gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

ESPN: Maryland's toxic football environment

http://www.espn.com/college-football...oach-dj-durkin

i had maryland as a really improvement team this year. not so sure now.

why can't these universities figure this stuff out without being outed by ESPN and other media orgs? i haven't read the article but i don't think this is liberal garbage. i think this is about people being treated with respect.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

No wonder Maryland football is a joke....bunch of snowflakes on that team. "coach slapped a meal out of my hand","coach made me eat candy bars while other players worked out", "coach called me a b---- cause I couldn't complete a workout"

probably not an effective way to coach kids these days....but those are some weak minded players.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    No wonder Maryland football is a joke....bunch of snowflakes on that team. "coach slapped a meal out of my hand","coach made me eat candy bars while other players worked out", "coach called me a b---- cause I couldn't complete a workout"

probably not an effective way to coach kids these days....but those are some weak minded players.
    a player with major heat stroke symptoms died?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    a player with major heat stroke symptoms died?
    Yeah, that's what started this whole investigation.

Was about to pull the trigger on Maryland OVR the win total, but I'm glad I was lazy.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Rub some dirt on it. Get up and PLAY BALL ! Want to lay there and act dead? Next up! That's life pucies. Some of us die sometimes. Did 2 kids die? NO 1 kid died. It has happened in the past. We have citizens of this country dying daily from being over worked. Wake up, toughen up and SHUT THE FOCK UP !

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

I hear you Zin, but things are different today. The days of bear bryant and woody hayes are long gone. If colleges are to compete for the blue chip recruits they have to convince them AND THEIR PARENTS (often times an overprotective mother) that they will be looked after just like she would do. The average 2018 kid is far more self-aware and expects much much more than the kid in 1980. Football programs are monitored by the grievance studies departments in these universities for any reason to complain. Are many kids today snowflakes? to us old timers probably. But as a father, the "if you cant see the bone, tape it up and get in there" attitude might not be the best way to go.

ZINISTER

I understand the universities have an image to uphold. Just tired of the liberal pucies. They have killed the sport. Hope this country continues to tear down the cotton walls they have constructed and put in some gas chambers for them to enjoy!

ZINISTER

100% agree kids today are MORE self aware. They are ALL about themselves. The boys these days don't even chase pucie like we did. They are more about the video game and themselves to share "THEIR" time with a piece of azz. Fockn queers.

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

Yes there are alot of self absorbed softies in college football now, but I just got back from watching the morning workout for the university of Utah defense... WOW! that was some old school "head crackin" as the great Keith Jackson would say. Coaches were screaming, players were slammin each other, a few scuffles broke out. Bear, woody and Bo were looking down and smiling Im sure. Theres still alot to be happy about with the state of college football. The heart of a true competitor still lives today, and its usually on the football field in the fall.

ZINISTER

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    Yes there are alot of self absorbed softies in college football now, but I just got back from watching the morning workout for the university of Utah defense... WOW! that was some old school "head crackin" as the great Keith Jackson would say. Coaches were screaming, players were slammin each other, a few scuffles broke out. Bear, woody and Bo were looking down and smiling Im sure. Theres still alot to be happy about with the state of college football. The heart of a true competitor still lives today, and its usually on the football field in the fall.
    Good points. I went and watched my Akron Zips and they are real bad. Not sure i heard a crack of the pads.