Thursday, 12/22/2016

This is a very interesting matchup tonight looking at playoff clinching scenarios for the Giants, players missing or returning to action due to injuries, etc. The biggest interesting factor is the line movement with about 80% of the action on the Giants but the money is favoring the Eagles. Personally, I am not going to touch the spread in this one as I feel this game could go either way. I'm not in the business of guessing why Vegas is moving a line in one direction or another but rather I am in the business of making money and a play on the total is the way to go in this game in my opinion.

This divisional series matchup, dating back to 2011, has a very telling trend as far as the total is concerned. When these two teams play in East Rutherford the total has gone over in 6 six straight, dating back to the 2011 season and when played in Philadelphia, PA the total has gone under in 4 straight, dating back to the 2011 season. In those games in Philadelphia the average total was 49 and the average final game total was just under 30, beating the line to the under by almost 20 points on average. Tonight's line isn't near the average line normally when Philadelphia is playing at home in this series but with the line currently at 43 and rising, it's still about 13 points higher than the normal result.

The resurgence of the Giants defense in the past 2 months has also contributed to the Giants under the total in each of their last 7 games, 2 of which were on the road. The Eagles haven't been a under machine this season but they have been in this series, especially playing at home. In the last matchup between these 2 teams in November, 51 combined points were scored and with the line for tonight's game opening at 42 that should inform you of what type of game Vegas thinks is the likely scenario.

My play tonight is the UNDER and I am going to buy a half point to get off of the hook.

101NY Giants/102Philadelphia UNDER 43, -120