5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    No the other 3 aside from Harvick seem lost. Maybe Kurt looks better this week but don't trust putting my money on him
    Nah me either. He hasn't been the same here in years and years anyways

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Now for Nationwide may play Larson. He was close here last year

milehigh
    milehigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

That probably explains why you didn't get my PM! Long time lurker and NASCAR fan...first year getting into the wagering. Been a fan since I was 3 years old and Mark Martin lived 5 doors down from me in Jamestown, NC (Folgers/Valvoline days). Haven't followed as closely since he went part-time but getting back into it this year.

Saw where you're in the Knoxville area--I'm in Nashville and am out your way every 6 weeks or so for work. Used to make 2-3 races a year (including Bristol) but haven't in a couple of years.

This board is great and gets me excited about NASCAR again. You'll have to forgive my rookie ponderings for a while because ya'll have a hell of a lot more knowledge than I do...but I'm 6-2 on H2Hs since Phoenix and off to a good start . I just need to find the balls to make some big bets on race winners.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

How about truex in the 78 Kurt ran well here in the 78 maybe truex can get a good finish here

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Nah me either. He hasn't been the same here in years and years anyways
    25-1 is a big price on Kurt though. IMO.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I think it's where he should be

hasnt performed in years and years here and hasn't showed me that new team is in any kind of sink early. Its a big price I just think its there and has a good reason to be. I think there's gonna be better longshots and 2x that price. At least I'm hoping for it on who I'm looking at

Slimpickens

Kurt was 4th in the this race last year and was the leader when he had major trouble in the night race.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    How about truex in the 78 Kurt ran well here in the 78 maybe truex can get a good finish here
    It's the #78 team/car I don't trust

Slimpickens

How are dimes odds not up yet? Betonline is even up.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Kurt was 4th in the this race last year and was the leader when he had major trouble in the night race.
    Yeah he had a decent run 1 time that still didn't end well and wasn't when it counted. But he hasn't showed anything here to impress me since he raced at roucsh when he was dominant.

Im not saying don't bet him or price isn't good I just have no faith in him here anymore to win the race. He might jump up and surprise me never know.

Honestly I have no idea why he dropped off like that. And really in cup Kyle looked to be heading down the same road. He isn't as dominant as he was either there for a few years
    Last edited by 5mike5; 03-11-14 at 11:55 AM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

How are dimes odds not up yet? Betonline is even up.
    Slim they are always last u not learned that yet. Lol. Well besides wagerweb if u count them

Might be tonight. Lol

Slimpickens

Yeah he had a decent run 1 time that still didn't end well and wasn't when it counted. But he hasn't showed anything here to impress me since he raced at roucsh when he was dominant.

Im not saying don't bet him or price isn't good I just have no faith in him here anymore to win the race. He might jump up and surprise me never know.

Honestly I have no idea why he dropped off like that. And really in cup Kyle looked to be heading down the same road. He isn't as dominant as he was either there for a few years
    Yea, I power watched both races from last year and Kyle is always getting in some sort of trouble. I guess he is a deserving favorite though. I really think a driver in double digit odds wins this.

Slimpickens

Slim they are always last u not learned that yet. Lol. Well besides wagerweb if u count them

Might be tonight. Lol
    No, I clearly havent learned yet. Just annoying whem Im actually ready for openers.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Yea, I power watched both races from last year and Kyle is always getting in some sort of trouble. I guess he is a deserving favorite though. I really think a driver in double digit odds wins this.
    wow im not sure about that, but guess it depends on the odds on openers and raceday...which will be alot different..always are here

i watched last 6 races from here yesterday and today, and he starts in back alot lately is 1 reason hes found trouble, mostly non of his doing

he hasnt won here since sring 2011, his last win when he had won 4 of the last 5 CUP races here

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

kyle has only started inside the top 10 1 time in the last 11 races here

hes usually in the late teens to 20s which has taken him out several times...

not a track u like to start in the mid toback even though its been won from back there many times

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

but there is still nobody that is a better racer than kyle at Bristol, even though i would argue that keslowski is becoming it besides getting into trouble in 2 of the last 5 races there, hes got 2 wins and a 3rd
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayHorne3

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

gonna be a good week to parlay a winner to get better odds and still get about the same payout depedning on how much u bet...and if u take a +odds prop or h2h with it...im def. starting 1 with nationwide as usual

Slimpickens

I didnt say I was taking him as the favorite but I get why they made him fav. Kenseth could have been but he's been junk so far this year. Kahne fell into the win last year when the leaders took them selves out, just doesnt have a winning instinct. Not sure why Harvick is 2nd choice.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I didnt say I was taking him as the favorite but I get why they made him fav. Kenseth could have been but he's been junk so far this year. Kahne fell into the win last year when the leaders took them selves out, just doesnt have a winning instinct. Not sure why Harvick is 2nd choice.
    oh i agree kyles should be fav no doubt about that

harvck has no business there i also agree

if kahne had any balls, he could have easily passed kennseth last race here...better car and didnt want a win bad enough to move kennseth

keslowski is the only person that could have been fav besides kyle imo, these books havent a clue...they need sharp bettors to make the board look right by raceday

Vegas39

uncle vinny
    uncle vinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

good odds this week. looking back at last years race. matt was real good and had a good race strategy going until gordon blew out a tire in front of him. always up front here and when edwards blew hi engine in the fall wired out the feild last 150 laps or so. id say my early leans this week will be matt, jeff and hamlin (who as been decent here since the groove went to the top, seems like he can drive under people here better then most)

also, found it odd that brads not in the 22 this week. put blaney back in (any one remember the last time he ran the 22)

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

No, I clearly havent learned yet. Just annoying whem Im actually ready for openers.
    i was just kiddin buddy....i am too

Slimpickens

i was just kiddin buddy....i am too
    I know.. I havent been this exited for a nascar race ever I dont think.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I know.. I havent been this exited for a nascar race ever I dont think.
    this is as good as it gets racetrack wise...this week crawls by for me...its like all i do is think, eat, sleep,errr, look at odds, and bet and bet and bet on it...

i always get excited for the nationwide races here too more than usual

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Now for Nationwide may play Larson. He was close here last year
    Yep nearly beat Ky. Busch in the spring and another top 5 in the fall. Should have some pretty decent odds I would expect as well.

shaunovery

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    Yep nearly beat Ky. Busch in the spring and another top 5 in the fall. Should have some pretty decent odds I would expect as well.
    Larson seems to find trouble too often for my liking but the kid has talent

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Funny cause his has been the 1 track he has just shined at. I'll probably take him in nationwide, but cup odds no sure will be good enough for what he should be which is a big longshot. He's only rac Bristol 2 times I think almost beat Kyle and another top 5 next other time. Guess just depends on odds. I'm parlaying Kyle in. Nationwide for sure I think. Besides that without brad racing in nationwide rce this week in not sure about who id bet single yet til odds and who all is driving in it

Vegas39

Funny cause his has been the 1 track he has just shined at. I'll probably take him in nationwide, but cup odds no sure will be good enough for what he should be which is a big longshot. He's only rac Bristol 2 times I think almost beat Kyle and another top 5 next other time. Guess just depends on odds. I'm parlaying Kyle in. Nationwide for sure I think. Besides that without brad racing in nationwide rce this week in not sure about who id bet single yet til odds and who all is driving in it
    Harvick and Kenseth running NW

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Harvick and Kenseth running NW
    least it makes it interesting with kennseth in there....

maybe kyle wont be +150

shaunovery

Wonder what price Kyle will be for nw thinking +150

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Wonder what price Kyle will be for nw thinking +150
    maybe with kennseth in there +200-ish to start out...

im not betting him single either way...

thats just 1 of my plans to get better value on some things this weekend....now if it works is a different story

Vegas39

least it makes it interesting with kennseth in there....

maybe kyle wont be +150

was thinking +250 opener

shaunovery

Can't see bigger than +175 without brad in the field

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

im parlaying him so i know i wont get much better than +150-+200...so im not getting opening # for nationwide no matter what

just plays into my weekend strategy, so im set on that plan but that's just for me

if he doesn't win, i have a Plan B

but no matter what, ill have Kyle on Sunday too, just not gonna hammer him single this week when this will end up being cheaper and pay me more for overall profit on the CUP side....that is of course, IF he wins sunday and the other prop/h2h wins too....so it does have extra risk involved but that's my plan and i am sticking to it

shaunovery

5d taking there time posting the odds

First 12345 ... Last