Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

BCS National Championship

Monday, January 8, 2007

FLORIDA (12-1) at OHIO ST (12-0)

Ohio State's running game is slightly better than Florida's, but Florida's rush defense is slightly better than OSU's. Both are about equal in the passing game. OSU has been better this season in turnover margain, but I still think Florida will cover if not win outright.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

After watching Michigan, I'm definitely on Florida plus the points. The Big 10 teams did not impress me in these games.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Florida and the OVER. Go Gators!!!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'd bet my house on OSU, but then again, I'm a dumbass.
    Fla hasn't impressed me once this year, yet they win.
    OSU does what it has to do - then covers every time this year.
    hmmmm....
    Easy call.
    Plus the SEC is garbage - with all due respect. They have nothing that can compete with the playmakers of other top teams in the nation. That's VERY hard to dispute if you watch the games...But then again - not many of you do.

Either way - I'm all over OSU. Florida has only 1 way to win, and that's a HUGE turnover ratio. Other than that - they will get destroyed.

OSU has top National talent. Fla has nothing that can compete on that level right now. In fact - this could be the worst national championship of all time - but then again, I belive in a playoff:> I'd care then.
    Either way, OSU dominates.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Florida and the OVER. Go Gators!!!
    I'm on Florida as well here... I picked them up about a week ago at 8.5 and am pretty comfortable with that line! I think this should be a good solid game for the national title! Then again, I can also see Ohio State dominating this game... I'll take my chances with the points though!

Let's Go Wake Forest and LSU!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Remember back in 2002, Ohio State was 13-0 and a big underdog to Miami. OSU could not score points and always won games with their defense and special teams. Yet somehow they won. I see a little of that in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I'd bet my house on OSU, but then again, I'm a dumbass.
    Fla hasn't impressed me once this year, yet they win.
    OSU does what it has to do - then covers every time this year.
    hmmmm....
    Easy call.
    Plus the SEC is garbage - with all due respect. They have nothing that can compete with the playmakers of other top teams in the nation. That's VERY hard to dispute if you watch the games...But then again - not many of you do.

Either way - I'm all over OSU. Florida has only 1 way to win, and that's a HUGE turnover ratio. Other than that - they will get destroyed.

OSU has top National talent. Fla has nothing that can compete on that level right now. In fact - this could be the worst national championship of all time - but then again, I belive in a playoff:> I'd care then.
    Either way, OSU dominates.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

After losing with OU, I am done with 7+ favs this year. I don't see Fla stopping OSU from scoring, but they could put up enough points themselves to keep it within number.
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 01-02-07 at 03:53 PM.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I am so torn now on this one that I'll probably not bet it. The layoff of Ohio State (I think I counted 47 days...yikes!!!!!) combined with Florida getting healthier with the layoff is starting to make me cringe.

I still say Tressel is, hands down, the best coach in Division 1 football but that layoff may be too much to overcome. I can't believe I'm saying this but as of right now: NO BET.

E

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida's shot lies in the hands of Chris Leak. He will have to play with poise and not force the ball into tight coverage. He has made some terrible decisions this year. He can't win this game by himself, but he CAN lose it. If he plays well, then they have a big shot at winning this. He is the key in my opinion.

The SEC is NOT garbage with all due respect. Mcba1n we can agree on two facts. I don't have faith in Leak for Florida to win this game therefore I must pick Ohio St. The second one is we both believe in a playoff. I am sick and tired of all the second guessing and "our team is better than your team" and all that crap that is going around. Lets buckle it up and see who is best between the white lines!! Anything else is pure specualtion.....HATE THE FREAKIN BCS

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Ohio St struggled a bit against the ILLINI although they did win the game they looked terrible but they pulled out the W. I gotta go with Ohio St but with this season the way its going who knows.....

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Hmm...Big Ten has played 6 bowl games and looked pretty bad in all 6 of them, some more than others. Notice how the line has dropped...that's a reflection/verification of how bad the B-10 is....

Just like the Boise St line dropped when it became apparent that San Jose St and Nevada were pretty good based on thier bowl games...same thing is happening here.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I like how the biggest factor in this game hasen't even been discussed yet. Hmm...the best coach in college football is coaching the Bucks. They win this game guys. Don't get a hard on for the outright win just yet.

However, I do like Florida plus the points. GL Fellas.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm continuing to watch the line on this one to see where the late action goes before I put my money in. I'm leaning toward Florida and the points if it stays over 7 - which I don't think is a problem.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

This post is talking outloud and really not directed at anyone. Just a bunch of rambling........

As dave11486 says above, "Tressel is the best coach in college football". I happen to believe this as well. Can the best coach in college football prepare his team with an unbelievable layoff period against a team who desperately needed the time off? There is no guarantee that Ohio State will be the same team on Jan 8th 2007 that they were on Nov 18 2006 (that is a 50 day plus layoff; that just seems unfair). Tressel could prepare for the "smoke and mirrors" offense of Urban Meyer but there is no telling what Meyer might throw at the Ohio State defense especially with a healthier squad. To me, it is more likely that the known entity in this game is Florida rather than Ohio State.

It looks to me like the books have gotten their Florida action and they are banking on a flurry of Ohio State action on game day. I think that will happen and, hopefully, drive up the line a bit. I doubt it'll get to 7.5 but it is possible.

No matter the outcome in this game....Tressel is still the best coach in college football without question in my opinion. However, this just looks like too much to overcome. I think I'm gonna bet Florida +7. Good luck to everyone.

E

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

florida champs