1. #1
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Pacquiao vs Thurman - July 20th

    Pacquiao opened at +120, now he is -140.

    Lookin at Pacquiao by decision for +150.

    who you guys got?


  2. #2
    magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-18
    Posts: 712
    Betpoints: 2639

    Cannot decide on anything in this one... which guy (leaning Pac), go distance, etc.... lotta uncertainty here.

  3. #3
    Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-12-09
    Posts: 7,386
    Points Awarded:

    KingHawkins gave Swinging Johnson 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Jeff_Black gave Swinging Johnson 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Pinoy-T-X gave Swinging Johnson 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  4. #4
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 27,793
    Betpoints: 2639

    honestly never been impressed with thurman but Ive only seen like 3 matches tops over the last 5 yrs or so pacquiao is old though and will have to watch some of his last couple fights to see if I think he can pull it off and take a closer look at thurman's defense

  5. #5
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post

    Thanks for your sharing your input, however, I just can’t phantom a KO on either fighter.

  6. #6
    Pr0ph3t
    Pr0ph3t's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 249
    Betpoints: 542

    I can’t find PacMan decision. I have a couple parlays with LastLeg o11.5 rounds, and these beauties
    $100 to win $500:
    https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/32...VqUT09/r/1530/
    $40 to win $230:
    https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/32...VIQT09/r/1530/

  7. #7
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 29,380
    Betpoints: 106

    Iím actually looking forward to this fight.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #8
    Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-12-09
    Posts: 7,386

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Thanks for your sharing your input, however, I just can’t phantom a KO on either fighter.
    And thank you for reading Pinny. Yes, I understand it's an unpopular prediction but when those fast twitch muscles go, they go fast and Thurman can thump so I believe it would be worth a wager on Thurman and a prop bet on a Thurman KO.

  9. #9
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 29,380
    Betpoints: 106

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    And thank you for reading Pinny. Yes, I understand it's an unpopular prediction but when those fast twitch muscles go, they go fast and Thurman can thump so I believe it would be worth a wager on Thurman and a prop bet on a Thurman KO.
    I actually see TKO either way.

    Good read
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swinging Johnson

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #10

  11. #11
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    And thank you for reading Pinny..
    @Swinging Johnson, you really don’t believe Jeff Horn beat Pacquiao, do you?

  12. #12
    Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-12-09
    Posts: 7,386

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    @Swinging Johnson, you really don’t believe Jeff Horn beat Pacquiao, do you?
    No, Horn was the aggressor throughout the first half of the fight but Pac landed double the punches when all was said and done. I was merely pointing out that the taller Horn presented Pacquiao with an issue he will face against Thurman, who is also 5'9".

  13. #13
    magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-18
    Posts: 712
    Betpoints: 2639

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ph3t View Post
    I can’t find PacMan decision. I have a couple parlays with LastLeg o11.5 rounds, and these beauties
    $100 to win $500:
    https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/32...VqUT09/r/1530/
    $40 to win $230:
    https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/32...VIQT09/r/1530/





    Right now in NJ, DK has Pac by decision at +150 and Thurman by decision at +188.
    Pac by KO/TKO/DQ at +400, Thurman at +550
    Tie +1600

    To go the distance: Yes -278 No +200

    Total rounds: Over 10.5 -400 Under 10.5 +275


    Looking quickly, it appears Parx (PA) has the same exact odds.

  14. #14
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,027
    Betpoints: 5426

    Has potential to be a great fight. If Thurman has shaken off rust this is his fight to win. Manny hasn’t been in the ring with a real live fighter in years. Horn, Broner and Matthyse were all layup fights. If you like Thurman to win, the number should get better closer to fight with all the Filipino weekend money coming in.

    Looking forward to seeing this ringside Sat. Lopez on espn Friday night will be entertaining as well.

  15. #15
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    No, Horn was the aggressor throughout the first half of the fight but Pac landed double the punches when all was said and done. I was merely pointing out that the taller Horn presented Pacquiao with an issue he will face against Thurman, who is also 5'9".
    Antonio Margarito is 5’11 and Pacquiao beat the living Jesus out of him, But yeah that was ages ago. My point being - he has a lot of experience fighting guys bigger than him.

  16. #16
    Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-12-09
    Posts: 7,386

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Antonio Margarito is 5’11 and Pacquiao beat the living Jesus out of him, But yeah that was ages ago. My point being - he has a lot of experience fighting guys bigger than him.
    Right, and you took the words right out of my mouth...ages ago.

  17. #17
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Right, and you took the words right out of my mouth...ages ago.
    I agree. However, I just don’t think Thurman has fought a guy with Manny’s experience. Manny has fought the best of the best on eight different divisions. We shall see come Saturday what happens.

  18. #18
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,027
    Betpoints: 5426

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    I agree. However, I just don’t think Thurman has fought a guy with Manny’s experience. Manny has fought the best of the best on eight different divisions. We shall see come Saturday what happens.
    Not sure experience matters when facing Manny. Pac’s greatness during his prime was even more impressive because he is one of the dumbest boxers in the ring once the bell sounds. His speed overcame it.

    What I worry about is Manny winning and then getting seriously hurt by Spence in late 2019 or early 2020. I want him to retire relatively healthy.

  19. #19
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    What I worry about is Manny winning and then getting seriously hurt by Spence in late 2019 or early 2020. I want him to retire relatively healthy.
    I don’t think he is eyeing Spence, I think he is hoping to fight to fight Gayweather. Just my 2 cents.

  20. #20
    Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-20-11
    Posts: 3,447
    Betpoints: 13420

    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Has potential to be a great fight. If Thurman has shaken off rust this is his fight to win. Manny hasn’t been in the ring with a real live fighter in years. Horn, Broner and Matthyse were all layup fights. If you like Thurman to win, the number should get better closer to fight with all the Filipino weekend money coming in.

    Looking forward to seeing this ringside Sat. Lopez on espn Friday night will be entertaining as well.
    The line flipped to pacman fave after the Fox Sports fight preview shows pacman in the gym 23/7 and thurman at the beach, swimming and everything else besides practicing.

  21. #21
    Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-01-13
    Posts: 2,397
    Betpoints: 925

    Nashville's Caleb Plant fights before the main event. This kid is good. Getting it just to watch him!!!

  22. #22
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Nashville's Caleb Plant fights before the main event. This kid is good. Getting it just to watch him!!!
    I think he is fighting a can, his odds at BOL is -2000

  23. #23
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,027
    Betpoints: 5426

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Nashville's Caleb Plant fights before the main event. This kid is good. Getting it just to watch him!!!
    That’s my boy. Good dude.

  24. #24
    Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-15
    Posts: 3,317
    Betpoints: 3113

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    And thank you for reading Pinny. Yes, I understand it's an unpopular prediction but when those fast twitch muscles go, they go fast and Thurman can thump so I believe it would be worth a wager on Thurman and a prop bet on a Thurman KO.
    Thanks for the write up.

    I am probably going to watch this somewhere, So wouldn't mind having a wager or two with reasonable odds. I have liked the idea of Thurman too but I am a bit indecisive and might wait till later as I imagine more money will continue to come in for Pacquiao. The thought of getting "Under 10.5 Rounds" sounds enticing at +270 or so if you think it won't go the distance or be a points decision.

    My main worry with Thurman is he will come out strong then slow down, and wear out as the fight goes on, while Pac just hangs in there waiting for a blow. Should be a good one.

  25. #25
    Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 2,328
    Betpoints: 950

    Pac is now -160 Damn. Opened at +120

  26. #26
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 12,015
    Betpoints: 2960

    Live Bet:
    Thurman (+600) 0.5u after R4

    Have 2.3u on Pac (+100) and 1u on Pac UD (+225) so basically freerolling now

  27. #27
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,624
    Betpoints: 26

    Old man Pac looks quick and not fading yet..
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  28. #28
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 27,793
    Betpoints: 2639

    forgot about this tuning in showed highlights of earlier rounds pac was getting lit up guess that wasnt the case by the earlier posts watched a min. of round 8 pac hasnt even thrown a punch looks flabby and old

  29. #29
    Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-14-16
    Posts: 12,015
    Betpoints: 2960

    Live Hedge:
    Thurman (+400) 0.5u after R9

  30. #30
    Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-13
    Posts: 7,993
    Betpoints: 9928

    Don't know if Thurman got hurt from a headbutt in round 10.

    It might've been a bodyshot. That left to the body Pac landed.


    edit: boom called it

  31. #31
    JIBBBY
    Have a nice day :)
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 58,624
    Betpoints: 26

    Old man Pac gonna win this.. Impressive victory if this holds up. 40 is the new 22 I guess.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  32. #32
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 27,793
    Betpoints: 2639

    so according to u guys a 40 yr old pac beat this guy who I never saw as special. have no idea only watched a couple minutes we will see ahh now seeing full replays seems pac got a knockdown?

  33. #33
    boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-11
    Posts: 1,018
    Betpoints: 13097

    knockdown in R1

  34. #34
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,810
    Betpoints: 942

    I guess I don't understand boxing. thurman delivered more punches. I thought he landed some pretty good punches. just had a bloody nose but still fought well i thought. espn saying manny destroyed him? i thought it was close

  35. #35
    jacharron17
    jacharron17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-22-19
    Posts: 242
    Betpoints: 458

    114-113 Thurman? What was that judge on?

12 Last
Top