ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Coll FB: Notes and Plays

The Notes can be summed up in one word. DISGUST.

Who do these guys think they are? Guys play the season and quit on the team. Transfer portal, hang-nail injuries, prep for combine when they're a luke-warm prospect at best.

Used to be an honor to represent your school at a bowl game. Now, these guy are companies onto themselves.

Two teams to be very cautious of. DD Dogs but tons of guy QUITTING on the team:
    *Florida. Richardson OUT, several other Gators giving up on the team.
    *Purdue. This one disappointed me. QB O'Connell out. Why not just skip the game vs Mich, too? Former QB Brees back w/ the team to facilitate Brohm's transition out. Maybe that's a little motivation.

BTW, who is O'Connell kiddding? He can't be that big of a prospect.
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave ChuckyTheGoat 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Nine plays:

3* plays:
    BYU +4.5 (-110). $330 to win 300.
    Wash St +4 (-107). $321 to win 300.
    Alabama -3 (-110). $330 to win 300.
    West KY +4.5 (-106). $318 to win 300.

2* plays:
    Liberty +5 (-108). $216 to win 200.
    Not Dame -2.5 (-109). $218 to win 200. Some guys sitting.
    Michigan -7.5 (-103). $206 to win 200. Just don't think the Frogs will be ready.
    Marshall -10 (-107). $214 to win 200.
    Ohio St +6.5 (+101). $200 to win 202.

Good Luck! And Happy Holidays.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Agree completely, and I like your card Chucky!!

GL my friend you have almost same picks as me!!

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Agree completely, and I like your card Chucky!!

GL my friend you have almost same picks as me!!
    Love hearing that, Jack. I've always thought the bowl games offered better value than the Regular Season.

See my note #1. I hate all these skip-outs. Unless you're the #1 OVERALL pick, you should be playing this game.

If I see skip-outs, I'm mostly passing the game. Only exception = Notre Dame, who I still think is much > the Gamecocks.

Two added plays:
    3* UCF +3 (-107). $321 to win 300.
    2* Mississippi St +2.5 (-108). $216 to win 200.
    ...They voted to play the game in honor of Coach Leach. So, I expect them to be laser-focused.

ChuckyTheGoat

Jack, always like seeing your posts. Thank you, my friend.

Since you popped in, I'll post a few Game notes:

*BYU. I still think back to the classic Holiday Bowl when I hear BYU-SMU. Looks like BYU qb will miss. But I think the Cougars will like this venue. If it gets cold, they'll be more prepared for that temperature.

*Alab. I expect Young/Anderson to skip based on where this line is at. But Alab backups are never < 4* recruits, they'll be ready.

*Ohio St. Feel like the loss generates the line value. If GEO vs Ohio St had been the Final, line would have been closer to Pk-em.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

youd be doing the same thing y trip

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Jack, always like seeing your posts. Thank you, my friend.

Since you popped in, I'll post a few Game notes:

*BYU. I still think back to the classic Holiday Bowl when I hear BYU-SMU. Looks like BYU qb will miss. But I think the Cougars will like this venue. If it gets cold, they'll be more prepared for that temperature.

*Alab. I expect Young/Anderson to skip based on where this line is at. But Alab backups are never < 4* recruits, they'll be ready.

*Ohio St. Feel like the loss generates the line value. If GEO vs Ohio St had been the Final, line would have been closer to Pk-em.
    Yesterday l was looking at Alabama"s recruiting for next year three 5*, one 3*, all the rest were 4"s Right now they have the #1 projected.
    class.
    Can't image having the opportunity to play my last Collage football game, in a bowl and skip the game. GL

Alabama back up QB red shirt freshman J. Milroe is very good, he is not young of course but is bigger and will tuck and run when no one open!
    Last edited by jackpot269; 12-16-22 at 03:45 AM.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

This is getting worse and worse. Im shocked at how many guys are not playing. There are some teams with 6-7 starters out. I used to love the bowls but im sorry I have no interest for teams playing a 3rd or 4th string qb that didnt play one snap all season

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Love hearing that, Jack. I've always thought the bowl games offered better value than the Regular Season.

See my note #1. I hate all these skip-outs. Unless you're the #1 OVERALL pick, you should be playing this game.

If I see skip-outs, I'm mostly passing the game. Only exception = Notre Dame, who I still think is much > the Gamecocks.

Two added plays:
    3* UCF +3 (-107). $321 to win 300.
    2* Mississippi St +2.5 (-108). $216 to win 200.
    ...They voted to play the game in honor of Coach Leach. So, I expect them to be laser-focused.
    FYI..Wash St will be without 3 of their top 4 receivers and their entire linebacking corp. Fresno only loses 1 DB. Wash St also lost their coordinators.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    youd be doing the same thing y trip

Bullshit. The guys who quit shouldn't have joined the team.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    FYI..Wash St will be without 3 of their top 4 receivers and their entire linebacking corp. Fresno only loses 1 DB. Wash St also lost their coordinators.
    Good info. I won't claim to have stayed on top of all the personnel info.

ChuckyTheGoat

Yesterday l was looking at Alabama"s recruiting for next year three 5*, one 3*, all the rest were 4"s Right now they have the #1 projected.
    class.
    Can't image having the opportunity to play my last Collage football game, in a bowl and skip the game. GL

Alabama back up QB red shirt freshman J. Milroe is very good, he is not young of course but is bigger and will tuck and run when no one open!
    Yeah, Jack. I thought he looked OK vs Tex A&M. Talent was obvious, just that he fumbled 3x in that game.

jackpot269

Yeah, Jack. I thought he looked OK vs Tex A&M. Talent was obvious, just that he fumbled 3x in that game.
    You would think I would remember those fumbles! Im sure I was cussing at the time!

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Good info. I won't claim to have stayed on top of all the personnel info.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Salud, batt. A lot of information to be extracted on these bowl games.

I'll tell you exactly MY approach:
    1) Look at my ratings. Calculate a baseline projection.
    2) Make small adjustments for Situation and obvious personnel changes.
    3) Some instinct on which team might be looking forward to this game. And sometimes I think a team is over their head.

On point 3, I feel like UConn is in over their head. Their list of wins is not too impressive:
    *Consider that UConn was +10 at Army and lost by 17. Same Army team that generated almost no offense vs Navy. UConn comes off a 1-11 campaign and facing a pretty staunch Marshall defense.

Good Luck, everyone. And Happy Holidays.

ChuckyTheGoat

You would think I would remember those fumbles! Im sure I was cussing at the time!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...8-alabama.html

Alab moved the ball in that game. The three fumbles kept A&M in the game. At least 2 of the 3 fumbles were by the QB.

jackpot269

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...8-alabama.html

Alab moved the ball in that game. The three fumbles kept A&M in the game. At least 2 of the 3 fumbles were by the QB.
    I wasnt doubting you my friend just speaking about my bad memory!
    They definitely played a sloppy game! This is the Least discipline I've ever seen a Saben team for a whole sesson

jackpot269

I wasnt doubting you my friend just speaking about my bad memory!
    They definitely played a sloppy game! This is the Least discipline I've ever seen a Saben team for a whole sesson
    Good thing they are so talented

ChuckyTheGoat

Good thing they are so talented
    Yeah, that's my opinion. If top guys sit out, younger guys are hungry to show their talent.

In previewing the bowl games this year, the SEC strength really stuck out to me. Everyone knows about the SEC. This year, it looks even stronger to me.

I rate Alab a good bit higher than Kan St (even with KSt having a solid team). SEC schedule is proving to be a gauntlet.

jackpot269

I think Tulane may be the most underrated team in the nation even though they are 11-2, I think? But I still can't see how they beat KSU?
    I didn't watch any of that game, and not sure how it played out, but that's why you tee it up!

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Go Dogs

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I agree with Chucky.

IMO > Its a microcosm of what the country has become. Those that rule the world and country with their fiat $$$ have imprinted that green ink on paper into the brains of most people.

I really believe that if someone had a friend drowning in a lake and some rich fukker standing next to him said, "I'll give you a million bucks if you don't jump in and save him" > they would take the million bucks. That's where its all at now. Money means everything and life means nothing!

This is exactly where a certain tribe wanted this culture to go and they've succeeded in creating those tendencies of themselves into everyone else....

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

The Bama WR blew out his knee in the playoff game last year. Lions still drafted him early 1st round (forgot pick #). If you're good enough and get injured, then you will still get drafted. A torn this or that isn't a career-ender anymore. Its a set-back. That guy still got paid. Some of these guys opting out will be Special Teams players at the pro level. Play for your team, be a real man, and give it your all. If you're good enough then you will be drafted. If the NFL teams started letting players slip that quit on their teams, then you'll see that change real fast.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

The Notes can be summed up in one word. DISGUST.

Who do these guys think they are? Guys play the season and quit on the team. Transfer portal, hang-nail injuries, prep for combine when they're a luke-warm prospect at best.

Used to be an honor to represent your school at a bowl game. Now, these guy are companies onto themselves.

Two teams to be very cautious of. DD Dogs but tons of guy QUITTING on the team:
    *Florida. Richardson OUT, several other Gators giving up on the team.
    *Purdue. This one disappointed me. QB O'Connell out. Why not just skip the game vs Mich, too? Former QB Brees back w/ the team to facilitate Brohm's transition out. Maybe that's a little motivation.

BTW, who is O'Connell kiddding? He can't be that big of a prospect.

Richardson a wannabee carbon copy of Kyler Murray. IMO, he's not even an NFL backup. Perhaps, he can play a different position. He's not even close to Kyler Murray either and it depends what your opinion is of Kyler Murray.

jackpot269

Alabama's Bryce Young and Anderson are both going to play, that should be a big boost. Glad they not sitting out

ChuckyTheGoat

Alabama's Bryce Young and Anderson are both going to play, that should be a big boost. Glad they not sitting out
    Good note, Jack. Following the lead of Milwaukee Mike...here's a link to player news:
    https://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/

With news of Young playing...Alab line bumped up to -5.5.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I agree with Chucky.

IMO > Its a microcosm of what the country has become. Those that rule the world and country with their fiat $$$ have imprinted that green ink on paper into the brains of most people.

I really believe that if someone had a friend drowning in a lake and some rich fukker standing next to him said, "I'll give you a million bucks if you don't jump in and save him" > they would take the million bucks. That's where its all at now. Money means everything and life means nothing!

This is exactly where a certain tribe wanted this culture to go and they've succeeded in creating those tendencies of themselves into everyone else....
    Salud, heh, thanks for the comments. It boggles my mind. And most of these guys are kidding themselves on their future NFL earnings.

ChuckyTheGoat

Hate this Wash St team. Two things that make them look bad:

1) 4th/short rush plays out of the shotgun. You really can't QB Sneak?
    2) Constantly looking over to the sidelines for permission to run the play. Bad look.

ChuckyTheGoat

Hate this Wash St team. Two things that make them look bad:

1) 4th/short rush plays out of the shotgun. You really can't QB Sneak?
    2) Constantly looking over to the sidelines for permission to run the play. Bad look.
    If I'm an NFL scout...one QB I can scratch off my list. Wazzu QB Ward:

*Can't make a decision.
    *Side-arm thrower.
    *Doesn't protect himself when running up the middle.

As for Haener (Fresno), that looks like a guy I could root for. Hope he makes it on next level.

ChuckyTheGoat

2* play = North Texas +12.5 (-108). $216 to win 200.

ChuckyTheGoat

Was waiting for the # to bloat. A few reasons to back em:

1) I can't see Boise excited to play this game. Feels like a consolation prize after loss in Conf Championship.
    2) Should play like a Home Dog for the Mean Green. Denton TX to Frisco TX is 30-mile bus ride.
    3) I do put stock in Phil Bennett as the NoTex interim HC. Bennett has been coaching forever. I feel confident that Phil can organize the team and get them pumped up to play here.

ChuckyTheGoat

Won't count this for record-keeping. But 2h opinion:

*BYU +2.5 (+102).

Just like how the game is playing out for the young QB. And I think the pts could come into play. Think these teams may opt for "Go for 2" instead of Overtime.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Boise St looks FLAT. Offense is non-existent

ChuckyTheGoat

Won't count this for record-keeping. But 2h opinion:

*BYU +2.5 (+102).

Just like how the game is playing out for the young QB. And I think the pts could come into play. Think these teams may opt for "Go for 2" instead of Overtime.
    SMU going for 2 here. Not surprised, b/c they're accumulating injuries. One shot by Mordecai.

ChuckyTheGoat

SMU going for 2 here. Not surprised, b/c they're accumulating injuries. One shot by Mordecai.
    Wow, what a terrible call. Record-setting QB and you run a QB draw?

1234 ... Last