SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

NCAA Football Futures

Looking at these markets for 2020 I see that there are again teams like New Mexico, East Carolina, and San Jose State listed. These schools and all but about 15 have no chance to make the 4 spots for the Championship.

Books need to be forward thinking here and not offer a team say at 500-1 or more knowing that they have zero chance winning it all.

I understand people like to see a huge payout on a ticket once placed..but in NCAA Football there will never be a team like say Air Force at 200-1 winning the title.

Forward thinking books should trim down the market offerings and throw a Field option in there. This would certainly drive more action to the market and it would make a future market listing from about 100 offerings to about 15.
    Last edited by SBR Drew; 02-24-20 at 02:06 PM.

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Looking at these markets for 2020 I see that there are again teams like New Mexico, East Carolina, and San Jose State listed. These schools and all but about 15 have no chance to make the 4 spots for the Championship.

Books need to be forward thinking here and not offer a team say at 500-1 or more knowing that they have zero chance winning it all.

I understand people like to see a huge payout on a ticket once placed..but in NCAA Football there will never be a team like say Air Force at 200-1 winning the title.

Forward thinking books should trim down the market offerings and throw a Field option in there. This would certainly drive more action to the market and it would make a future market listing from about 100 offerings to about 15.
    Free money for them, some Air force alumni maybe throwing down some cash just because. Field option would be nice, list the top 20 and then the field. I would never bet it anyway, too much juice.

SBR Drew

It is free money..just makes sense to limit the bet identities.

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5724

You can get that wager in some Vegas shops.

SBR Drew

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You can get that wager in some Vegas shops.
    Wow that's good...progress!!

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020