brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Miami Ohio Western Michigan Total - 60

why is it so low???

both these teams have pretty good offenses - miami ohio has scored an average of 38 ppg last 3 home games while Western michigan has scored about an average of 37 ppg in the conference games

I thought this line would be around 66, any reason not to pound this???

Creative303
    Creative303's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just put +3 units on the over seconds ago. I also thought the line was pretty low. I'm surprise it isn't set much higher.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

you can come with a sucker bet theory, but if you are on the under it makes no sense and you are guessing. it's over or pass in these games where it seems like the totals are fixed because the play no defense whatsoever

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

miami defense one of the best in the mac but that s/b neutralized by west mich's fast pace over or pass gl

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    miami defense one of the best in the mac but that s/b neutralized by west mich's fast pace over or pass gl

miami's defense was sliced up by toledo though for 49 points

you think WMU will have any trouble with that defense??

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

hopefully not really important game for broncos gl

Creative303
    Creative303's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also just bet +3 units on 1st half for 30 pts. I think this game will be a shoot out. The defense can't contain WMU. Especially if they can't against Toledo.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    you can come with a sucker bet theory, but if you are on the under it makes no sense and you are guessing. it's over or pass in these games where it seems like the totals are fixed because the play no defense whatsoever
    miami ohio d is pretty good, and the miami ohio o doesn't score that many points. people just remember the high scoring mac games we have seen lately...but the last 2 road games before toledo the w mich o averaged less than 17 points, against 2 d's weaker than what they face tonight. i don't find a case for the over here that seems too good to be true. mac games are always a guess at best...but i could easily picture a 24-17 type game tonight. just my opinion tho...and i'm not gonna fight all day with brah over it. gl all.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    miami ohio d is pretty good, and the miami ohio o doesn't score that many points. people just remember the high scoring mac games we have seen lately...but the last 2 road games before toledo the w mich o averaged less than 17 points, against 2 d's weaker than what they face tonight. i don't find a case for the over here that seems too good to be true. mac games are always a guess at best...but i could easily picture a 24-17 type game tonight. just my opinion tho...and i'm not gonna fight all day with brah over it. gl all.
    why do you say Miami offense isn't good??? They have a good passing game and a pretty good QB

Western michigan defense is atrocious as well

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Huh Miami's offense doesn't score much since when? Last 4 games have scored 28,41,35 and 21 course that was against a tough temple defense. Western Michigans defense just gave up 800 yards yes 800 yards to toledo. If anything i'd take the under i won't be betting on it but in the Bowling Green vs Ohio game. Bowling Greens offense has looked terrible the last 4 weeks or so. This one i will be betting the over.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Game will go under. Offenses won't be in synch, will be a cold and rainy night in Ohio

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Game will go under. Offenses won't be in synch, will be a cold and rainy night in Ohio

I don't understand where this myth of cold games = low scoring comes from

West Virginia played a snowey game earlier this year that had like 73 points!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Huh Miami's offense doesn't score much since when? Last 4 games have scored 28,41,35 and 21 course that was against a tough temple defense. Western Michigans defense just gave up 800 yards yes 800 yards to toledo. If anything i'd take the under i won't be betting on it but in the Bowling Green vs Ohio game. Bowling Greens offense has looked terrible the last 4 weeks or so. This one i will be betting the over.

agreed, Western Michigan defense is absolutely atrocious

even if their offense struggles and they get blown out, the over should still be covered in like a 50-21 type game

Scuba Gooding Jr
    Scuba Gooding Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    It's not supposed to rain tonight, temp around 40 at kickoff.

sandman0713

they are ball control man...and will be even moreso tonight as a gameplan against w mich. they only average 22 per game. i been betting miami ohio games all year it seems...even before all this mac weeknight started...so i have been following their games. this is not a big play o, and they will be looking to drain clock all night. i don't care tho...take the over everyone. brah starts these stupid threads asking for good input on stanford -87 or over 89 and says something like "what am i missing"...but then he just sits all day and tries to discredit any info anyone posts. here is one good reason not to "pound it" brah, if nothing else...

line opens like 10 points lower than what you think it should...on a weeknight game...in a conference showing 100 point games every week it seems on nat'l tv. no way i would drop big on the under either here tho...it is the mac. i can see a 24-17 type game...but could also see a shootout. not a great bet, and no mac game is worthy of "pounding" this year with all the craziness. mac games moved to the weeknight games are prolly going a long way towards saving the books.

brahmabull117

they are ball control man...and will be even moreso tonight as a gameplan against w mich. they only average 22 per game. i been betting miami ohio games all year it seems...even before all this mac weeknight started...so i have been following their games. this is not a big play o, and they will be looking to drain clock all night. i don't care tho...take the over everyone. brah starts these stupid threads asking for good input on stanford -87 or over 89 and says something like "what am i missing"...but then he just sits all day and tries to discredit any info anyone posts. here is one good reason not to "pound it" brah, if nothing else...

line opens like 10 points lower than what you think it should...on a weeknight game...in a conference showing 100 point games every week it seems on nat'l tv. no way i would drop big on the under either here tho...it is the mac. i can see a 24-17 type game...but could also see a shootout. not a great bet, and no mac game is worthy of "pounding" this year with all the craziness. mac games moved to the weeknight games are prolly going a long way towards saving the books.

How is Miami Ohio a ball control team??

Zach Dysert is on pace for about 3500 passing yards and they average 8 yards a pass

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

this game should go over along with a WMU win

my6sen
    my6sen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

over w michigan

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

I put a small teaser in earlier....

2 Team Teaser #232564369 (Placed by Web)Football - College Lines (Game) Point Spread
    (303) Western Michigan +7½ Wed@8:00p
    Competitor304) Miami OhioTeased 6.0 points
    Football - College Lines (Game) Point Spread
    (305) Ohio -1 Wed@8:00p
    Competitor306) Bowling GreenTeased 6.0 points
    Risk US$ 31.22 to win US$ 28.38

andrewh81
    andrewh81's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami has a good D, but their offense revolves around one wide receiver, Nick Hardwell. If he has a bad game, they won't score much. He blew up against Temple. They are almost the worst running team in college football.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the line models are looking at it from the standpoint of statistical strength into strength with this contest.

Western Michigan is a distinctly pass reliant offense (9th in the country for average yardage).
    Miami Ohio has a statistically excellent pass defense (7th in the country for average yardage).

The same can be said on the other side of the equation also.

Miami Ohio has a quality passing attack while its rush game is one of the nation's worst.
    Western Michigan is abysmal against the rush but statistically decent vs. the pass.

I think the key to this game when evaluating the total is whether Western Michigan will be able to pass successfully and dictate game speed. To determine the likelihood of such a scenario taking place, it helps to take a look at who Miami Ohio has played and uncover why opponents have put up such low passing numbers against them. One important factor that should be noted is that their rush defense is sub par, therefore the path of least resistance for most teams is to simply run the ball against them.
    • They held Missouri in check but that was the first game of the season and the first start for James Franklin who has since evolved into a quality passer.
    • Then they went up against one of the nation's worst passing attacks in Minnesota where MarQueis Gray (a terrible passer) had one of his best performances of the season.
    • After that, Matt Schilz of Bowling Green completed 80% of his passes in beating the Redhawks.
    • In their next game, they were shut out by Cincinnati and even though there was little need for the Bearcats to pass late in the game they still managed to put up 250 yards passing.
    • In week 6, they went up against Army (the nation's worst passing attack) and gave up 126 yards passing to a team that averages 50 yards per game.
    • Their next game was against another bottom 10 passing offense in Kent State and again the Miami Ohio defense allowed more passing yards than Kent State typically averages on offense.
    • Then Toledo came and ran all over them so there was little need to pass the ball but still they compiled over 250 passing yards.
    • A terrible Buffalo team threw for 280 yards against them.
    • The shining performance for the Miami Ohio pass defense came against lowly Akron when they allowed only 90 yards to the Zips.
    • Last week they played yet another bottom 10 passing offense in Temple and only allowed 92 yards but that was primarily because Temple started a running quarterback for this game and ran the ball with limited resistance.

Tonight they will be facing the highest rated pass offense they will see this season and based on what they have shown so far I think it is unlikely they will be able to prevent Western Michigan from passing successfully.
    Last edited by isetcap; 11-16-11 at 02:48 PM.

aread1
    aread1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont get it either. I thought both teams pass a lot.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bowling Green offense has indeed looked like a disaster recently. I can easily see Ohio scoring 52 though.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    How is Miami Ohio a ball control team??

Zach Dysert is on pace for about 3500 passing yards and they average 8 yards a pass
    about 3,500 pass yards is not great when you have no run game. they are not an explosive o man...watched them several times this year. they average 30 minutes top per game, and they have focused more on the run and ball control last few games. their stregnth of passing the football plays into the stregnth of the w mich d...pass d...and without the threat of the run they can focus in more, and will likely do well. w mich run d sucks...and that is why toledo blew them up with the run and the screen game they thrive on. miami ohio can't run the football...the w mich pass d is pretty good...they get to focus on a 1-dimensional o without many big play threats.

the miami ohio d is very good on the other hand...and really good against the pass.

if you can't look at the numbers and see any way possible this game goes under, go ahead and bet big man. was just trying to point out there is a pretty good case to be made for the total being just about right. it is not a big wonderful money opportunity like you are making it out to be. if you bet big every time you saw a game in the mac this year that looked easy, you would be broke...and i am including even before the weeknight mac started. vegas throws out a total under 60, knowing without a doubt people are jumping that over...if you can't spot a number like that and then at least go and try to figure out why, you have no chance man. maybe this shit goes over, and like 80% of gamblers betting the total win...but i wouldn't bet on it.

see...this is why i said i was gonna take the week away from here. i make my case on each game with numbers i feel matter, and what i feel is solid reasoning. people can't take it at that tho, and they want to pull you into a big fight. this makes it uncomfortable to watch the game...knowing you are gonna have someone in here bashing you anytime you are wrong. i think many do this just because they have no money left to bet with...but whatever. i have 1 unit...$20...on this total, and i will not sweat it in the least if i am wrong. i just don't feel it is the "no-brainer" people are making it out to be. gl everyone tonight.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    I think the line models are looking at it from the standpoint of statistical strength into strength with this contest. Western Michigan is a distinctly pass reliant offense (9th in the country for average yardage). Miami Ohio has a statistically excellent pass defense (7th in the country for average yardage). The same can be said on the other side of the equation also. Miami Ohio has a quality passing attack while its rush game is one of the nation's worst. Western Michigan is abysmal against the rush but statistically decent vs. the pass. I think the key to this game when evaluating the total is whether Western Michigan will be able to pass successfully and dictate game speed. To determine the likelihood of such a scenario taking place, it helps to take a look at who Miami Ohio has played and uncover why opponents have put up such low passing numbers against them. One important factor that should be noted is that their rush defense is sub par, therefore the path of least resistance for most teams is to simply run the ball against them.
    • They held Missouri in check but that was the first game of the season and the first start for James Franklin who has since evolved into a quality passer.
    • Then they went up against one of the nation's worst passing attacks in Minnesota where MarQueis Gray (a terrible passer) had one of his best performances of the season.
    • After that, Matt Schilz of Bowling Green completed 80% of his passes in beating the Redhawks.
    • In their next game, they were shut out by Cincinnati and even though there was little need for the Bearcats to pass late in the game they still managed to put up 250 yards passing.
    • In week 6, they went up against Army (the nation's worst passing attack) and gave up 126 yards passing to a team that averages 50 yards per game.
    • Their next game was against another bottom 10 passing offense in Kent State and again the Miami Ohio defense allowed more passing yards than Kent State typically averages on offense.
    • Then Toledo came and ran all over them so there was little need to pass the ball but still they compiled over 250 passing yards.
    • A terrible Buffalo team threw for 280 yards against them.
    • The shining performance for the Miami Ohio pass defense came against lowly Akron when they allowed only 90 yards to the Zips.
    • Last week they played yet another bottom 10 passing offense in Temple and only allowed 92 yards but that was primarily because Temple started a running quarterback for this game and ran the ball with limited resistance.
    Tonight they will be facing the highest rated pass offense they will see this season and based on what they have shown so far I think it is unlikely they will be able to prevent Western Michigan for passing successfully.
    one of the best posts i have seen here ^^^

brahmabull117

about 3,500 pass yards is not great when you have no run game. they are not an explosive o man...watched them several times this year. they average 30 minutes top per game, and they have focused more on the run and ball control last few games. their stregnth of passing the football plays into the stregnth of the w mich d...pass d...and without the threat of the run they can focus in more, and will likely do well. w mich run d sucks...and that is why toledo blew them up with the run and the screen game they thrive on. miami ohio can't run the football...the w mich pass d is pretty good...they get to focus on a 1-dimensional o without many big play threats.

see...this is why i said i was gonna take the week away from here. i make my case on each game with numbers i feel matter, and what i feel is solid reasoning. people can't take it at that tho, and they want to pull you into a big fight....knowing you are gonna have someone in here bashing you anytime you are wrong. i think many do this just because they have no money left to bet with...but whatever. i have 1 unit...$20...on this total, and i will not sweat it in the least if i am wrong. i just don't feel it is the "no-brainer" people are making it out to be. gl everyone tonight.

dude you gotta stop the whining cause it's pretty fukking annoying

if you don't want to get into a passionate and intense debate about a play, then don't enter the thread at all

brahmabull117

one of the best posts i have seen here ^^^

he's disagreeing with what you're saying dude

Western Michigan should have no problem putting up points in this game is what he's telling you the information suggests

sandman0713

he's disagreeing with what you're saying dude

Western Michigan should have no problem putting up points in this game is what he's telling you the information suggests
    he's posting actual info man, in a useful way...rare here. the fact that you have added this play to your latest college football thread makes me feel much better about my small under play. gl all tonight...gotta let brah have the last word or it will never end.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude you gotta stop the whining cause it's pretty fukking annoying

if you don't want to get into a passionate and intense debate about a play, then don't enter the thread at all
    That's what these forums were created for huh Brahma? Passion! Intensity!

brahmabull117

the fact that you have added this play to your latest college football thread makes me feel much better about my small under play.

now why the need for this personal attack??

and why do you have to cap everything with "this is just a small play"??

Get a pair of balls and standup for what you believe in and put about 4 units on the under you sissy

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    That's what these forums were created for huh Brahma? Passion! Intensity!

when are you gonna shut the fukk up and stop following me around like the obsessive little worthless roosterlicker that you are???

ShogunRua
    Update Status

when are you gonna shut the fukk up and stop following me around like the obsessive little worthless roosterlicker that you are???
    nobody follows you anywhere dipshlt. Every single fukkin time I log on here your bullsh it threads are always bumped up to the top because you create 100's of threads all day everyday. You actually ruin my SBR experience.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    nobody follows you anywhere dipshlt. Every single fukkin time I log on here your bullsh it threads are always bumped up to the top because you create 100's of threads all day everyday. You actually ruin my SBR experience.

I've got like 3 or 4 threads on the front page compared to about 2 dozen threads started by other people

How can somebody be so fukking retarded shogun?? Can you explain that to me????

ShogunRua
    Update Status

I've got like 3 or 4 threads on the front page compared to about 2 dozen threads started by other people

How can somebody be so fukking retarded shogun?? Can you explain that to me????
    Exactly! And most of them are constantly being bumped to the top.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Western Mich passing attack is 8 in the whole nation

12 Last