Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I've been really impressed with Pico's striking. I'm surprised it's this powerful/dynamic since his best skillset growing up was wrestling.
    He competed & excelled in both boxing and pankration.

Overachiever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_...and_Pankration

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I've been really impressed with Pico's striking. I'm surprised it's this powerful/dynamic since his best skillset growing up was wrestling.
    i remember watching a boxing training video of him before his first fight and was shocked how crisp he looked... also Dillashaw was saying hes basically his best sparring partner/ more competitve then him says a lot, i hope they dont bring him up too fast but in 2 years he should be a champion , hope they get him in the UFC one day

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    im a huge Whitaker fan but i believe Gegard is the best 185 pounder in the world and i thought that before this fight. Rory was nothing but a punching bag for him. How the UFC let him go is beyond me. A Gegard /Yoel fight would be awesome
    all about styles tbh 185 is stacked , some of the bigger 185ers like Yoel i think Mousasi would have a bigger problem with.. sucks we wont get to see those fights because it would be amazing for sure

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    all about styles tbh 185 is stacked , some of the bigger 185ers like Yoel i think Mousasi would have a bigger problem with.. sucks we wont get to see those fights because it would be amazing for sure
    I think Gegard is the most underrated boxer in the sport. Like you said about styles that is why i think Yoel would be the tougher fight but who knows. He has just gotten better and better. Rory seems to have maxed out on his skills. Still a very good fighter but it is like he is stuck in mud now. Just can't get that head away from that jab. Kinda like Cerrone. That ground and pound was some serious shit. Couldn't imagine getting hit with one of those elbows

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    They all take roids trying to get the edge between fights and I hate it.. Little do they know great diet and legal supplements will get you there... Mind power is everything.. JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!!

Fighting is mostly mental if it lasts and if you don't get knocked out and dominated early on.. Mind power is real... Gotta believe in your abilities and self to get the job done, once you doubt yourself you are toast.. Cardio is king though.. A gassed out man is a beaten man in this sport.. Fear can be over come cardio can't.. You can get hit hard by a sledge hammer and most biiitch out, stay with it and break their will over time and you will win. Hense endure the early onslaught then come on...

That's my take on combat sports.. Been there done that back in the day.. It's mostly mental. Fear and doubt plays a HUGE part in combat sports after you get hit hard. Gotta go for it and NEVER give in with this sport IMO...

I've been hit so hard and just backed down twice in my life and I hate myself for doing that. I was still fine just biiitched out.. My biggest regrets in life maybe to date.. I hated myself for doing that!!!
    looks like u never took steroids JIbby cause ifu don't think there is an edge from that shit i have to get some of that shit u are smoking.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    looks like u never took steroids JIbby cause ifu don't think there is an edge from that shit i have to get some of that shit u are smoking.
    very obvious steroids give an edge or athletes wouldnt take them lol, they already do diet and supplements they just add steroids for another extra bonus. Steroids help your chin, healing faster for training , reaction speed, and giving you an overall killer mentality .. athletes arent doing bodybuilder steroids like deca and shit its completely different

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Thrilla hope you won big on this event.. Not hating.. You've been posting for years now and you do bring it.. SBR would miss you if you left... Sorry for busting your balls pal.. I mean that too..

Thx...but

I ain't sorry for busting your Trump tard ass.

What a disappointment it was the day when I found out you were supporting a man of who holocaust survivors say that he reminds them of Adolf Hitler.

sheeesh...

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Thx...but

I ain't sorry for busting your Trump tard ass.

What a disappointment it was the day when I found out you were supporting a man of who holocaust survivors say that he reminds them of Adolf Hitler.

sheeesh...
    Way better than the criminal Hillary or the terrorist Obama. I don't think trump is killing any Jewish people. So not sure how he's Hitler. Did he say its illegal to be Jewish?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

#fakenews

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

firekillex

according to Joe Rogans Podcast JRE Joes friend was in the sauna with Gegard and supposedly he has a huge cack
    this must mean it leans to his lead leg which in theory gives his jab more power, which in turn gave more damage per strike that hurt Rory , also making his hip weight lean heavy his ground strikes became more powerful thus he finished by TKO

call me Fire Check
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

HurlSweatPants gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    according to Joe Rogans Podcast JRE Joes friend was in the sauna with Gegard and supposedly he has a huge cack
    this must mean it leans to his lead leg which in theory gives his jab more power, which in turn gave more damage per strike that hurt Rory , also making his hip weight lean heavy his ground strikes became more powerful thus he finished by TKO

call me Fire Check

Gaygard for that Mousasi.

Joe Rogan Experience #1177

JRE MMA Show #43

Points Awarded:

firekillex gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Bellator MMA welterweight champion Rory MacDonald joins Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on the phone to look back at “the worst performance” of his career, a one-sided loss vs. Gegard Mousasi for the Bellator MMA middleweight title. MacDonald revealed he lacked motivation for the bout and was distracted. Rory then looks ahead to participating in the Welterweight World Grand Prix, with a first-round matchup looming vs. Jon Fitch.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Mousasi was twice his size......he could focus , train hard and he would still lose IMO
    Bellator MMA welterweight champion Rory MacDonald joins Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on the phone to look back at “the worst performance” of his career, a one-sided loss vs. Gegard Mousasi for the Bellator MMA middleweight title. MacDonald revealed he lacked motivation for the bout and was distracted. Rory then looks ahead to participating in the Welterweight World Grand Prix, with a first-round matchup looming vs. Jon Fitch.

First ... 2345