Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Missouri at Texas A&M

Who does everyone like in this one? I picked them in the BTP contest, but I've been picking them in that deal because I'm hoping to jinx them so that the Aggies will fire Coach Fran at the end of the year

I'm going to the game and my cynical gut is fully expecting Mizzou to win by a touchdown.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I hope everyone bets Missouri so I can get a better number on the side I like. Remember guys, Missouri is 6-0.

TexAg001
    TexAg001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Onllooker...I wouldnt go crazy with that bet. Watching the Kansas game I couldnt help but admit that my beloved ags looked like shit rolled over twice. I still cant believe they got out of lawrence with a win. Up until last week in BTP I had picked the ags for or against every week and each time I had lost. They actualy won for me last week. So I am not sure if I can still jinx them into a win by picking mizou. I know that a over b and b over c doesnt alway mean a will beat c. But they went up to Lubick and took it to the red raiders...a team that came into college station and beat AnM. That wasnt a normal texas tech passing attack but it still didnt look to me like the aggie defense could stop it in the first half. In the second half the ags controlled the ball but we all know what happened on the last drive. Chase Daniel is a pretty good youg QB for Mizzou. I am temted to go put about 4 units on Mizzou but my heart might keep me from doing what my head says will happen.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I hope your wrong TexAg. But thats also why I hope to see it move more in my favor. Im just not buying the Missouri success yet. Maybe in a few weeks I will see the light, who knows.

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by TexAg001
    I am temted to go put about 4 units on Mizzou but my heart might keep me from doing what my head says will happen.
    Know exactly what you mean, Ag. Still think Missouri wins by a TD.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like A&M in this game myself. Missouri is not that good of a team IMO

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Soon to be 7-0 onlooker.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

texag,

I'm hoping your gut is right...

TexAg001
    TexAg001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys I am not talking Mizzou up here. I am looking at the tigers as a solid to good team...its the ags I am worrying about sucking. I love the option in college football but I hate the option on every play like what Koenig(ag off cord) has been calling. It wouldnt surprise me to see the ags win but I could see Mizzou getting out of there with a 14 point win...like Iowas State did last year. This AnM team is 2 plays away from losing to army in a virtual home game and Kansasa on the road. But I hope I am wrong and look like a fool for posting this after this game is over. I picked the Tigers in BTP willie so we will see if the reverse jinx will work.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

My two cents:

I think Mizzou is pretty good. But this spot absolutely stinks. To ask an undefeated Mizzou team to go to Aggieland after an impressive win at Tech is hefty (two Texas trips in consecutive weeks)

I absolutely hate this spot for Mizzou. By the way, KU is not the easiest place to win a football game. For A&M to get out of there with a win is a good thing for them no matter how it happened. I think all signs point to A&M here. I hope I am definitively wrong. I will be rooting for Mizzou. I will have no money on this game.

E

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

One more comment:

If Mizzou wins this game, Mizzou has a sandwich game next week at home vs K-State before two huge games (at home vs Oklahoma and on the road at Nebraska with no off dates in between). I would certainly expect a letdown in the K-State game if Mizzou beats A&M today. My two cents.

E

bigboydan

Next weekend is homecoming from "Mighty Mizzou". Now there is a very interesting stat behind that one is the reason I even mention this. Go checkout the trend on how many wins they have 1 week before the homecoming game each year. Lets just put it this way, it strongly favors A&M in this game.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Next weekend is homecoming from "Mighty Mizzou". Now there is a very interesting stat behind that one is the reason I even mention this. Go checkout the trend on how many wins they have 1 week before the homecoming game each year. Lets just put it this way, it strongly favors A&M in this game.

i don't really see the relevance of these types of trends

missou may lose but i dont think it has anything to do with something like this

bigboydan

it's just a trend i happen to find bud.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

This game is basicaly a pick'em now. Seems there has been late money coming in on A&M. Which I dont like, I figured everyone would be pounding Missouri.

hawk 5
    Update your status

How many points did you get onlooker? Looks like its going to be real close. 25-19 middle of 3rd.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I waited to long. Ended up getting A&M -1. I knew I should of got down on them earlier in the week. But I figured everyone would be betting Missouri.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

bummer, took mizzou in ths game and got beat down

hawk 5
    Update your status

Me to r2d2. Hats off onlooker. Turnovers was what lost me this one, but that's the way she go's.

Willie Bee

Pretty damn good football game, especially to watch from the stands. Everything turned on that first Missouri fumble just before their receiver was going into the end zone on the third play from scrimmage. Coupled with A&M's ensuing FG drive, a 10-point swing right there.

I think Missouri got ripped off on one of the fumble calls, and I really liked their tight end #45. Aggie defense came to play in the second half and pounding big Jorvorskiei Lane into the line finally wore the Tigers down at the end.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gary Pinkel pisses me off...

hawk 5
    Update your status

Me too pags, fake field goal from the 8? Could of got yourself within 3 with plenty of time left. dumb