Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once again, your missing the point. He’s only been finished via strikes by Anderson Silva, Belfort, and Machida. I am fairly confident Silva finishes Nog easily in a fight, and Belfort + Machida certainly have a good chance of Ko/TKO Nog also. Being Ko/TKO by those 3 guys is not something to be ashamed about. Your analogy is equivalent of saying Couture has a weak chin b/c Liddell, Lesnar, and Machida TKO/KO’ed him....or Rampage has a weak chin b/c Wanderlei and Shogun KO’ed him and Hendo+Machida dropped him.
    I'm afraid you're missing the point. You're entirely overlooking the fact that Franklin was rocked and dropped by weak punches from Tanner and Loiseau. That speaks volumes about Franklin's ability to take a punch. The fact that Franklin wasn't finished by Tanner or Loiseau doesn't validate his chin at all. Fact is, he was still badly hurt by weak punches.

and getting KO’ed by Machida is nothing to be ashamed about.
    Watch the fight. The shots Machida finished him with were hardly brutal.

Thiago Silva and Suga dont have weak chins.
    Thiago Silva doesn't have a weak chin? Lol. He got dropped instantly by Antonio Mendes, and Machida was putting him down left, right and centre with punches that were scarcely power shots. Most of his other competition has stunk, or he hasn't engaged them on the feet.

Evans' chin isn't sturdy either.

I’m not arguing Franklin is the Korean Zombie here....but your making it seem like Franklin is comparable to Arlovski/past-his-prime Liddell.
    No, I'm not. I'm being objective and stating facts, whereas you're overlooking facts. The fact Franklin has only been finished by elite strikers does not mean he has a good chin. That is preposterous. As I've explained, he's been badly hurt with feeble punches from guys who are no longer UFC level. That is very significant when analysing how well he can take a punch.

but it is unlikely soomeone like Nog (barely finishes anyone by Ko/tko) will KO Franklin.
    How on earth is it unlikely? If he's getting dropped by the David Loiseaus of the world, then why are you so confident that his chin is going to hold up against someone who is a much better technical boxer, and punches significantly harder? That's just illogical.

You point to Tanner/Crow dropping Franklin, but dude Franklin ended up coming back and winning both fights.
    Once again, totally missing the point. This is largely a discussion of Franklin's chin. He was rocked and dropped by weak punches. That's the salient fact here. I have no idea why anyone would try to defend Franklin's chin so doggedly. Franklin is widely regarded as having a poor chin, and the facts speak for themselves.

The power advanrage likely goes to Franklin as he has finished a lot of guys, while Nog has just a few finishes by strikes.
    The amount of guys you've finished with strikes doesn't necessarily translate to how powerful a striker you are. Better off looking at the level of competition someone has finished, or - better yet - actually watching their fights and making a more accurate assessment.

Both guys can win, i just think its a 50 50 fight but u get +135 on Rich.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I just can't budge here in light of Franklin's inability to take a good punch.

Btw, i do like reading your posts....im not like some of the unreasonable trolls in this forum who post nonsense.
    Yeah, I can already tell that you're significantly smarter than the trolls who clog up this place.
    Last edited by Ladle; 07-07-11 at 08:27 PM.

HowitZer
    HowitZer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I just can't budge here in light of Franklin's inability to take a good punch.
    Franklin won the fights against Tanner and Loiseau. Bets are for who wins. So using your reasoning Franklin could very well get knocked down during this fight and still win. He's done it before against Tanner, Loiseau and Chuck(I think he went to a knee).

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

this is a do not bet fight .. but If you still wanted to bet on it .. I'd def go with Lil nog without even thinking twice about it ..

70/30 in favor of Lil nog

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

now that jesus has chimed in on the side of lil' nog, +135 on franklin is looking better and better.

j/k jesus, you're just all right with me... oh yeah!

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HowitZer View Post
    Franklin won the fights against Tanner and Loiseau. Bets are for who wins. So using your reasoning Franklin could very well get knocked down during this fight and still win. He's done it before against Tanner, Loiseau and Chuck(I think he went to a knee).
    You're also completely missing the point. I don't see what's so hard to understand here. The fact that Franklin went on to win those fights does not validate his ability (or lack there of) to take a punch.

Of course it's possible that he can get dropped, come back and win. It's also possible that he'll get tagged, won't recover, and will be finished (which was the case against Silva and Belfort). Lots of things are possible. What I'm saying is that the fact he was badly hurt by weak punches on numerous occasions does not bode well for him when facing a fighter like Rogerio. I have no idea why anyone would try to dispute that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    this is a do not bet fight .. but If you still wanted to bet on it .. I'd def go with Lil nog without even thinking twice about it ..

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post

So, by definition, you've cap'd Lil Nog at -230 here...

The books are giving you -160...

But it's a "do not bet" in your opinion???

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I don't need to post here. All I gotta say is I agree with Ladle. LoL

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I got Lil Nog in this one. Better striker. Probably a decision but I'm betting it straight.

First 12