EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Va Tech -27.5 ya or nah ?

Anyone have any feedback about this early game today ?

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

weird game. i can't see how EC can get fired up about this game. yet, maybe that will calm them and they will play decent. i am laying off this game, but if i had to pick, i would take the points.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel the under is a little safer bet. Strong D but offense never too explosive.

SPECULATOR 13
    SPECULATOR 13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Take The Points!!!

W.V. are not -27.5 BETTER THAN ANYBODY ,i do not think that there will be trying to embarrass E.Carolina today because E.C.U will donate in a pre-game ceremony a millions $ to W.V.U. for the victims of last spring massacre.Also remember that both teams will be well rested,gong ho and well prepared.No doubt that W.V. is better and maybe in another situation they might have pulverize E.C. but on opening day for both teams to get crush by 4TDs i don't think so!! East Carolina is a safe bet to cover!

good luck!!!

nep1293
    nep1293's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm actually surprised at how many people seem to love VT this year. Last time we saw them on the field they were blowing a big lead against Georgia. I'm not sure how that springs them into a top 10 ranking.

I'm sure that the shootings are swinging people to VT's side but lets face it, just because there was a tragedy like that does not mean the football team will be a juggernaut. People tend to believe in the fate part of things when they want to.

I don't like the game just because of the emotional aspect but I would lean towards ECU.
    Last edited by nep1293; 09-01-07 at 08:05 AM.

rightsideup
    rightsideup's Avatar Become A Pro!

spread

considering east carolina isnt playing W.V., they would definitely cover against them..but as far as va.tech...>>>east carolina offense was ranked 98th last year and this year, their starting qb was going to be a first time starter, but he was suspended for this game, plus they lost 6 starters on offense and 7 on defense..va.tech has their skill players returning on offense..and va.techs defense is going to play havoc with a first time qb (that wasnt e.c.u.,first choice to begin with).. do you think he will be a tad nervous?!! this will be a blowout at halftime, not because vt wants to rub it in, but just because, once it is 14-21 to 0, ecu will have to throw and that aint gonna work....deja vu>>lsu-misisissippi state...

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
    considering east carolina isnt playing W.V., they would definitely cover against them..but as far as va.tech...>>>east carolina offense was ranked 98th last year and this year, their starting qb was going to be a first time starter, but he was suspended for this game, plus they lost 6 starters on offense and 7 on defense..va.tech has their skill players returning on offense..and va.techs defense is going to play havoc with a first time qb (that wasnt e.c.u.,first choice to begin with).. do you think he will be a tad nervous?!! this will be a blowout at halftime, not because vt wants to rub it in, but just because, once it is 14-21 to 0, ecu will have to throw and that aint gonna work....deja vu>>lsu-misisissippi state...
    Is exactly what I was thinking , like the old steel curtain .

nep1293

Well it's early but that was a damn good drive for ECU, ran it right down the field. A little misdirection goes a long way

pokernut9999

I like the 28.5 points I got.

nep1293

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    I like the 28.5 points I got.
    The only way you lose that is if the Va Tech special teams starts getting those blocked punt TD's. ECU is looking just as good as these guys so far.

pokernut9999

I like all 4 of my early plays so far. Just hope they keep up.

remmy358
    remmy358's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed. ECU is a solid team. i actually put them in a 2 team parlay for the 1h. looks like ECU may win the first half outright, may not need the points. this is a classic example of public opinion/media influencing the line of a game. i was afraid to take it because of special teams and the inspirational factor, but it looks like ECU will be an easy cover, and i think they could realistically pull off an upset...

but if you were watching espn gameday today, you would realize that there isn't a football game to be played...i love how the media loves to blend tragedy with football for marketable stories.

pokernut9999

I liked ECU coaches comment. Our defense is solid if the offense can move the ball we have a chance to win a "baseball type score game" like that when the spread is 28.5

jaffers
    jaffers's Avatar Become A Pro!

this ecu defense has been impressive all day long... the only thing going for v tech offensively has been there tight end play... too bad for ecu having mixed up offense without their starting qb yet still able to move the ball against a vaunted tech d... v tech is going to have their hans full next week vs lsu... not sure they have chance in that one

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

You take away that pick 6 by VT, and this one would still be in jeopardy for VT.