DvdBonan
    DvdBonan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Darkhorse National Title Picks

So I am going through my preseason analysis and try to find teams that can run the table at odds greater than 10-1.

This is who I am looking at this year:

Georgia
    Stanford
    Louisville
    Texas
    USC
    Cincinnati (is it me or do they not have the most favourable schedule ever)

Who do you think has a great shot at running the table?

Gameday
    Gameday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

Louisville

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Everyone is jumping on Louisville and wit good reason. You have to get into the game to win the game.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Based on past history from the previous seven years.......I'm thinking a hard look at one of these is worthwhile.

South Carolina, Georgia, LSU or Florida.

I personally think Alabama will face Ohio State for the title but the games have to be played. I certainly wouldn't discount the teams I've mentioned above. Pretty damn good odds one of the five will be there.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I do not think that any of those 5 teams will make it. LSU will lose at least two games. The three SEC East teams amyor maynot get to the CC game undefeated. My guess is no.

WorkHorse

DVD, from your list of Georgia, Stanford, Louisville, Texas, USC and Cincinnati.

I believe your best chance would be Stanford, Texas or Georgia in that order.

There is very little chance that USC, Louisville or Cincinnati will be in the 'Big Dance'.

Just my take and I think Vegas agrees with me.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They're probably too young, but I'll throw in Florida State. Basically have a 3 game schedule @Pitt, @Miami, @UF. Jameis Winston is the next big thing.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Georgia (5), Louisville (9), LSU (6), Stanford (7), Florida (10), South Carolina (8) are all in the top 10 favorites to win the national title according to 5dimes. Guess it depends on your definition of "darkhorse". USC and Cincinatti definitely dark horses

WorkHorse

Jameis Winston (QB) is an excellent prospect for Florida State. He played HS ball 40 miles down the road from Tuscaloosa and Bama recruited him hard. He is also an excellent baseball prospect (pitcher) and FSU sold him on the idea of playing both in Tallahassee. Not so sure Saban was too keen on the idea of him playing two sports.

He can throw or run and gives Jimbo a lot of options on offense.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

LSU and all of the SEC East teams mentioned will have a very difficult time because one of them will have to run the table. That is extremely doubtful. Stanford has to defeat Oregon and USC (in Los Angeres. USC-1 is the current line), and win their CC game. Louisville has a very soft schedule, but will need help from some of the teams that they play. The will need Rutgers and perhaps South Florida to upset somebody and finish with decent records. I agree that Florida State will not make it. They will lose to Clemson in the ACC.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

What the heck is going on in Louisville lately? They win it all in buckets and now their baseball team is in the College World Series. Very impressive. I know that their football team is good and have a favorable schedule, but I would be very surprised if they get to the NC game much less win it. Props to them though, obviously they are doing something right in Louisville.

DvdBonan

I kind of agree that FSU looks solid but I think Clemson takes it, especially at home...

I just look at the USC/Cincy/Texas schedules and think wow.... if things work in their favor they all could go undefeated... Phil Steele has Texas and Usc both in top 6

DvdBonan

I also think Alabama slips at least once if not more times this season....

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I think that all SEC teams lose at least one game, and that opens the door for Louisville and Ohio State.

DvdBonan

Louisville reminds me of FSU last year... so much hype that they are expected to go 12-0 that they stumble somewhere... but i think i want to take a small shot on them.... stanford i think is one of the top 5 teams skill wise but they got a 3 week schedule in november that is crazy tough... ore usc nd + if they get thru that pac 12 championship so i dont know....

i love preseason analysis

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think USC and Stanford are decent gambles.

Oregon has a new coach and i would have to think USC or Stanford could potentially win the league which would give them a great shot at making the title game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I think that all SEC teams lose at least one game, and that opens the door for Louisville and Ohio State.
    A one loss SEC team probably still gets in over Louisville.

Isn't a Ohio State pretty much a consensus top 5 team going into the year and one of the favorites to play for it all? I wouldn't think they would have that much "value"

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Georgia and South Carolina worth a shot......A 1 loss SEC champion will get in 90% chance and I think the winner of these 2 teams could run the table anyway.

South Carolina has won 3 straight over Georgia and Spurrier has Richt's number, but the game is in Georgia this year. Either way, both teams worth it

I think both of them could give Bama a run for their money in the SEC Championship if/when they meet

Also feeling TCU, Michigan, and Stanford as dark horses outside of the SEC
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 06-22-13 at 02:47 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

South Carolina

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Georgia's national title hopes end during week #2 lol

Fredvic247
    Fredvic247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

Oklahoma State

Oregon State

DvdBonan

I was very tempted to go on Stanford but there November schedule scares me... what i like about Georgia is there tough games are september so if they lose 1, they are that 1 loss team that hasnt lost in a while