rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    The close minded statement was meant for this genius
    what makes you think this was only directed at you? I like your thinking, tho.
    I am pretty smart, but I dont know if I would say genius... but whatever you say is probably right.

rthoughton

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderNehro View Post
    Mikemca, to quote you directly: I see Nehro bred for 1 mile to 1 mile and 1/8.
    Have you looked at the pedigree? If you have then I'm not sure how you can make that statement. Mineshaft HOY 2003 - his crop excel at distances of 1 1/4 and longer. His sire A.P. Indy- HOY 1992, won the Belmont in and BC Classic that year. His grandsire Seattle Slew HOY 1977, TC winner. And he isn't bred for distance?

Running style has nothing to do with how far they can go.
    See Shackleford's performance in KY derby. Out to the front all race long with Flashpoint and died in the stretch. Why? 1 1/4 race. And his style didn't effect that outcome? He died in the stretch Mike because of his specific running style, just like Forestry who only won at lengths of 1 1/16 and 7 furlongs. That doesn't make much sense.

Yes there are plenty of closing sprinters who relish 6 furlongs, but Nehro isn't one you're describing. There was no closing sprint for Nehro in the KY derby Mike because he was moved before the far turn. Watch the 1 1/4 race (Which he PLACED) again if you need to.

And finally, when did I say you didn't know what you were talking about? I mean you have a couple of things wrong there but I wasn't being close minded. Just an opinion.

rthoughton

have you guys looked at all at the other races? gonna make a pick6 or pick4 ticket?

AlexanderNehro
    AlexanderNehro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    have you guys looked at all at the other races? gonna make a pick6 or pick4 ticket?
    I can tell you that Gio Ponti is pretty much a lock for the Woodford. He has Dominguez riding and the only real contender I see there is Prince Will I Am because he races well at Belmont but honestly GP should be a lock.

For the Foxwoods I know it is also a favorite but I like Aviate. Bill Mott is one of the best turf trainers in the business and Kent D. usually does fairly well on turf (Paddy O' Prado a prime example). Fantasia or Amen Hallelujah would be other options although Amen has screwed me over numerous times.

Woody Stephens I like Travelin Man and then Justin Phillipe from memory of past races but will have to look at PPs closer for that one.

If you're doing the P6, I would take the coupled entry (#1) for the True North (a no brainer), plus D' Funnybone is a solid pick anyways.

Acorn Stakes Turbulent Descent through Mike Puype looks like the one to beat. Would also look at Snow Fall through M. Stidham. Like that trainer a lot and anytime I see his name regardless of the race I always take it into consideration. Has won me some decent money in the past (not too many trainers where I can make that claim, haha)

Know they are mostly favorites and I will catch heat for that, but most of them are really solid choices especially Gio Ponti.

Think for the P4 and P6 there is a guaranteed 1 MIL so good luck everyone!
    Here is the SBRforum preview for the Belmont: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdoomLV_-w
    Last edited by AlexanderNehro; 06-10-11 at 08:37 AM.

sports28
    sports28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I will be betting winning horse # 1-6 at EVEN as I think Master of Hounds, Santiva, or Nehro will win the race. I know AK is #9 but I don't think he will win.

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23597

I won a $250 Win and Place bet at GradeOneRacing.com, which is run by Steve Davidowitz, so here's what I selected: Animal Kingdom, and Mucho Macho Man is
    my alternate. My software came up with Prime Cut on top but my cajones wouldn't let me do it.

Best of Luck, Everyone.

AlexanderNehro

Quote Originally Posted by sports28 View Post
    I will be betting winning horse # 1-6 at EVEN as I think Master of Hounds, Santiva, or Nehro will win the race. I know AK is #9 but I don't think he will win.
    1,4,6,9 Superfecta Box sounds pretty good to me

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

1,5,6,9,12 one doller trifecta box cost $60....only two other horses to even consider would be the 4 and 10 and i dont think they finish in the money

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Thanks again mikemca. I am strangely now considering AK for the place. I guess I found God.

AlexanderNehro

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    1,5,6,9,12 one doller trifecta box cost $60....only two other horses to even consider would be the 4 and 10 and i dont think they finish in the money
    I still don't know what to do with Shackleford. I can completely see him failing in the stretch, dying out just like the derby. But with the Preakness win, I almost think the SOB can pull it off. I'll never live it down if he screws me over again and wins this so I think I'm going to key him in up top with a couple others.

Any other late feelings about Shack Nasty?

sports28

I still don't know what to do with Shackleford. I can completely see him failing in the stretch, dying out just like the derby. But with the Preakness win, I almost think the SOB can pull it off. I'll never live it down if he screws me over again and wins this so I think I'm going to key him in up top with a couple others.

Any other late feelings about Shack Nasty?
    I think Shackleford has no chance. He has ran in 3 big races in a row (Florida Derby, Kentucky Derby, Preakness) and now the Belmont. IMO the horse will run out of gas here.

rthoughton

Big Shack had more in the tank at the Preakness, but this will be the third big time race. I just dont see him holding the distance. Im looking elsewhere, and I honestly can even see him dying completely in the final third.
    I dont see how you could look away from Animal Kingdom in this spot, except the workload, which makes me lean a little to my boy Nehro.
    MMM and Master of Hounds are my other 2.
    AK, Nehro / AK Nehro MMM MoH / AK Nehro MMM MoH. $1 tri is $12.
    But I would also put everything I have on AK to show. Put $10K down, double up? ha. there's your lock.

rthoughton

Here's the play for me.

Nehro / AK MMM MoH / AK MMM MoH Santiva Brilliant Speed Shackleford PrimeCut $18
    AK MMM MoH / Nehro / AK MMM MoH Santiva BS Shack PrimeCut $18
    AK MMM MoH Santiva BS Shack / AK MMM MoH PrimeCut / Nehro $18

$54 ticket. Guaranteeing Nehro to hit the board.

$50 Show on Animal Kingdom and Nehro.
    $2 EXX AK, Nehro

rthoughton

Quote Originally Posted by foryourhandicap View Post
    mostly agree. go get em, boys.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

lol now we can hear all the excuses for nehro lol

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Way too may variables in this year's edition of the Belmont Stakes.....even Mother Nature got into the act.

When it was run and finally over........John V could not stay in the saddle on Animal Kingdom as he got crowded, pinched out, or whatever you want to call it.

Mucho Macho Man broke from the starting gate and was too far back in the pack to make any threat.

Shackleford did what we expected he would do on the engine for the first mile and a quarter .

However, a horse that has only won a $53,000 Purse race AND had WON on an off track at 6 furlongs proved he (Ruler on Ice) stretch out, push the pass, and go on to win a mile in a half race.,

Stay Thirsty, had the pedigree in his bloodlines to go 1 1/2 miles and he did....also pushing the pace. If Stay Thirsty was more out away from the rail, my feeling is there would of been a photo finish to determine the winner. As both Ruler on Ice,(1st Place finisher), Brillant Speed, (3rd finisher) and Nehro (4th finisher) were out in the 3, 4, 5 path and moving forward faster than Stay Thirsty.

Master of Hounds ...dreadful race.

Hope all of these animals come out of the race ok.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Velasquez blaming Habib Maragh saying he intentionally came in at the start to interfere with MMM. what a joke, why doesnt Johnny answer why he made a premature move 6 wide on the giant turn instead of saving ground, that was his only shot once he went wide like that he was done, he rode like a 10 lb bug who never heard of Belmont

sports28

lol well my predictions sucked besides the 1-6 bet..Never thought the 3 would win it

AlexanderNehro

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    lol now we can hear all the excuses for nehro lol
    Tony, I'd say an ankle chip is a pretty valid excuse. Even after chipping the ankle he still beat the Derby and Preakness winner douche.

Good call on Mucho Macho Nuts too, what happened? Did he lose another shoe? LOL.
    Last edited by AlexanderNehro; 06-13-11 at 09:43 AM.

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

would not of had that winner with monopoly money

TonyP
    Update your status

Tony, I'd say an ankle chip is a pretty valid excuse. Even after chipping the ankle he still beat the Derby and Preakness winner douche.

Good call on Mucho Macho Nuts too, what happened? Did he lose another shoe? LOL.
    you calling me a douche? ak still would have beat nehro if not for the break and who liked the preakness winner anyway? I got on mmm looking for a value horse the public would not be on, anyway this is only an event for me and do not wager much on these triple crown races. AK made me money winning the derby

rthoughton

I heard I was missing some fun. How'd you guys do? Everybody hit the belmont?

AlexanderNehro

you calling me a douche? ak still would have beat nehro if not for the break and who liked the preakness winner anyway? I got on mmm looking for a value horse the public would not be on, anyway this is only an event for me and do not wager much on these triple crown races. AK made me money winning the derby
    Yes TonyP, because of your douche "excuses" post. Nehro beat AK and was injured Tony, I think that says a little more than a bad break ruining AK's chances (he went 6 wide into the turn too btw). He has beaten MMM in 3 races now (1 injured) with 2 jockeys and 3 pairs of shoes, LOL. The public wasn't on the horse because he was subpar and overworked which I tried to tell you. He has beaten Shack in 2 races now (1 injured) at 1.25 and 1.5 (but couldn't get the distance). Your claims of how other horses "would" have beaten him are irrelevant really. It seems like you're the one that is full of excuses Don't hate unless you can back it up, that's all I ask.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Horses run with bone chips all the time.One of which won the Kentucky Derby and then the Preakness with chips in both his ankles.

Nehro's sire Mineshaft has never produced a Grade 1 winner beyond 1 1/8 mile.

What is so bad about being a great horse up to 1 1/8?

AlexanderNehro

Horses run with bone chips all the time.One of which won the Kentucky Derby and then the Preakness with chips in both his ankles.

Nehro's sire Mineshaft has never produced a Grade 1 winner beyond 1 1/8 mile.

What is so bad about being a great horse up to 1 1/8?
    Agreed, horses run with bone chips all the time when it doesn't impede their performance. War Emblem is a rare and prime example of that. The horse wouldn't be going into surgery and interrupting his 3 yo campaign unless it was serious enough, right? If you remember that was what retired Mineshaft and he was aiming for the Classic that year as well so it's an uphill battle from here on out.

True again on the Grade 1 stat at that distance. I just agree to disagree about his distance capabilities obviously. I'm not making excuses for the performance in the Belmont what's done is done, I just believe a lot of other factors didn't help his case that afternoon and distance wasn't the issue.

TonyP
    Update your status

Yes TonyP, because of your douche "excuses" post. Nehro beat AK and was injured Tony, I think that says a little more than a bad break ruining AK's chances (he went 6 wide into the turn too btw). He has beaten MMM in 3 races now (1 injured) with 2 jockeys and 3 pairs of shoes, LOL. The public wasn't on the horse because he was subpar and overworked which I tried to tell you. He has beaten Shack in 2 races now (1 injured) at 1.25 and 1.5 (but couldn't get the distance). Your claims of how other horses "would" have beaten him are irrelevant really. It seems like you're the one that is full of excuses Don't hate unless you can back it up, that's all I ask.
    nehro cant get a classic distance anyway. has he got it yet? no so dont make excuses for him peiod. he had no excuse in the derby when ak went right on by easily.

will take you on in a cappin challenge if you think your that good any track any day, would like to do more then 1 day you kow to see who his a winner long term.
    Last edited by TonyP; 06-15-11 at 12:54 PM.

AlexanderNehro

nehro cant get a classic distance anyway. has he got it yet? no so dont make excuses for him peiod. he had no excuse in the derby when ak went right on by easily.

will take you on in a cappin challenge if you think your that good any track any day, would like to do more then 1 day you kow to see who his a winner long term.
    K Man. We're obviously going nowhere in this Nehro argument. Hopefully he'll make it back to the track this fall so we can open this back up again.

Churchill has racing this Friday evening. Game for that card? If you want to stretch it out two days we'll work something out for next week. Let me know any other details I need to know, relatively new to the forum.

TonyP
    Update your status

K Man. We're obviously going nowhere in this Nehro argument. Hopefully he'll make it back to the track this fall so we can open this back up again.

Churchill has racing this Friday evening. Game for that card? If you want to stretch it out two days we'll work something out for next week. Let me know any other details I need to know, relatively new to the forum.

game for any card you want.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Maragh got days for his ride in the Belmont. The stewards deemed that Maragh did not make an effort to straighten his horse out and that he wasn’t clear of the horses inside of him. “At best, it was careless,” said Carmine Donofrio, the steward for the New York State Racing and Wagering Board.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

K Man. We're obviously going nowhere in this Nehro argument. Hopefully he'll make it back to the track this fall so we can open this back up again. Churchill has racing this Friday evening. Game for that card? If you want to stretch it out two days we'll work something out for next week. Let me know any other details I need to know, relatively new to the forum.
    game for any card you want.

Guys you realize this isn't going to prove anything.Its like playing 1 hand of poker to determine who is better.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

Animal Kingdom, Shackleford, and Ruler on Ice will all meet again at Ruler on Ice's home track at Monmouth Park on July 31st for the Grade 1 Haskell. This race will be awesome because you have the 3 triple crown race winners going again. Im my opinion Animal Kingdom would have easily finished in the money at Belmont if he doesnt get pushed and clip heels. It will be interesting to see the rest of the field but so far these 3 horses are def being pointed to this race which is great news. In other news 2 horses that I keep on eye on First Dude and Game On Dude will both face defending champ Awesome Gem in the Hollywood Gold Cup July 9th.

TonyP
    Update your status

Guys you realize this isn't going to prove anything.Its like playing 1 hand of poker to determine who is better.

thats why I said make it several

First ... 2345