Login Search

Finals Series Price

Last Post

Wow, I can't believe people are thinking about laying this much juice for the series. Vancouver is certainly the more offensively talented team, but the Bruins just played a very skilled team in Tampa. It will be the priority of the Bruins to shut down the Sedin and Kesler lines. In the Lightning series, they did a very good job against their top 2 lines. The key will be getting Chara and Seidenberg out there as much as possible in these matchups. With Vancouver having the last change for the first 2 games, it may be a little difficult. But, all through the playoffs, the Bruins have done well in the faceoff dot, gaining possession, and getting the matchups they want. Don't forget how bad the PP has been. If they can play Vancouver even, or even beat them in specialty teams, they have a decent chance of taking the series.

Though I think the Canucks will probably prevail in this series, it's tough to count out the Bruins. Do the Canucks win this series ~74% of the time(as a breakeven point)? I can't imagine so, so I'm most certainly staying away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
Like everyone else, I like Vancouver. But the juice is way too high. Also I think itl be a close series, as Thomas can win a series on his own imo.
The juice isn't way too high. If everyone is curious about why the series price is so one sided... this is about goaltending and nothing more to be honest with you guys. If you believe Tim Thomas will stay hot and outduel Roberto Luongo... then put up the cash and go for it. The books believe this is Luongo's series... flat out. As far as I'm concern... both these teams match up 50/50 in almost everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by supr_villn View Post
excellently put ! ..

.. & they will win

I agree with both of U Good stuff. No one predicts a sweep, so which game(s) will BB's win?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
The juice isn't way too high. If everyone is curious about why the series price is so one sided... this is about goaltending and nothing more to be honest with you guys. If you believe Tim Thomas will stay hot and outduel Roberto Luongo... then put up the cash and go for it. The books believe this is Luongo's series... flat out. As far as I'm concern... both these teams match up 50/50 in almost everything else.
Special teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Special teams?
I would like to think Boston's PK is going to disrupt Vancouver's PP. A lot of people would never think so... I don't think it's going to be so potent. What I do believe... Tim Thomas will let in a few weak goals... to change momentum here and there. I also have a funny feeling the NHL won't call too many penalties to give the other team an advantage. On the score sheet... it should be below than normal. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
Eastern conference teams are weak, they dont have the style of play or the skill to make it in the West.

West > East, without question.
Last 10 Cups, 5 east, 5 west.

Yes complete domination.

Pens healthy would own Vancouver and be faves in the series.

hahaha. the line/heavy juice is about the special teams, not lopsided goaltending... luongo and thomas are a wash AT BEST. you'd still have to give the edge to thomas, even if a slight one. The lopsided line is about 1) vancouvers lights out powerplay and shutdown penalty kill, and 2) them being the nhl's powerhouse beating everybody all year long.

Goaltending will be mostly a non-factor this series at best. if not a non-factor, boston has the edge. i don't see thomas getting badly out-dueled in net this playoffs. He's been too good for too long. He's outdueled every other goalie so far and is up for the Conn Smythe trophy.

Vancouver better team, yes. but goaltending is not the reason for the heavy -225 line. its about their depth, home ice, powerplay, penalty kill.

both teams match up 50/50 in everything else? . Vancouver has the #1 powerplay in the playoffs (28%) and boston has the WORST powerplay in the playoffs. Vancouver has better penalty kill also. Boston has been good on pk at times, but allowed TB to go 3-3 on PP in 1st 3 attempts in game 6. one of them was like 12s in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
both teams match up 50/50 in everything else? . Vancouver has the #1 powerplay in the playoffs (28%) and boston has the WORST powerplay in the playoffs. Vancouver has better penalty kill also. Boston has been good on pk at times, but allowed TB to go 3-3 on PP in 1st 3 attempts in game 6. one of them was like 12s in lol.
Bro... go blow yourself. Hi... my name is hockey216... and my momma only taught me one sport... dude... you act like your the Jim Rome of hockey... runs your mouth about everything... and the opposite happens. This isn't like 1 meets 20. It's the best in the west and best in the east. You act like Vancouver is the only one out on the ice when they play? You pathetic fu#$.

Bro... go blow yourself. Hi... my name is hockey216... and my momma only taught me one sport... dude... you act like your the Jim Rome of hockey... runs your mouth about everything... and the opposite happens. This isn't like 1 meets 20. It's the best in the west and best in the east. You act like Vancouver is the only one out on the ice when they play? You pathetic fu#$.
First of all, my momma didn't teach me hockey. i played it for 12 years and learned it myself. 2nd, you can't provide any counter-analysis and have to resort to personal attacks? hmm... Well, thanks for conceding my points. And the west conf in the nhl is stronger than the east. and how am i pathetic? i never said vancouver was the only one on the ice when they play. and i never said vancouver would blow bruins out. i think it might be a 6 or 7 game series. i provided legitimate analysis in all my threads. Vancouver has better powerplay/penalty kill, thomas is better goalie (slightly).

you saying that Luongo is better goalie, and the powerplay is 50/50 and is even on both teams is absurd. vancouver's 28% boston is i think 5-for-60-something.

Thanks for the personal attacks, moneyshot. Try watching hockey before you post from now on. Cheers.