hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

NHL 2021-22 season Fantasy & Chat thread

The debut of the NHL's 32nd franchise, the Seattle Kraken, highlights the 2021-22 National Hockey League preseason schedule. The 15-day slate will be played from Sept. 25 to Oct. 9 as teams prepare for the opening of the regular season on Oct. 12

NHL players will also participate in the 2022 Winter Olympics

The League and the NHL Players' Association announced they have reached an agreement with the International Ice Hockey Federation to confirm a break in the 2021-22 NHL regular-season schedule to accommodate the participation of NHL players in the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.

It will be the first Olympics for NHL players since 2014 in Sochi and the first best-on-best international tournament since the World Cup of Hockey 2016 in Toronto.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32858

Boyle signs professional tryout contract with Penguins

Forward did not play last season, was U.S. team captain at World Championship

Brian Boyle signed a professional tryout contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday.

The 36-year-old forward did not play in the NHL last season but did help the United States finish third at the 2021 IIHF World Championship, where he was team captain and scored three points (two goals, one assist) in 10 games.
    Boyle scored 15 points (six goals, nine assists) in 39 games with the Florida Panthers in 2019-20. He has 231 points (130 goals, 101 assists) in 805 regular-season games with the Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs, New Jersey Devils, Nashville Predators and Panthers, and 31 points (16 goals, 15 assists) in 118 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    Boyle was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia on Sept. 19, 2017 and was originally told by doctors that it could take up to 18 months before the disease went into full remission; it took 12 months and 33 days. He won the Bill Masterton Trophy, awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey, in 2018.
    The Penguins also signed defenseman Matt Bartkowski to a professional tryout agreement. The 33-year-old defenseman scored eight points (one goal, seven assists) in 23 games for Iowa of the American Hockey League last season. He did not have a point in one game with the Minnesota Wild.
    Bartkowski has scored 48 points (eight goals, 40 assists) in 256 regular-season games with the Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames and Wild. He has three points (one goal, two assists) in 20 playoff games.
    A training camp PTO allows the player to participate in all training camp activities but does not create any exclusive rights of negotiation. The PTO expires at the end of training camp, which will begin later this month.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Regular season only 5 weeks away from this Tuesday.

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    We are ready for some pucks.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

[COLOR=var(--tc,#222)]The NHL plans to punish unvaccinated players more harshly if they test positive for the coronavirus as part of new protocols for the upcoming season.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--tc,#222)]Teams will be able to suspend unvaccinated players without pay if they cannot participate in hockey activities as part of the protocols, according to a person with knowledge of the new rules. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Friday because the protocols had not been announced.[/COLOR]

mr. leisure

Gardiner out for season for Hurricanes, will have hip, back surgeries

Defenseman had eight assists for Carolina in 2020-21

Jake Gardiner will have hip and back surgeries, and the Carolina Hurricanes defenseman is not expected to play this season, general manager Don Waddell said Sunday.

Waddell mentioned Gardiner's status when asked if the Hurricanes had enough NHL salary cap space for forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi's one-year, $6.1 million contract, which was signed after the Montreal Canadiens decided Saturday not to match an offer sheet tendered by the Hurricanes on Aug. 28.
    Waddell did not say when Gardiner's surgeries would take place. Gardiner, who signed a four-year, $16.2 million contract ($4.05 million average annual value) with the Hurricanes on Sept. 6, 2019, will go on long-term injured reserve.
    The 31-year-old had eight assists in 26 regular-season games and did not score any points in one Stanley Cup Playoff game last season, Game 2 of the first round, a 3-0 win against the Nashville Predators on May 19.
    Last season, he missed five games from Feb. 25-March 6 with an upper-body injury, then missed 15 games from March 8-April 9 with a back injury. He missed 18 games from Feb. 26-April 3, 2019, with a back injury.
    Selected in the first round (No. 17) by the Anaheim Ducks in the 2008 NHL Draft, Gardiner has scored 277 points (49 goals, 228 assists) in 645 NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Hurricanes. He has scored 13 points (two goals, 11 assists) in 33 NHL playoff games.
    The Hurricanes open their season against the New York Islanders at home Oct. 14.

hotcross

Arizona Coyotes last season at Gila River Arena:

With an increased focus on larger, more impactful events and uses of the city-owned arena, the City of Glendale has chosen to not renew the operating agreement for the Arizona Coyotes beyond the coming 2021-22 season.

The City has informed the Coyotes that the upcoming season will be the team’s last in Gila River Arena. The parties have been operating under a year-to-year agreement for several years.
    The agreement provides that either party can decide not to renew the agreement for an additional year by providing written notice each year on or before Dec. 31

yisman

Evgeny Kuznetsov was among the notable players considered a trade candidate entering this off-season. As training camp approaches, however, the 28-year-old center seems destined to remain with the Washington Capitals.
    Kuznetsov first surfaced in trade chatter on May 4 when TSN's Pierre LeBrun reported the Capitals had grown weary of his off-ice antics. That included a four-year suspension by the IIHF in 2019 for testing positive for cocaine, testing positive twice for COVID-19 and missing a team function.

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Evgeny Kuznetsov was among the notable players considered a trade candidate entering this off-season. As training camp approaches, however, the 28-year-old center seems destined to remain with the Washington Capitals.
    Kuznetsov first surfaced in trade chatter on May 4 when TSN's Pierre LeBrun reported the Capitals had grown weary of his off-ice antics. That included a four-year suspension by the IIHF in 2019 for testing positive for cocaine, testing positive twice for COVID-19 and missing a team function.
    Ovie needs to get him in line .

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

Crazy how time flies it feels like the season just ended but I'll take it since betting on hockey and playing fantasy hockey has become one of my favorite things in the sports betting and fantasy sports realm.

BarkingToad

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Crazy how time flies it feels like the season just ended but I'll take it since betting on hockey and playing fantasy hockey has become one of my favorite things in the sports betting and fantasy sports realm.
    It’s also about the shortest off-season as well. Here’s a fun fact, Victor Hedman is the only player in NHL history to score a goal in each calendar month.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16522

They shouldn't play in the Olympics, too much risk of injury and Covid.

yisman

The Sharks have hired longtime NHL assistant John MacLean to fill out their coaching staff, four days after Rocky Thompson stepped down as the Sharks’ associate coach.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

It’s also about the shortest off-season as well. Here’s a fun fact, Victor Hedman is the only player in NHL history to score a goal in each calendar month.
    Even the Great One doesn't have a coveted NHL July goal.

mr. leisure

Crosby has wrist surgery, expected to miss start of season for Penguins

Center's recovery to take at least six weeks; no update on Malkin after procedure on right knee

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Sidney Crosby is not expected to be ready for the start of the regular season after the Pittsburgh Penguins captain had surgery on his left wrist Wednesday.

The 34-year-old center will be sidelined at least six weeks.
    The Penguins open the season at the Tampa Bay Lightning on Oct. 12. A six-week recovery for Crosby would have him miss the first four games and return Oct. 23 against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    Crosby had surgery on the same wrist last offseason.
    "Sid's been dealing with this for numerous years now," Pittsburgh general manager Ron Hextall said. "So at the end of the year, you let the body heal. Test things out. There's just a process that takes weeks to figure out where the wrist is at, whether he can get through another year. Some point, you wrap things up along the process, along the way. The conclusion that we came to was that this procedure was the best way to proceed. I think we all, including Sid, wish we had known this a month or two months ago. It would've been great. But we are where we are, and I think on the positive side, we have four weeks until we play a regular-season game."
    Center Evgeni Malkin will be unavailable for training camp following surgery on his right knee in June and could also be sidelined for the start of the season. Hextall did not have a time frame for the 35-year-old's return.
    "We'll get to that once we get around training camp there and he sees the doc," Hextall said. "We'll have a better idea where he's at, at that point."
    Malkin was injured March 16 against the Boston Bruins. He missed the final six weeks of the season (23 games) and Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup First Round against the New York Islanders after scoring 28 points (eight goals, 20 assists) in 33 games.
    Crosby was 10th in the NHL last season with 62 points (24 goals, 38 assists) in 55 regular-season games and a finalist for the Ted Lindsay Award, given annually to the most outstanding player in the NHL. Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid was voted the winner by members of the NHL Players' Association.
    "We're not going to replace Sid and 'Geno,' obviously. So we'll need different guys to step up on any given night and we're going to have to play a hard brand of hockey … There's going to be opportunity for players like Evan Rodrigues and [Radim] Zohorna, and[Michael] Chaput, [Dominik] Simon. Bringing Brian Boyle to camp here (on a professional tryout contract). So there's going to be some opportunity that probably wouldn't be there in a normal circumstance. So hopefully those guys will seize the opportunity."
    Crosby is a three-time Stanley Cup champion (2009, 2016, 2017) and has twice won the Hart Trophy voted as the NHL most valuable player (2007, 2014).
    The Penguins (37-16-3) finished first in the eight-team MassMutual Division last season but were eliminated by the Islanders in the first round in six games.

yisman

The Ottawa Senators have signed GM Pierre Dorion to a contract extension that runs through the 2024-25 season and if all goes according to plan, the franchise will be making some pretty deep playoff runs around that time.

mr. leisure

Backes retires from NHL after signing one-day contract with Blues

Forward played 10 seasons with St. Louis, scored four points for Ducks in 2020-21

David Backes retired from the NHL on Wednesday after signing a one-day contract with the St. Louis Blues.

The 37-year-old forward was selected by the Blues the in the second round (No. 62) of the 2003 NHL Draft and played 10 seasons with them. He was captain from 2011-16 and is seventh all-time in Blues history in goals (206), points (460) and games (727).
    Backes scored four points (three goals, one assist) in 15 games with the Anaheim Ducks last season. He was named First Star in a 3-2 shootout win at the Blues on May 5, his final game in the NHL.
    "Following my last game, it was clear to me that I needed to retire as a member of the St. Louis Blues," Backes said. "That night reiterated that St. Louis was my home. It is where my wife and I grew into adulthood and it was the organization we needed to retire with. The feeling was mutual with the Blues and I am so humbled that this journey has come full circle for me to end this amazing ride with the same organization that called my name at the draft 18 years ago."
    Backes scored 561 points (248 goals, 313 assists) in 965 regular-season games with the Blues, Boston Bruins and Ducks, and 39 points (17 goals, 22 assists) in 82 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    "My final goal was to play 1,000 games, but I came up 35 short," Backes said. "In the end, it's not that all these numbers don't matter -- they do, and I am damn proud of them. But the metrics that mean the most to me are the countless experiences and everlasting relationships that the game provided me."

BarkingToad

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Backes retires from NHL after signing one-day contract with Blues

Forward played 10 seasons with St. Louis, scored four points for Ducks in 2020-21

David Backes retired from the NHL on Wednesday after signing a one-day contract with the St. Louis Blues.

The 37-year-old forward was selected by the Blues the in the second round (No. 62) of the 2003 NHL Draft and played 10 seasons with them. He was captain from 2011-16 and is seventh all-time in Blues history in goals (206), points (460) and games (727).
    Backes scored four points (three goals, one assist) in 15 games with the Anaheim Ducks last season. He was named First Star in a 3-2 shootout win at the Blues on May 5, his final game in the NHL.
    "Following my last game, it was clear to me that I needed to retire as a member of the St. Louis Blues," Backes said. "That night reiterated that St. Louis was my home. It is where my wife and I grew into adulthood and it was the organization we needed to retire with. The feeling was mutual with the Blues and I am so humbled that this journey has come full circle for me to end this amazing ride with the same organization that called my name at the draft 18 years ago."
    Backes scored 561 points (248 goals, 313 assists) in 965 regular-season games with the Blues, Boston Bruins and Ducks, and 39 points (17 goals, 22 assists) in 82 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    "My final goal was to play 1,000 games, but I came up 35 short," Backes said. "In the end, it's not that all these numbers don't matter -- they do, and I am damn proud of them. But the metrics that mean the most to me are the countless experiences and everlasting relationships that the game provided me."

That was cool when he adopted those 2 dogs from Russia when he played there in the Winter Olympics. Him and his wife do a lot of great work for stray and abandoned dogs. He was always tough in front of the net and never flinched when pucks were fired at him on offense.

yisman

The National Hockey League is playing hardball with COVID-19 this season, at least with its 32 teams.
    According to 2021-22 COVID protocol released last week, NHL players won't be required to get one of the three available vaccines, but if they test positive for the novel coronavirus and are unable to participate in club activities, they are subject to suspension and a fine equivalent to one day's pay for each day missed.

mr. leisure

That was cool when he adopted those 2 dogs from Russia when he played there in the Winter Olympics. Him and his wife do a lot of great work for stray and abandoned dogs. He was always tough in front of the net and never flinched when pucks were fired at him on offense.
    Really good career and a great guy .

yisman

Current Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello selected Zach Parise 17th overall with the Devils in the 2003 Draft.

Parise just signed with the Islanders.

hotcross

Columbus Blue Jackets - coach / goalie info

Article this week on CBJ goalie Elvis Merzlikins:

Elvis Merzlikins said he wants to win the Vezina Trophy (goalie voted as the best for the season) this season as a tribute to former Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Matiss Kivlenieks, who died in a fireworks accident July 4 at age 24.

Merzlikins has credited Kivlenieks for saving his life. The stray fireworks mortar hit Kivlenieks in the chest, while Elvis Merzlikins and his pregnant wife were standing about 20-30 feet behind him.

The baby boy, who was born Aug. 20 (approximately 6 weeks after the fatal accident), was named Knox Matiss Merzlikins. Elvis said he planned on asking Kivlenieks to be Knox's godfather. He also said Kivlenieks' death was like losing a younger brother.

Merzlikins was 8-12-5 with a 2.77 goals-against average, a .916 save percentage and two shutouts in 28 games (23 starts) for the Blue Jackets last season. He is expected to continue splitting playing time with Joonas Korpisalo similar to last season. Korpisalo was 9-13-7 with a 3.30 GAA and an .894 save percentage in 33 games (31 starts).

Kivlenieks was 1-1-0 with a 3.40 GAA and .901 save percentage in two games for Columbus last season.

Merzlikins looked good in the nets at times last season.
    Can the team play better in front of him?
    With a new Head Coach for this season, it's possible.

As announced June 10, Brad Larsen was named the 8th head coach in franchise history, after spending the past 7 seasons as an assistant coach with the club.

Signed to a three-year contract through the 2023-24 season, Larsen helped the Blue Jackets post a 269-208-59 record during his seven seasons as an assistant coach, under head coaches Todd Richards and John Tortorella. During that time, Columbus posted five winning seasons and appeared in the Stanley Cup Playoffs four-straight years from 2017-20

A native of Nakusp, British Columbia, Larsen played 12 seasons as a forward in the NHL and AHL between 1997-2010. He registered 19 goals and 29 assists for 48 points with 134 penalty minutes in 294 career NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche and Atlanta Thrashers and was a member of Colorado's 2001 Stanley Cup championship team.

hotcross

Carolina Hurricanes are positioned to possibly swipe a talented young player from the Montreal Canadiens and they are having a lot of fun doing it.
    The Hurricanes tendered an offer sheet on Saturday to Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi for one year, $6,100,035. Carolina then unleashed an avalanche of hilarious tweets poking fun at Montreal for the precarious position the Canadiens are now in.
    Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Center
    His offer sheet was not matched by the Montreal Canadians.
    He is now on the Carolina Hurricanes.
    Montreal receives 2022 1st and 3rd round picks as compensation.

mr. leisure

Parise agrees to contract with Islanders, motivated after Wild buyout

Forward hoping to make impact with father's former team

by Dan Rosen @drosennhl / NHL.com Senior Writer

Zach Parise agreed to a contract with the New York Islanders on Friday. Terms were not disclosed.

The 37-year-old forward had the remaining four seasons of his 13-year, $98 million contract ($7.54 million average annual value) bought out by the Minnesota Wild on July 13, making him an unrestricted free agent.
    "A lot of mixed emotions after [getting bought out] but still some sense of relief at the same time," Parise said. "When something like that does happen, yeah, of course you want to get back to work right away and be ready for the following season. I know personally that I've still got a lot of good hockey left in me, but they didn't see it like that. To me it made it a unique but pretty exciting summer with just a little extra motivation to, I don't know if it's prove them wrong, but just to know for myself."

Parise mentioned fit with the style of play, familiarity with the structure and culture, and the opportunity to make an impact on his father's former team as reasons for joining the Islanders. They reached the Eastern Conference Final in 2020 and the Stanley Cup Semifinals last season.
    "Just from watching them, watching the past few years in the playoffs, it just seemed really familiar to me with that style of hockey, the way we played in New Jersey," Parise said. "Of course, I always enjoyed my time and played well there. To me in my mind it felt like it would be a good place for me."
    Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello was GM of the New Jersey Devils when Parise played for them from 2005-12. The two remained in touch throughout Parise's nine seasons with the Wild after the forward left New Jersey to sign with Minnesota on July 4, 2012.
    Parise said there were three teams he was interested in after his contract was bought out and that his relationship with Lamoriello, along with his understanding of how his teams operate, made the Islanders right for him.
    "You always feel like there's a certain way that Lou's teams play, the way they compete, the way top to bottom they always play the game the right way," Parise said.
    "The competitiveness that they have up and down the lineup, I feel that's always been one of my traits, one of my best assets is that competitiveness. I think that part will mesh really well."
    Parise is also motivated to match his father's legacy with New York. J.P. Parise played for the Islanders for four seasons from 1974-78, and his overtime goal against the New York Rangers in Game 3 of the best-of-3 Preliminary Round in 1975 gave the Islanders a 4-3 win and their first Stanley Cup Playoff series victory.
    J.P. Parise, who died in 2015, scored 171 points (73 goals, 98 assists) in 240 regular-season games with the Islanders and 34 points (16 goals, 18 assists) in 41 playoff games.
    "For the longest time in my basement we had some pictures of him scoring that goal and him shaking hands after the game," Parise said. "I've always said he loved his time out there and was able to make an impact. So I'm looking forward to doing the same type of thing."
    Parise said he also looks at his opportunity with the Islanders as a chance to prove he can still be an effective, productive player. He was a healthy scratch in three of the Wild's final four regular-season games and their first three playoff games last season before scoring three points (two goals, one assist) in the final four games of a seven-game loss to the Vegas Golden Knights in the best-of-7 Stanley Cup First Round.
    Parise scored 18 points (seven goals, 11 assists) in 45 games last season after scoring 46 points (25 goals, 21 assists) in 69 games in 2019-20 and 61 points (28 goals, 33 assists) in 74 games in 2018-19.
    He scored 400 points (199 goals, 201 assists) in 558 regular-season games for Minnesota. Parise ranks third in Wild history in goals and points, seventh in games played and eighth in assists. He is their postseason leader with 37 points (16 goals, 21 assists) in 44 games.
    "I view myself being able to contribute on the offense, but more importantly just being a piece to the puzzle and fitting in with that team," Parise said. "They've already established themselves as one of the best teams in the League, making it to the conference finals the last couple of years. You just want to be a piece to the puzzle. I know my age, but I still know that I can still play the game and score goals and be a part of some offense."
    Selected by New Jersey in the first round (No. 17) of the 2003 NHL Draft, Parise has scored 810 points (393 goals, 417 assists) in 1,060 regular-season games during 16 seasons with the Devils and Wild, and 80 points (37 goals, 43 assists) in 105 playoff games.

yisman

Marcus Sorensen confirmed early Saturday morning that he will not return to the Sharks next season. Instead, he'll be playing in Sweden after signing with Djugardens IF of the Swedish Hockey League.

mr. leisure

Marcus Sorensen confirmed early Saturday morning that he will not return to the Sharks next season. Instead, he'll be playing in Sweden after signing with Djugardens IF of the Swedish Hockey League.
    Sharks are going to be bad again this year .

BarkingToad

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Sharks are going to be bad again this year .
    Hockey teams will look forward to Shark Week.

yisman

yes Sharks and Sabres going to battle for worst team in the NHL

mr. leisure

yes Sharks and Sabres going to battle for worst team in the NHL
    And probably the team I root for the Ducks .

yisman

Quietly, the Kraken made a roster move over the weekend that could shape how it looks in its bottom six.
    On Sunday the team added forward Ryan Donato to a one-year deal worth $750,000. Notably, it’s a one-way deal; the team is anticipating him to be in the NHL.
    Left unprotected by the Sharks, there was speculation he’d be who the Kraken took in the expansion draft in July. Instead, the Kraken opted for Alexander True. Donato was unqualified as a restricted free agent in San Jose and was free to test the open market.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16522

Sabres need to trade Eichel and rebuild.

yisman

An NHL team is replacing one of its assistant coaches after he refused to get the coronavirus vaccine.
    The Columbus Blue Jackets announced Monday that Sylvain Lefebvre would no longer be an assistant coach because of his decision not to get the jab.
    "While we are disappointed, we respect that this decision is a personal one for Sylvain and wish him well," club General Manager and Alternate Governor Jarmo Kekalainen said in a statement.

hotcross

Wayne Gretzky and his wife Janet will receive the 2021 Stan Musial Lifetime Achievement Award on Nov. 20. The ceremony will take place in St. Louis, where Musial played all 22 of his MLB seasons with the St. Louis Cardinals and where Gretzky played 18 games for the St. Louis Blues in the 1995-96 NHL season.

The Musial Award celebrates athletes who demonstrate sportsmanship and exemplify class and character, and the Lifetime Achievement Award honors those who had those qualities for which Baseball Hall of Famer Stan Musial was known.

Gretzkyis a five-time winner of the Lady Byng Trophy given annually to the NHL player voted to best combine sportsmanship, gentlemanly conduct and ability. Only Frank Boucher (seven) won it more times.

Gretzky won the Stanley Cup four times with the Oilers. He is a two-time winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy awarded to most valuable player of the Stanley Cup Playoffs by the Professional Hockey Writers Association. He won the Hart Trophy voted as NHL MVP a record nine times and the Art Ross Trophy as scoring champion a record 10 times.

Janet grew up in St. Louis and was a successful actress. She has made an impact in raising awareness for several charities, including funding and research for breast cancer.

"It also means a lot to me that Janet and I are being honored together because I'm so proud of the work she has done and the generosity she has shown to important causes," Gretzky said. "I hope this recognition inspires more families to get involved with charitable efforts and encourages us all to be good sports in every aspect of life."

Past winners of the award include former MLB players and Baseball Hall of Famers Joe Torre (2014), Cal Ripken, Jr., (2016), Jim Thome (2018) and Hank Aaron (2020) and golfer Arnold Palmer (2015).

Gretzky previously reached a multiyear agreement to join Turner Sports as an NHL studio analyst for the upcoming season, which begins Oct. 12

mr. leisure

Bozak agrees to one-year contract to stay with Blues

Forward gets $750,000, scored 17 points last season

Tyler Bozak agreed to a one-year, $750,000 contract with the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.

The 35-year-old forward was an unrestricted free agent. He scored 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) in 31 regular-season games with the Blues last season, and two points (one goal, one assist) in four Stanley Cup Playoff games.
    Signed by the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent April 3, 2009, Bozak has scored 449 points (167 goals, 282 assists) in 764 regular-season games for the Blues and Maple Leafs, and 27 points (11 goals, 16 assists) in 56 playoff games. He won the Stanley Cup with the Blues in 2019.
    St. Louis previously agreed to terms with forwards Zach Sanford (one year, $2 million) on Aug. 4, Jordan Kyrou (two years, $5.6 million) on Aug. 3 and Pavel Buchnevich (four years, $23.2 million) on July 27. Forward Brandon Saad signed a five-year, $22.5 million contract on July 29, and forward Ivan Barbashev agreed to a two-year, $4.5 million contract on July 30.
    Forward Robert Thomas is the remaining unsigned restricted free agent on the Blues roster.
    The Blues begin the regular season at the Colorado Avalanche on Oct. 16.

BarkingToad

That’s reasonable price for Blues signing Bozak. They definitely need Robert Thomas to sign.

1234 ... Last