Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19189

Speculative cryptocurrencies

Starting this thread to oppose the cluttering up of the main Bitcoin thread.

I am going to pick up some Pirate Chain (ARRR) tonight (waiting on a whitelist address to clear). It is currently #483 on coinmarketcap @ .44 cents.

It will be the first shizzcoin I have bought in quite a while. It is a privacy coin I first heard about it a few months ago but got a tip it may do some good things. More private than Monero, they say. From coinmarketcap:

On 29 August 2018, several developers from the Komodo community piloted an independent asset chain with the technology offered by Komodo Platform. Pirate Chain harnesses Delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) from Komodo, zero-knowledge proof (zk-SNARKs) transactions from ZCash, and the rule of enforced private-only transactions by Monero.

Whereas many other “privacy” coins have optional privacy features, Pirate (ARRR) claims to be a 100% private send cryptocurrency, as well as the first 'z transaction-only' chain. ZK-Snarks technology (zero-knowledge cryptography) is utilized to shield peer to peer transactions. The team claims that this has created the largest shielded private pool of funds of any privacy coin.

Pirate is protected from 51% attacks by utilizing Komodo’s dPoW, meaning its blocks are notarized onto both Komodo and Bitcoin blockchains. Attempts to mount a Sybil attack against Pirate would have to overcome the combined hashrates of Bitcoin, Komodo, and Pirate. This is an astronomical cost that would deter malicious actors. Pirate started with a fair launch - no ICO, premine, and 0 dev fees.

So, sounds to me it is not a pump & dump although one should always invest at your own risk. It can be bought at tradeogre.com (easy email signup and 2FA, no KYC). Wallets can be found here.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Well, that didn't take long. Pirate Chain has moved up to #265 on coinmarketcap with a value of $1.26. Up 334% on the week. I was able to get in at 52 cents. I am a little concerned with Tradeogre.com though, because I can't get the Pirate Chain off the exchange - ARRR withdraws have been under maintenance the last few days. Seems this has happened before....I will give it about a month or so or until I get nervous.... I can always cash into BTC and send that to one of my wallets.

Jeff Berwick (aka, "The Dollar Vigilante") has been promoting Pirate Chain on his Odysee/Bit Chute channels and was the source of my tip.

https://odysee.com/@DollarVigilante:b

Jeff is an entrepreneur, anarcho-capitalist and a "nutty conspiracy theory" guy. He got booted from Youtube for being himself, lol. He's also a big promoter of crypto and has a large following. He might be singularly be responsible for this current Pirate Chain pump (hopefully, it doesn't dump). He is "woke" in the good way, IMO, not the bad way.

----------------------------------------------

Some other alts having a good week:

#164 MCO (MCO) - $21.80 - up 480.88%
    #57 Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - $125.99 - up 199.82%
    #124 NKN (NKN) - $0.9944 - up 183.25%
    #80 Kucoin Token (KCS) - $16.68 - up 149.98%
    #126 Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) - $2.96 - up 133.15%
    #4 XRP (XRP) - $1.36 - up 126.86%
    Last edited by Arky; 04-11-21 at 03:16 AM.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Interesting stuff, Arky.

Admittedly, its mostly "Greek" to me. (Just a simple BTC guy)
    Might get educated soon.

OK if I ask what might be a stupid question? A hypothetical.

Do alt-coins have a tendency to collectively move in one direction?

Let's say (on a recent 2 week span) BTC down 3.56 %

Alt-Coin XXX up 6.55 %

Is this an unlikely scenario?

Have a great day, brother.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Interesting stuff, Arky.

Admittedly, its mostly "Greek" to me. (Just a simple BTC guy)
    Might get educated soon.

OK if I ask what might be a stupid question? A hypothetical.

Do alt-coins have a tendency to collectively move in one direction?

Let's say (on a recent 2 week span) BTC down 3.56 %

Alt-Coin XXX up 6.55 %

Is this an unlikely scenario?

Have a great day, brother.
    Well, if you go to Coinmarketcap.com and click on any crypto, you will be taken to a chart of its lifetime history. This has the coin's performance value to the USD. At the bottom of the chart is a Bitcoin button that you can click on to see how it does vs. Bitcoin's performance. Frequently, the two (Bitcoin and the coin) will mimic each other but not all the time. Sometimes a coin will outperform Bitcoin even though there's a huge difference in the prices. For example, XRP has been recently zooming up while Bitcoin hasn't been moving all that much. You can see that in the charts:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xrp/

Click on the Bitcoin checkbox at the bottom of the chart.

Hope that makes sense...
    Last edited by Arky; 04-11-21 at 10:17 AM.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Well, if you go to Coinmarketcap.com and click on any crypto, you will be taken to a chart of its lifetime history. This has the coin's performance value to the USD. At the bottom of the chart is a Bitcoin button that you can click on to see how it does vs. Bitcoin's performance. Frequently, the two (Bitcoin and the coin) will mimic each other but not all the time. Sometimes a coin will outperform Bitcoin even though there's a huge difference in the prices. For example, XRP has been recently zooming up while Bitcoin hasn't been moving all that much. You can see that in the charts:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xrp/

Click on the Bitcoin checkbox at the bottom of the chart.

Hope that makes sense...
    Makes definite sense.

Thanks for the link, as Crypto charting results and factors I'm sure are indicative if interpreted correctly.

Might get my feet wet in this market.

Thanks much for the info, Ark!

Interesting stuff.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post

Thanks much for the info, Ark!
    You're welcome.

-------------------------------------------

Update: Withdraws of Pirate Chain from Tradeogre.com are now working. My first attempt to send to my desktop Pirate wallet failed for some reason but I tried again and the second attempt went through just fine. It took about 15 minutes for the Desktop wallet to notify there was a incoming transaction and about 5 more minutes to clear. Withdraw fee was about a penny. The full node Pirate desktop wallet is one of those that takes about 2-3 hours to install because you are becoming one with the blockchain. After that, just takes a minute or two to start up....

(I know some keep mum on their transactions but it doesn't bother me to share what I find out. I figure we can all learn and compare by being a little transparent every now and then...)

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I'm a little late to party but will throw a couple k at this and forget about it for awhile. Good luck to us!

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I'm a little late to party but will throw a couple k at this and forget about it for awhile. Good luck to us!
    Yes sir, good luck!

--------------------------------------------------

Just a reminder - this is not Arky's Pirate Chain thread. The thread is open to all alt coins. Think you got the next big multiplier? Post it here!

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Im on VET, ADA(cardano), HBAR,

mostly tailing buddies that know more than me and see upside.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by beermankirk View Post
    Im on VET, ADA(cardano), HBAR,

mostly tailing buddies that know more than me and see upside.
    All three of those doing very well and hanging around their ATH's!

---------------------------------------------------------

If you're a Polkadot (DOT) holder and own a Ledger with the Ledger Live software you can earn up to 10-15% in passive income. Only downside I see is a 28 day unstake waiting period.

Staking Polkadot (DOT) part 1

Staking Polkadot (DOT) part 2

PharaohUB

I know you don't only want to talk about pirate chain in this thread, but holy cow I'm up 150% since I bought it. Its trading at 3.15 now. Nice call! Any thoughts on Algorand? My buddy told me to check it out.

PharaohUB

Also not really shizz coins but I am invested heavily in litecoin and bitcoin cash, and they've been kicking butt. I think they will keep outpacing bitcoin, and are fairly safe investment.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

I know you don't only want to talk about pirate chain in this thread, but holy cow I'm up 150% since I bought it. Its trading at 3.15 now. Nice call! Any thoughts on Algorand? My buddy told me to check it out.
    I got a little concerned there when it (Pirate) started dumping. It recovered and kept going up. Looking back, it was probably some early birds taking profit. The developers of Pirate are bowled over by their sudden popularity. They speak about it in this 48 minute podcast. They are trying to get on the bigger exchanges and into the Exodus wallet. They report record hits on their website and Pirate wallet downloads. That means real investors - not pump 'n dumpers. Pump 'n dumps usually go straight up, then straight down. But so far, so good. It's exciting to think of where it will be in 3, 5 or 10 years.... hold tight, ye mateys....

------------------------------------------

Everyone should have a privacy coin, IMO. Whether it is Monero, Pirate or whatever. There's some big money to be made as this bull run continues and it may be necessary to "disappear your profits" into a privacy coin to keep it away from prying eyes and to take it out and use as needed. Rafael LaVerde of the Crypto Vigilante Youtube channel talks about this in a recent video. According to him, if it is not a privacy coin, then it's a surveillance coin. And he's right. Most coins are trackable forever and ever. A privacy coin can break that up.

What's really needed is a private stablecoin......

------------------------------------------------

Top winners this week:

#8 Dogecoin (Doge), $0.2785, up 334.28%
    #36 Ethereum Classic (ETC), $40.72, up 102.29%
    #59 Siacoin (SC), $0.05068, up 82.01%
    #84 Horizen (ZEN), $122.90, up 71.14%
    #85 Nano, (NANO), $10.05, up 69.35%
    Last edited by Arky; 04-17-21 at 01:58 PM.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Good but somewhat lengthy article from ZeroHedge about the state of Gold, Bitcoin and the Bankers.

The Bankers Are Coming! The Bankers Are Coming... For Your Bitcoin

One of the oldest arguments against Bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies in general, is the Central Banker Attack. Anyone who’s spent more than fifteen minutes inside the crypto-world will have heard this one.

That’s the argument where the person tacitly admits bitcoin isn’t a scam or vaporware but then says, “Well, if it gets too big, they’ll just make it illegal.” What’s most baffling to me is that this argument is mostly made by those who swear by their gold holdings while simultaneously swearing at the central bankers for ruining the world.
    Further along, there's this gem:

The liquidations in bitcoin that began over the weekend continue today. The usual suspects will be out saying, “See! I told you so!” And I’m looking at my portfolio saying, “Told me what, that I’m only up 350% since the start of the year versus 400%?”

Cry me a frickin’ river.
    And then this mention of Pirate Chain:

But once Turkey made its announcement and the SEC rumor hit the markets what really saw a move was the ultimate privacy coin, Pirate Chain (ARRR). It doesn’t take a 200+ IQ to figure that one out. Pirate Chain has been quietly building momentum all year and exploded in a 10x move that made even Dogecoin (DOGE) look tame. Moreover, there seems to be no slowing it down, because this isn’t a trade, it’s a defensive move.

Since ARRR doesn’t really trade on any major exchanges liquidity is non-existent and holders of it have no intention of letting go just because the central banks are coming. If the SEC is worried about money laundering with a fully transparent blockchain like bitcoin or ethereum, what will they do when the world wakes up to the complete anonymization of capital coins like ARRR and XMR are capable of delivering?
    -----------------------------------------

Big surge in Pirate Chain today going from around $5 to $7.25. Now #83 on CoinGecko. I have no idea where it's going.... Is it too late to get in? Not too late, I think, but be prepared for some volatility for a while...

Roscoe_Word

Seeing a slight move on TRON and bought.

Hoping for a 2% move then sell.

Move over Warren Buffett.
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave Roscoe_Word 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PharaohUB

Picked up xmv the other day with some of my ARRR earnings for around 7 cents. Spin off of monero. Some call a scam. But it’s up to 25 cents. Going to hold and see where it goes. Small cap Anonymous crypto is doing well right now. It makes sense. More eyes on the big boys and if your intention is to be anonymous... Made quite a killing with these two coins albeit I haven’t cashed yet so really haven’t made anything .
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave PharaohUB 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Picked up xmv the other day with some of my ARRR earnings for around 7 cents. Spin off of monero. Some call a scam. But it’s up to 25 cents. Going to hold and see where it goes. Small cap Anonymous crypto is doing well right now. It makes sense. More eyes on the big boys and if your intention is to be anonymous... Made quite a killing with these two coins albeit I haven’t cashed yet so really haven’t made anything .
    You've probably heard of Wownero (WOW). Another privacy coin, a meme coin (Doge for Monero). It was another recommendation of Berwick and is taking off but still around $1. I don't know much more than that about it... I hate throwing money at every little fad but goodness, one can really make big money if they get in early on a solid, good fundamentals project..... All those ICO's of 2017/2018 that never went anywhere..... people buying in early and then the devs had no incentive because they got paid up front....

PharaohUB

I threw some at WOW thank you. ARRR at $13 and top 50 currency and XMV at 63 cents. This shit is unreal. The entire market is down except these ALT anon currencies.

PharaohUB

Arky my brother has 750k in crypto. We have a group chat going on Signal and we talk about shizzcoin and stocks. DM me number if you want in.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

I threw some at WOW thank you. ARRR at $13 and top 50 currency and XMV at 63 cents. This shit is unreal. The entire market is down except these ALT anon currencies.
    I picked up some WOW last night, too. It was a disaster. Sold some EOS to purchase it. It went EOS-->BTC-->WOW. EOS spiked down right after the transfer, then WOW spiked up right while I was purchasing it. Both of them corrected after my trade was over. Ugh, probably my worst trade ever. I picked some more up this morning at a cheaper price to make up for it and it put my DCA price in at about $1.50. WOW price very bouncy right now. I think I hodl a lot better than I trade....

OTOH, ARRR is now hanging around $16. If it keeps up, I may have to go house hunting in Mexico.....

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Yup missed out on Pirate Chain. This guy that doesn't shill cryptos was shilling this coin when it was $0.50 earlier this month. I was planning to get some but it jumped too much. Oh well but I do have some Dero...

Maybe it's privacy coin season with all the talks about taxes

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Yup missed out on Pirate Chain. This guy that doesn't shill cryptos was shilling this coin when it was $0.50 earlier this month. I was planning to get some but it jumped too much. Oh well but I do have some Dero...

Maybe it's privacy coin season with all the talks about taxes
    Need more businesses to start giving the finger to the government and the regulating agencies and start accepting privacy coins. Some of the lamer exchanges are so intimidated by these guys that they have delisted Monero and probably didn't have to.

Of course, governments will justify their actions because of "terrorists" and "illegal activities". They drag that old boogeyman out whenever it suits them. Everyone wants to get rid of the terrorists, right? Say goodbye to privacy and liberty and welcome to Big Brother. That's the direction it seems to be heading...

Privacy coins can't be taxed or traced - digital cash. Governments hate that.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Need more businesses to start giving the finger to the government and the regulating agencies and start accepting privacy coins. Some of the lamer exchanges are so intimidated by these guys that they have delisted Monero and probably didn't have to.

Of course, governments will justify their actions because of "terrorists" and "illegal activities". They drag that old boogeyman out whenever it suits them. Everyone wants to get rid of the terrorists, right? Say goodbye to privacy and liberty and welcome to Big Brother. That's the direction it seems to be heading...

Privacy coins can't be taxed or traced - digital cash. Governments hate that.
    The real terrorists are the International Banking Cartel and the Medical Mafia. They control the world. Of course they can't have Plebs not paying taxes.

43.4% tax? It's a joke. This tax only hurts the middle class since the rich will find a loophole to not pay anything

I think I'm gonna do some research on low cap privacy coins
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave Ghenghis Kahn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350