rta21
    rta21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

Huge Info On Ecu/va. Must See

Ok Lets Figure This 1 Out Ecu Started Out As A 2 Point Dog At Home Vs Virgina Now The Spread Is Ecu -6 Or -6 1/2 But There Is A Catch On 2 Sites The Public Is Only Backing Ecu 28% And 32%, So Why Would A Line Move 8 To 8 1/2 Points With No Public Backing????????obviously Somebody Knows Alot More Then We Do And That 28% Are Very Sharp Players. I Have Found Out That Tracking Line Moves And Public Backing Is A Very Profitable System. Just Some Insight Fellas. Im Always Open For Comments And ?'s.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It could be alot of things that move that line. Injuries is the first thing that comes to mind.

rta21

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    It could be alot of things that move that line. Injuries is the first thing that comes to mind.
    DO YOU KNOW OF ANY INJURIES THAT WOULD MAKE A 8 POINT SWING

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where did it open at +2? sbrodds and Don Best both have it opened at ECU -3.5. If that's true a 3 pt swing throughout the week isn't a big deal no matter where the public has bet. A 3 pt swing could be an injury like BBD said or they could have taken a couple large bets early in the week that could cause that movement.

On a seperate note, don't take those percentages on how many people have taken each side as fact. Caribsports, Wagerline, etc... They are unreliable.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that Sportsinsights provides good public % numbers that are quite reliable. This is an interesting thing to keep an eye on. Definitely a good capping tool.

rta21

Quote Originally Posted by JDK192
    Where did it open at +2? sbrodds and Don Best both have it opened at ECU -3.5. If that's true a 3 pt swing throughout the week isn't a big deal no matter where the public has bet. A 3 pt swing could be an injury like BBD said or they could have taken a couple large bets early in the week that could cause that movement.

On a seperate note, don't take those percentages on how many people have taken each side as fact. Caribsports, Wagerline, etc... They are unreliable.
    GO TO COVERS.COM AND GO TO LIVE ODDS AND YOU'LL SEE WHERE IT OPENED ALSO I HAVE A FRIEND IN VEGAS THAT CALLS ME AS SOON AS THE LINES DROP AND LETS ME KNOW WHAT THEY ARE

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, it looks like they just opened at a bad number. They moved it 5.5 pts in the first 20 minutes after putting it out.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JDK192
    Yeah, it looks like they just opened at a bad number. They moved it 5.5 pts in the first 20 minutes after putting it out.
    the same thing happened int the texas tech/missouri game. that was a pick'um when it first opened, and jumped up to tech -5 in like 20 minutes.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    the same thing happened int the texas tech/missouri game. that was a pick'um when it first opened, and jumped up to tech -5 in like 20 minutes.
    Thats the fastest I seen a line move in a long time. Once you alerted me about it being a pickem, I watch that line surge.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens in this ECU/Virginia game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've read that many of the ECU players had the flu earlier in the week...just wanted to pass that along...

jaffers
    jaffers's Avatar Become A Pro!

the flu thing is true...
    check out this article
    http://www.reflector.com/sports/cont..._football.html

along with the fact that ecu's bye week didn't really change the status of the other injured players i think virginia is the play here. While i realize va. is off to a poor start i think that al groh finds a way to get a road win here. Groh is a despicable 10-20 on the road in his past 6 seasons here so that doesn't bode very well for virginia. Sewell has now starteed three straight for va. and is progressing well. It might seem at first look that ecu pass defense will eat up a frosh qb however closer look indicates that of the 8 passes they intercepted this year 5 were against a pathtic memphis team. and two of those were returned for tds. in a game that ecu won by 15. i am not sure that ecu gets it done here and seeing that line movement i will go with the books here and say that virginia should be favored. and gets the win over this flu/injury ridden ecu team as groh and va need this win much more than Ecu.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for confirming this jaffers...

rta21

Big Win

Big Win I Hope You Fellas Put Ur Faith In My Info. I Hope Everybody Kicked Ass Today