. I'm not looking to follow all of someone's plays, but looking for a good system to consider when making my own plays.

And what's your opinion on that JM chase system? I see a buncha people follow it but is it crap considering how many units you end up risking?
    i think chase systems are an absolute joke and are meant for people looking for a get rich quick scheme.

it becomes an autoplay by me backtesting it in the offseason.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by wguan2 View Post
    Dex, just wondering about a past system play you had. Did you have success with fading teams that just came off a win against the NBA champs?
    i dropped that one....did really bad in 2009-2010...........not sure last year how it would have done

wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Thanks for that. I actually didn't realize that and I had that as one of my auto this year. I included the Utah/Denver one as well as the 4th game in 5 nights one. Also I'm running with the over on any team on b2b road favorites in both games. Also play any team favored by 5 or more when coming off scoring 80 or less.

First 12345 ... Last