noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

clemson v bc

Any thoughts if clemson blows bc out at home or does bc cover the spread?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

this is a tough one because clemson usually stinks up the joint against an "inferior" opponent once or twice a year...it's been their bugaboo for the last decade or so and has cost them BCS chances...BC has played a lot better in recent weeks and I took them on my 13 pt teaser card getting (+37.5) points...If I were to bet the game straight up, I'd probably still take BC and (+24.5).

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a fellow nole fan I pay attention the the ACC moreso than any conference. I think there is a likelihood of Clemson covering, but in the interest of full disclosure I though FSU would have covered EASILY. I feel the safe route in the game is taking the over. Clemson has similar defensive holes to FSU's and I dont think boston college will have a problem putting up 21-30 points, i firmly expect clemson to have a bare minimum of 45 (but probably closer to 60 on their own), so this makes o60.5 a pretty easy play in my book (although I havent checked the weather that would be the only factor preventing me from playing.)

King000
    Money Maker
    King000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by noles79 View Post
    Any thoughts if clemson blows bc out at home or does bc cover the spread?
    CLEMSON alumni. Id stay away from this game or Id take BC and the points. I see Clemson up big early. Pulling the starters out and saving the playbook as they look ahead to Florida St Oct 19th. The only way Clemson covers here is if the starters are able to run it up early on BC. Inthink BC +24 is a decent pick just in case clemson gets off to a slow start

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    As a fellow nole fan I pay attention the the ACC moreso than any conference. I think there is a likelihood of Clemson covering, but in the interest of full disclosure I though FSU would have covered EASILY. I feel the safe route in the game is taking the over.
    I like Clemson in this game, despite the possible lookahead, but I couldn't agree MORE with your opinion on the over. It should be 70+. If BC can score 24 on FSU, they'll get some points against Clemson. And Clemson is good for at least 48 in this one. They scored 45 last year in Chestnut Hill, and that was without Sammy Watkins, and Clemson took a knee at the 1-yard line to end the game. Oh, yeah, BC also scored 31 in that one.
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-09-13 at 07:57 PM.