UFC on Versus 3

March 3, 2011

Rumoured Bouts:
    • Martin Kampmann vs. Diego Sanchez
    • C.B. Dollaway vs. Mark Munoz

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

oo me likey, i was looking forward to diegos next matchup. I wish it were against a less popular fighter tho.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

kampmann should take it imo.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Kampmann vs Sanchez is pretty good main event for a free card.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

I hope they stack a lot of the card with ex WEC fighters.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Looks pretty great

Does Diego open as a small favorite? I would assume Munoz would be somewhere around -200

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Add Sakara vs. Falcao to the card. Nasty matchup!

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Love Diego in that fight. I just cant get behind Kampmann...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    Add Sakara vs. Falcao to the card. Nasty matchup!
    Nice, but I think this could be bad for Sakara, he doesnt seem to deal well with aggressive guys who put the pressure on and doesnt exactly have the greatest chin.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Sakara's going to sleep.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Nice, but I think this could be bad for Sakara, he doesnt seem to deal well with aggressive guys who put the pressure on and doesnt exactly have the greatest chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by lasker View Post
    Sakara's going to sleep.
    Sakara is going to face plant on the canvas for sure. Line will probably be high on Falcao. But I would take Falcao in rd 1 and Falcao by KO. This has highlight reel written all over it.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

i think Diego will be the slight fav, and i'll take Kampmann as a dog

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

update card, expected to take place in lousiville, ky

looking good so far

ddream1
    ddream1's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats a really solid card

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Solid Card for Versus

Poppa Catfish

Amazing card

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

amazing card? what?

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Card sux.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Card sux.
    haha

Poppa Catfish

Yep, amazing card.

I take it you haven't seen Bowles, Page, Mizugaki, and Diego Sanchez fight before? That alone makes it a great card, seeing Sakara knocked out should be fun too.

It has something for everyone

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Yep, amazing card.

I take it you haven't seen Bowles, Page, Mizugaki, and Diego Sanchez fight before? That alone makes it a great card, seeing Sakara knocked out should be fun too.

It has something for everyone
    If it said "Strikeforce on Versus" instead of UFC he'd love it!

Poppa Catfish

Maybe we can schedule to put on Phil the male nurse vs Overeem, to reach out to the strikeforce only fans

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

i didnt kno bowlers or faber was on the card i was going by what this guy posted. munoz dollaway might b boring and diego fight, meh

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    If it said "Strikeforce on Versus" instead of UFC he'd love it!
    Just admit you guys love me. You will see in due time that having a show every other week is not good for the sport. How is chris leben the co-main event for a pay-per-view show. "The crippler"?
    If they cut out 2 or 3 shows a year, you would get the best fights every show. Diego Sanchez is not a top 20 fighter. C'mon Man!!! Ok igo away now. Love you guys.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Just admit you guys love me. You will see in due time that having a show every other week is not good for the sport. How is chris leben the co-main event for a pay-per-view show. "The crippler"?
    If they cut out 2 or 3 shows a year, you would get the best fights every show. Diego Sanchez is not a top 20 fighter. C'mon Man!!! Ok igo away now. Love you guys.
    Ha I will admit it...I find your illogical debates rather intriguing! You've just refered to two of the most entertaining fighters in MMA in Sanchez and Leben...how often do you see a boring fight involving those two? And even if they're not Top 20, surely that shouldnt matter as in your other thread you said that Strikforce is more entertaining than UFC and that the fact that they have mis-matches is irrelevant because it's the entertainment factor that matters. Now ur saying the opposite that the UFC has average but entertaining fighters like Diego Sanchez and Chris Leben on the main card....the UFC cant win can they!

ttrace35

I don't understand you. First you say that you don't care about the entertainment aspect of the sport.(Strikeforce-very entertaining but not best match-ups). Now you say you like leben and sanchez because the are entertaining! Make up your mind. These are 2 clowns that have been cuddled and breast fed. I watched the first season of tuf and these guys weren't good. Diego didn't even know how to throw a correct punch. These guys wouldn't even be in mma if they weren't breastfed. You seen the show. These guys couldn't fight. Now the are main-event and co-main event material? Crazy. I give diego a little credit. But the crippler? C'mon man!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I don't understand you. First you say that you don't care about the entertainment aspect of the sport.(Strikeforce-very entertaining but not best match-ups). Now you say you like leben and sanchez because the are entertaining! Make up your mind. These are 2 clowns that have been cuddled and breast fed. I watched the first season of tuf and these guys weren't good. Diego didn't even know how to throw a correct punch. These guys wouldn't even be in mma if they weren't breastfed. You seen the show. These guys couldn't fight. Now the are main-event and co-main event material? Crazy. I give diego a little credit. But the crippler? C'mon man!
    WTF...Where did I say I dont care about the entertainment factor? I loved seeing Daley knock out Smith and I like Strikeforce...once again u seem to think the UFC and Strikeforce are mutually exclusive and that if you like one u cant like the other. I like both promotions and there isnt anything wrong with Strikeforce having mis-matches, what I was saying is that referrign back to your original thread it's ridiculous for you to say that Strikeforce is better than UFC, but that doesnt automatically mean that Im sayin Strikeforce isn't entertaining. Regardless of that, entertaining can mean different things to different people and there are different levels of entertaiment, I personally find watching a tactical battle between two evenly matched guys like Bocek and Jim Miller more entertaining than watching two dudes like Daley and Smith who are just stand up oriented fighters with one having a big advantage (Daley) in that particular aspect....but this doesnt necessarily mean that I cant find that entertaining still...just NOT AS entertaining as Miller and Bocek.
    Last edited by Vaughany; 12-21-10 at 09:20 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

And I was clearly referring to what YOU said not what I personally thought...

"surely that shouldnt matter as in your other thread you said that Strikforce is more entertaining than UFC and that the fact that they have mis-matches is irrelevant because it's the entertainment factor that matters"

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

These guys wouldn't even be in mma if they weren't breastfed. You seen the show. These guys couldn't fight. Now the are main-event and co-main event material? Crazy. I give diego a little credit. But the crippler? C'mon man!
    Also, you do realise that the show was years ago? Diego and Leben were raw, do u not think they have evolved since then? Did you not see Sanchez beat P.Thiago recently?

ttrace35

Yes I did. But why does an organization have to baby fighters? I like you vaughny. But you should realize 2 things. By UFC having so many shows, they are watering down the product. Dana White is about money. He jerks us with every pay-per-view show we buy. He loves these guys like leben because he can pay them pennies and charge us $55 an event. He should take the next 2 shows and make it 1 show with the top three fights from each card. But no. He will have 1 or 2 big draws on each card. And get us to buy ppv every month. Dana is a smart business man but he won't get me anymore. I love UFC too. But only the good fights. That tuf show was years ago, but why did a have to wait 3 years to see diego finally finish a fight. I want to see polished fighters, not UFC kindergarten!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yes I did. But why does an organization have to baby fighters? I like you vaughny. But you should realize 2 things. By UFC having so many shows, they are watering down the product. Dana White is about money. He jerks us with every pay-per-view show we buy. He loves these guys like leben because he can pay them pennies and charge us $55 an event. He should take the next 2 shows and make it 1 show with the top three fights from each card. But no. He will have 1 or 2 big draws on each card. And get up to buy ppv every month. Dana is a smart business man but he won't get me anymore. I love UFC too. But only the good fights. That tuf show was years ago, but why did a have to wait 3 years to see diego finally finish a fight. I want to see polished fighters, not UFC kindergarten!!!
    Ha I like u 2 trace! And u may well be right and maybe the UFC is over-saturating the market, I guess that remains to be seen if it has a negative effect on the sport as a whole. But as a degenerate gambler the more events the better for me as it gives me more opportunity to make money and not have to wait for a month for every card! On the flipside to you saying that Dana is all about making money at fighters like Leben's expense adn that he should take the next 2 shows and make 1 show with the top three fights from each card, what would happen to those fighters that you dont deem good enough for that card? They wouldnt be fighting in the UFC and thus wouldnt be earning any money at all never mind the "pennies" that the likes of Leben earn?
    Last edited by Vaughany; 12-21-10 at 10:12 AM.

ttrace35

Ok agreeeed. I love the sport but any event everymonth is not giving us the best fighters. We will see.

Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

You want to see polished fighters yet you praise Scott Smith. Are you trolling or just part-retarded. Leben making pennies . He maked $86K in pay plus a $75K bonus in his last fight. Theres like 5 guys max in all of Strikeforce that makes that much money.

Your arguments make no sense and have no validity. Diego didnt finish a fight for 3 years? He finished Florian in the finale, then Gassaway in his next UFC fight. He's been babied? He fought Nick Diaz, John Alessio, Karo Paryisan, Riggs, Fitch and Koscheck in a row (all in less than 2 years I may add). What are you even talking about?

Yeah UFC, dont put on a lot of shows. Don't develop the sport. Dont develop fighters. Only put on a couple shows and have like 50 guys on ur roster. Don't expand internationally. Don't introduce the sport to more markets and more ppl around the world to open it up for all of these other "great" promotions. Don't have up-and-comers fight on a card allowing them to get exposure to the fans and earn more money through sponsers. Have no fighters climb ladders and don't develop challengers. Just put on a couple supercards with the same guys on it. Have guys only fight 2 times a year so that no one remembers their last fight. Recycle the same fights because you have not developed any challengers or new names within the company. I saw a couple organizations take your approach and they were dead and buried a while ago. I'm not sure why I wasted my time responding, but I just found it so hard to read the down-syndrome agruments you were feeding and not say anything. I've said my piece. Continue on with your incoherent rambling.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

I think it's a good card.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Eccocide View Post
    You want to see polished fighters yet you praise Scott Smith. Are you trolling or just part-retarded. Leben making pennies . He maked $86K in pay plus a $75K bonus in his last fight. Theres like 5 guys max in all of Strikeforce that makes that much money.

Your arguments make no sense and have no validity. Diego didnt finish a fight for 3 years? He finished Florian in the finale, then Gassaway in his next UFC fight. He's been babied? He fought Nick Diaz, John Alessio, Karo Paryisan, Riggs, Fitch and Koscheck in a row (all in less than 2 years I may add). What are you even talking about?

Yeah UFC, dont put on a lot of shows. Don't develop the sport. Dont develop fighters. Only put on a couple shows and have like 50 guys on ur roster. Don't expand internationally. Don't introduce the sport to more markets and more ppl around the world to open it up for all of these other "great" promotions. Don't have up-and-comers fight on a card allowing them to get exposure to the fans and earn more money through sponsers. Have no fighters climb ladders and don't develop challengers. Just put on a couple supercards with the same guys on it. Have guys only fight 2 times a year so that no one remembers their last fight. Recycle the same fights because you have not developed any challengers or new names within the company. I saw a couple organizations take your approach and they were dead and buried a while ago. I'm not sure why I wasted my time responding, but I just found it so hard to read the down-syndrome agruments you were feeding and not say anything. I've said my piece. Continue on with your incoherent rambling.
    MY incohenrent rambling? You asshole. Took you half hour to write this.

1234 ... Last