Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Haha, I just imagine Gabe knocking on some hotel room door to smoke down and Alexander Emelianenko opens up. . .

Gabe seriously, don't share needles with that dude, he's got the hep.
    hahaha

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

This is probably a good bet to bet 75% of bankroll on.
    Too many reasons why Henderson won on the previous fight.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    This is probably a good bet to bet 75% of bankroll on.
    Too many reasons why Henderson won on the previous fight.
    I am throwing down $1000.00 at -175. That is about a third of my bankroll. Couldn't bring myself to bet the amount that I wanted to initially.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

The thread should be changed to are the judges worth the risk. I think Bendo will get the better of Frankie but the fight will go the distance and with the judges that can be scary.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    The thread should be changed to are the judges worth the risk. I think Bendo will get the better of Frankie but the fight will go the distance and with the judges that can be scary.

Very, Very true.. I am hoping Bendo win more convincingly this time around. The judges have been atrocious as of late, so they could screw me. A first round KO by Ben would be nice.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    This is a good point. Especially considering the event is in colorado, so it is a smaller, presumably less experienced athletic commission. That said, I believe bendo is from colorado so you would think he gets any edge from bad judging.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I was thinking of going large on Bendo as well. This fight is about 90% going to go to a decision. I can't see Frankie stopping Benson. Benson has a rock solid chin and you basically cannot submit the guy. Frankie has been in 3 straight wars, acquiring heavy damage and probably slight if not full concussions in all 3 fights. There is a time where every fighter who has been in these wars loses their ability to recover. Frankie won't tap, so Benson has to put him to sleep if he wants to finish. Benson could win this by KO/TKO or sub by guillotine.

As others have mentioned, concern with the judges and how they may score a 5 round decision fight. I believe Bendo has total advantage here if he shores up his TDD. I recall Frankie managed to take down Benson with relative ease 5 times. Frankie's wrestling pedigree trumps Benson's. Benson needs to avoid getting taken down as much in this fight. As far as the judging, benson's style seems more judge friendly. He is constantly moving forward, working his opponent up against the cage, throwing hard shots that cause damage when they land. Frankie's style is smart and technical. He comes in and out quickly with great footwork and lands combinations. This scores points, but doesn't inflict a lot of damage. Without watching the fight, if you saw pictures of Frankie and Benson after the fight, there would be no doubt that Benson put a beating on Frankie. Lately, I've noticed judges leaning more towards damage and octagon control over take downs. Either way, Frankie will need to implement a perfect gameplan and avoid the big shots and out point Benson. Benson has looked better and better in every fight since losing to Pettis (razor thin decision IMO. I think he will be looking out for Frankie's shot and I like him up to -190.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by El Niño View Post
    I was thinking of going large on Bendo as well. This fight is about 90% going to go to a decision. I can't see Frankie stopping Benson. Benson has a rock solid chin and you basically cannot submit the guy. Frankie has been in 3 straight wars, acquiring heavy damage and probably slight if not full concussions in all 3 fights. There is a time where every fighter who has been in these wars loses their ability to recover. Frankie won't tap, so Benson has to put him to sleep if he wants to finish. Benson could win this by KO/TKO or sub by guillotine.

As others have mentioned, concern with the judges and how they may score a 5 round decision fight. I believe Bendo has total advantage here if he shores up his TDD. I recall Frankie managed to take down Benson with relative ease 5 times. Frankie's wrestling pedigree trumps Benson's. Benson needs to avoid getting taken down as much in this fight. As far as the judging, benson's style seems more judge friendly. He is constantly moving forward, working his opponent up against the cage, throwing hard shots that cause damage when they land. Frankie's style is smart and technical. He comes in and out quickly with great footwork and lands combinations. This scores points, but doesn't inflict a lot of damage. Without watching the fight, if you saw pictures of Frankie and Benson after the fight, there would be no doubt that Benson put a beating on Frankie. Lately, I've noticed judges leaning more towards damage and octagon control over take downs. Either way, Frankie will need to implement a perfect gameplan and avoid the big shots and out point Benson. Benson has looked better and better in every fight since losing to Pettis (razor thin decision IMO. I think he will be looking out for Frankie's shot and I like him up to -190.
    I agree with everything you said except this.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    I agree with everything you said except this.
    Frankie was an NCAA Division 1 All-American Wrestler at Clarion. He's an Assistant wrestling coach at Rutgers.

Benson was an NAIA All-American Wrestler at Dana College.

NAIA is smaller than NCAA, might even be below JUCO. The colleges are small education based and happen to have athletics. The step between D-1 level wrestlers and D-2 is huge. If Benson was a better wrestler, he would have attended the University of Nebraska on scholarship, not Dana College. Frankie's pedigree and credentials trump Benson's. That really cannot be argued.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Frankie was an NCAA Division 1 All-American Wrestler at Clarion. He's an Assistant wrestling coach at Rutgers.

NAIA is smaller than NCAA, might even be below JUCO. The colleges are small education based and happen to have athletics. The step between D-1 level wrestlers and D-2 is huge. If Benson was a better wrestler, he would have attended the University of Nebraska on scholarship, not Dana College. Frankie's pedigree and credentials trump Benson's. That really cannot be argued.
    His credentials may well be better, probably not wrong about that...but Benson's size advantage and athleticism are a big equaliser

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    His credentials may well be better, probably not wrong about that...but Benson's size advantage and athleticism are a big equaliser
    Agreed, Benson is a monster at 155. If he gets taken down, he usually has the strength and athleticism to get back to the feet or create a scramble. Just saying that in pure wrestling and MMA wrestling, I believe Frankie has the advantage.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Ok, i stand corrected. What I meant to say was I think Bendo's wrestling has transfered better to MMA than Frankie's. In other words, Bendo has better MMA wrestling than Frankie imo. However, Frankies' wrestling "Pedigree" is better, far and away. Peace.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Cool. I'm still with you and on Bendo here. A lot of people give Dana White shit, but he has an eye for talent and when a fighter is starting to deteriorate. He called it on Ken-Flo, Chuck, and Wandy. I took it as a big red flag when he kept pushing Frankie to go down to 145.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Cool. I'm still with you and on Bendo here. A lot of people give Dana White shit, but he has an eye for talent and when a fighter is starting to deteriorate. He called it on Ken-Flo, Chuck, and Wandy. I took it as a big red flag when he kept pushing Frankie to go down to 145.
    KenFlo didn't deteriorate, though. I mean, in my eyes- he beat Jose Aldo. He retired 'cos of his bad back, not 'cos he was losing his step. Quite the contrary, actually, he was constantly improving.

It's easy to call it on Chuck and Wandy because they were/are old and kept/keep getting KO'd. Not the same situation as Frankie.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Ken flo beat aldo????

Im a Kenny nut hugger but there is no way you give him three rounds

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Florian didn't beat Aldo. He dropped down from light weight because he couldn't hang at contender status anymore. Then he was practically gifted a shot at the featherweight belt. Florian's skills were deteriorating, whether health related or not. Both he and Dana knew he wasn't going to be winning titles. With Chuck, Dana pushed retirement before his last 2 or maybe even 3 fights. There were fights to be sold and money to be made, but Dana knew Chuck couldn't hang with the big guns in 205 anymore.

In Frankie's case, there comes a point where athleticism and size trump technique. I think we are starting to see this. Maynard took him to the limit twice. Bendo beat him up good. Frankie can't keep getting in these 5 round wars with guys that outweigh him 20-30 lbs. on fight night. Part of the evolution of the modern MMA fighter is training, nutrition, and weight cutting. The guys climbing the ladder are Pushing the limits in every aspect.

Who knows, I didn't think Frankie could win the 3rd fight with Gray and I certainly didn't think that he would finish him. I suspect we see Frankie take a lot of damage against Benson and would not be surprised to see him get TKO'd. A fighter can only take so much damage.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am throwing down $1000.00 at -175. That is about a third of my bankroll. Couldn't bring myself to bet the amount that I wanted to initially.
    No you're not... don't gotta lie to kick it lil dog...

MMAbetMASTA

Yes i agree that Edgar could win, def not impossible by any means. However for the odds offered on Bendo -175, combined with, all the research I have done; watching old fights from both Bendo and Edgar, getting other opinions, reading stats, I really believe this is play worth a larger than normal wager from DirtyX. GL to you as well.
    Hells yea... yea if we win its on... Hitting up the spearmint rhino for sure and getting some dances and hopefully more from some top shelf snatch... HIGH FIVE!!!

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    The only way i can see Edgar winning this fight is by decision, and its not anything impossible, the first fight was very close and that kick in the second round (i am not sure now) changed the fight. I was very high in the Cigano vs Mir fight (about 75% of my bankroll), but i had more sure in his victory by tko/ko that my mother is not a man. I will hit Bendo too, but not so big like you guys, anyway, very good lucky!
    Yea I hear you and agree..

I still haven't laid down on bendo yet.. At first I thoguht the odds were gonna go up to -200 range, but now I'm thinking frank will get some action leading up to the fight night.. And not as confident as I initially was. My dad is coming out to visit and was gonna have him roll with us to vegas and ask him for a 'small' 5k loan to play on bendo and split the winnings lol.. Now I'm having second thoughts on a super large play - been researching the fight and watchign tape again and that was a REALLY close match.. I scored it for bendo but am not surprised to see half the major / legit mma sites out there score it for Frank... I think Bendo is the ever improving fighter though and if anyone has made improvements to counter their opponents game I think its bendo...
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 08-02-12 at 08:30 PM.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Just re-watched the fight. Every round was so close it could go to either guy, but this time around I scored it a draw.

Main reason I went all-in on Bendo in the first fight was 'cos he's Asian and it was in Japan. ha- just felt it was the perfect place for him to become champ.
    yea just what I was saying, after re-watchign and researching it more, the first fight was way closer than I initially remembered... Hoping bendo's line gets lower...

MMAbetMASTA

Agree.. this is something I overlooked before I researched, didn't realize how many times (and how easily) frank took bendo down... but then again I think he never kept him down and bendo popped right back up..

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Agree.. this is something I overlooked before I researched, didn't realize how many times (and how easily) frank took bendo down... but then again I think he never kept him down and bendo popped right back up..
    Yeah, I need to go back and watch the fight again, but I don't recall Frankie having Bendo down for long. I don't believe Frankie can control Benson from the top. Henderson is too strong. Frankie will look to mix in takedowns and use them for the point value of trying to win rounds.

I always give the advantage in a fight like this to the fighter that is more likely to finish the fight. In this fight, I believe that it's Benson. He has improved in every one of his fights. Frankie's last fight showed he was there to point fight and win a decision, Benson wanted to put Frankie away.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah it almost seemed like Bendo was giving up the takedown, although it didnt look like he was looking for his trademark guillotine. He kept grabbing on to a kimura - think he did it at least 3 or 4 times so maybe he was just really confident that he'd be able to reverse Frankie no matter what

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    No you're not... don't gotta lie to kick it lil dog...

Dude you are such a hater. HAHA, I have $550.00 down on Coast, and i will be throwing $450.00 down in Vegas, which equates to one thousand dollars douche. Don't come on here and hate. And, are you gonna roll out to Vegas or what? Did you talk to Banzai? You should come out dude, it's my birthday homo. Don't puss out...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Dude you are such a hater. HAHA, I have $550.00 down on Coast, and i will be throwing $450.00 down in Vegas, which equates to one thousand dollars douche. Don't come on here and hate. And, are you gonna roll out to Vegas or what? Did you talk to Banzai? You should come out dude, it's my birthday homo. Don't puss out...
    haha what are your plans for the weekend?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha You boys can get together and do a SBR MMA Forum blog for us all!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

ha You boys can get together and do a SBR MMA Forum blog for us all!
    I won't be there... unless I go undefeated this weekend. Then I might consider a quick trip up, if any buddies would be up for it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I won't be there... unless I go undefeated this weekend. Then I might consider a quick trip up, if any buddies would be up for it.
    oh yeah, jus seen you said you were going Staples Center. Man I need to move out that way, cool as fuuck that you got all these debauched places within an hour or 2 away!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

oh yeah, jus seen you said you were going Staples Center. Man I need to move out that way, cool as fuuck that you got all these debauched places within an hour or 2 away!
    move out, we can be roommates. we'll pay rent with our profits. ha

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

move out, we can be roommates. we'll pay rent with our profits. ha
    I call 'last in line for the gangbang'

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

LOL.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Good idea, we'll use profits to hire Chandella to be gangbanged in the room during a fight night. New guy goes in every five minutes. After every guy, she comes out with a ring card that says which # guy is up next, walks up to him, and takes him to the room.

Damn I'm h1gh lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Good idea, we'll use profits to hire Chandella to be gangbanged in the room during a fight night. New guy goes in every five minutes. After every guy, she comes out with a ring card that says which # guy is up next, walks up to him, and takes him to the room.

Damn I'm h1gh lol
    haha I like the sound of tht, if u can guarantee that then I'll book my one-way flight to LAX tomorrow!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

haha I like the sound of tht, if u can guarantee that then I'll book my one-way flight to LAX tomorrow!
    It's a lock.

First 12345 Last