PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He ate those kick bc it WAS a 3 rounder....they were not going to add up in time to do damage...oh its red and hurt lmao...get outta here..He didn't do any damage to masvidal...clear case of point kicking and punching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    I know I was on Iaquinta but, yes it was obvious Masvidal clearly won round one without a doubt. Was it enough to warrant a 10-8? No.

Onto the second round, it was the closest of the three and it could've gone either way, making a case for both fighters. The was the most difficult round to judge.

Then the third, Masvidal seemed very content to coast and play it safe from second and evidently in the third round. He felt the damage he inflicted in the first was enough to get ahead but he only scored 10-9 in the first. Iaquinta was hurt but he was not in danger of being finished.

If anything, Masvidal was lucky this wasn't a 5 rounder because either his leg was going to give out or Big Al was going to take him out.

Wasn't a robbery at all, a split was the correct call.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Just watched it again...29-28...round 2 has to go MAS

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    , a split was the correct call.
    I get dumbfounded anytime I see someone write this.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I get dumbfounded anytime I see someone write this.
    Indeed

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Like I said, a split because the second round was a toss-up, could've gone either way. Are you dumbfounded again? Hello?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

What no fails to mention in this discussion is that the 1st round probably should have been scored a 10-8 round as Al was rocked and out on his feet and just survived. Completely busted up and bleeding... I watched the fight again and Masdival dominated that 1st round completely and probably should have finished him. Ref was so close to stopping it too...

It was a robbery for sure or at worst scored a draw IMO if you must give Al that second round based only on octagon control and aggression and not on striking accuracy when scoring.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-05-15 at 05:22 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro
    Hollafront's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What no fails to mention in this discussion is that the 1st round probably should have been scored a 10-8 round as Al was rocked and out on his feet and just survived.. I watched the fight again and Masdival dominated that 1st round completely and probably should have finished him. Ref was so close to stopping it too...

It was a robbery for sure or at worst scored a draw IMO if you want to give Al that second round based only on octagon control and aggression and not striking accuracy.....
    This moron

First ... 4567