ThePhenom00
    ThePhenom00's Avatar Become A Pro!

most accurate ncaa football power rankings

This is probably a dumb question, but is their a book I can buy to learn how to create my own power rankings for ncaa football this year? Or better yet can anyone here help me on this subject? Thanks again

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Why would you want to, when there are so many out there? All of which make sense, none of which beat the spread?
    We've been through this before on this forum: you're asking for money. You're asking for the Holy Grail of Gambling. You're asking for what we're all asking.

But if you want to start, you can either have PRs based on instinct or totally quantified.
    If on instinct, start the season maybe with an average of Statfox and Sagarin's closing PRs from the previous year, then study your ass off making gut-based adjustments, and keep doing that all year long.
    If you want a quantified PR ... good luck. But go here first:
    http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is a website that tracks how well the pre-season prognosticators do in their college football predictions.

It is stassen.com

Phil Steele has be pretty consistent as the most accurate predictor, and he uses power numbers. He lists one of his sets inside his annual magazine.

PokerJoe is right though, what you are looking for is the holy grail.

You can be armed with the best sets of power numbers available...but nothing can win with 100% certainty. There are variables that can not be accounted for. Wage size, money management, and selecting the right games are the keys to being profitable.

I create my own power numbers using 23 sets of numbers. I try to focus on 5 games per weekend, and my master plan is to go 3-2 every week. That is my goal.