westerner
    westerner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock is gonna stay outside and if Carwin over extends go for a clinch, don't expect a legit shoot in until late or if Carwin is tiring by the end of a round. Brock can control the fight with his reach and speed which is a terrible combination of things to deal with for Shane. Also, people aren't factoring in Brock's strong muay thai, whether its to do with his punch/leg kick combinations or his quick and well timed powerful knees that he really digs into the body with.

westerner

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    This is a straight up 50/50 match. When lesnar closes the distance, Carwin will have the chance to KO him, particularly if he can land a few uppercuts while Lesnar is trying to hold him. If lesnar gets the take down I think he controls Carwin and beats the crap out of him. Both are just as likely IMO. Small play on Carwin for value i think.
    Lesnar doesn't need to risk much to get in striking range, and he can probably use a considerable reach advantage to potshot Carwin and suck him into bad exchanges and timings. If Brock fights smart he should keep Carwin from having any comfort and engage only when and where Brock wants him to. Its not often that a fighter enjoys a reach and speed advantage but he even has an advantage in technique on the inside whether its grappling or striking in the clinch, and he also has better wrestling.

westerner

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    exactly how I put it a few days ago, Brock at -140 is excellent value imo not sure what you mean by sharper mentally though?
    What I mean by mental sharpness is his ability to think and adapt on the fly, react to what the opponent is doing, and also his reflexes are superior. Overall I'd say that makes him mentally sharper, and part of that is because he is a very focused and intense person-- I'm sure he does some training to get himself really mentally prepared so he's as much in the zone as he can be. The attitude he has before a fight is all business, like many top level athletes he does things to focus his mind in more and more on exactly what he needs to do... it could be from the quality of coaching he's had in both his wrestling and now MMA career.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are giving attributes to Lesnar that he does not deserve. I think the wrestling angle is being over stated. Look at Carwin's record he is no slouch. I do believe that this fight is right around 50/50 but hype and hype alone is moving the line. Lesnar has shown himself to be more than capable, but there are still huge inconsistencies in his game. Carwin seems more refined, in his movement and striking. I do not think that this thing goes to the ground. I think that Carwin's game plan will be to sprawl and brawl, punish the shot and pepper from outside.

I think that Lesnar's only chance comes in a ground and pound, that Carwin has been training for.

Carwin is about Lesnar's size, this will be the first time that he sees a real heavyweight, the old saying "pick on someone your own size comes to mind".

Either way it is going to be a great fight, I am looking forward to it, and I am only putting $100 bucks on Carwin.

westerner

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post
    You guys are giving attributes to Lesnar that he does not deserve. I think the wrestling angle is being over stated. Look at Carwin's record he is no slouch. I do believe that this fight is right around 50/50 but hype and hype alone is moving the line. Lesnar has shown himself to be more than capable, but there are still huge inconsistencies in his game. Carwin seems more refined, in his movement and striking. I do not think that this thing goes to the ground. I think that Carwin's game plan will be to sprawl and brawl, punish the shot and pepper from outside. I think that Lesnar's only chance comes in a ground and pound, that Carwin has been training for. Carwin is about Lesnar's size, this will be the first time that he sees a real heavyweight, the old saying "pick on someone your own size comes to mind". Either way it is going to be a great fight, I am looking forward to it, and I am only putting $100 bucks on Carwin.
    I won't rate Brock's punching that high but the man possesses a serious right straight and very underrated, powerful muay thai techniques-- especially elbows, knees and low kicks. I think his strategy will to land long jabs and use feints to set up his long right, cover a lot and throw leg kicks when Carwin steps and loads up. If he comes in faster to get inside the kick and counter it Brock can tie up and do knee/elbow combos or shoot, or get a trip takedown. His length and speed gives him a big advantage in making Carwin jump in and over commit, and Carwin's been knocked down with a single punch before when he ran like that on GG.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carwin by TKO!

awao6rayat
    awao6rayat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brock is going to win this easily TKO carwin

kidkonggolf
    Update your status
    kidkonggolf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2559

Lesnar keeps his title tonite !

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Anybody got a link to a live bootleg video stream?

First 1234