bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blues trade Sillinger to Nashville

i see the blues just keep on slashing payroll.

it's one thing to just be slashing payroll. but, you know the blues whole organization doesn't care. because, when you start trading your players inside your division well thats just a new low for even them this year.

Blues trade second-leading scorer Sillinger to Nashville

January 30, 2006

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The St. Louis Blues traded second-leading scorer Mike Sillinger to the Nashville Predators on Sunday night for forward Timofei Shishkanov.

Sillinger, 34, led the Blues in goals, including a team-high 11 on the power play. His 41 points in 48 games were second only to Doug Weight's 44.

"Mike Sillinger is a battle-tested veteran who will help us both offensively and defensively," Predators general manager David Poile said in a statement. "He is an all-purpose forward who can play in any situation and can play center or on the wing. He also gives us a top right-handed faceoff man to complement Yanic Perreault."

The deal could be a sign that the Blues are giving up on this season. St. Louis has reached the playoffs every season since 1980 but the Blues have an NHL-worst 30 points more than halfway through the season.

Nashville will be the 11th NHL team for Sillinger, who has 439 points in 877 career games during 15 seasons.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Speaking of Weight....

The fire sale is in full swing at Savvis Center.

About 12 hours after trading their leading scorer for a minor leaguer, the Blues unloaded center Doug Weight today.

Weight, one of the team's most popular players, agreed to waive his no-trade clause Monday morning and then was shipped to Carolina for an undetermined player.

He goes from worst -- the Blues are last among 30 NHL teams with an 11-30-8 record for 30 points -- to first. Carolina leads the NHL with 76 points and a 36-11-4 record.

General manager Larry Pleau has a press conference scheduled for 3:30 p.m. to announce the trade.

Weight walked past reporters at Savvis Center this morning and said, "I'll talk to you later." He will speak to media after Pleau's press conference.

On Sunday, the Blues dealt 22-goal scorer Mike Sillinger to Nashville for minor-league winger Timofei Shishkanov.

Weight, who turned 35 last week, has 11 goals and a team-high 33 assists this season. He had a goal and an assist Thursday against Phoenix, giving him five goals and 11 assists in his last 14 games.

He was in the final year of a contract that is paying him $5.7 million this season, and will be an unrestricted free agent next season.

Wegith came to the Blues in 2001 in a trade that sent Marty Reasoner and Jochen Hecht to Edmonton. (Use the link at top right on this page for Weight's bio and career stats.)

-Shouldn't plagerize I guess, that's from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch

What a joke.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Looks like the comebacks on the Blues will be even bigger now.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    and i still wouldn't take'um looker.

this blues team is even worse than Pitt is this year. and, we all know pitt is already admitted to being in the tank publicly.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    and i still wouldn't take'um looker.

this blues team is even worse than Pitt is this year. and, we all know pitt is already admitted to being in the tank publicly.
    Oh I didnt say I would be taking them either. Just going to make the teams playing them untouchable for me as well.

bigboydan

you know it's a perty sad seen for the blues. when you see half the venders stands are closed up, and there are no lines in the bathrooms at all at anytime. what makes it really bad is when the ushers redirect fans from the nose bleed section and ask them to sit in the better seats down front.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    No doubt about that.