Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7512

Speculative cryptocurrencies

Starting this thread to oppose the cluttering up of the main Bitcoin thread.

I am going to pick up some Pirate Chain (ARRR) tonight (waiting on a whitelist address to clear). It is currently #483 on coinmarketcap @ .44 cents.

It will be the first shizzcoin I have bought in quite a while. It is a privacy coin I first heard about it a few months ago but got a tip it may do some good things. More private than Monero, they say. From coinmarketcap:

On 29 August 2018, several developers from the Komodo community piloted an independent asset chain with the technology offered by Komodo Platform. Pirate Chain harnesses Delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) from Komodo, zero-knowledge proof (zk-SNARKs) transactions from ZCash, and the rule of enforced private-only transactions by Monero.

Whereas many other “privacy” coins have optional privacy features, Pirate (ARRR) claims to be a 100% private send cryptocurrency, as well as the first 'z transaction-only' chain. ZK-Snarks technology (zero-knowledge cryptography) is utilized to shield peer to peer transactions. The team claims that this has created the largest shielded private pool of funds of any privacy coin.

Pirate is protected from 51% attacks by utilizing Komodo’s dPoW, meaning its blocks are notarized onto both Komodo and Bitcoin blockchains. Attempts to mount a Sybil attack against Pirate would have to overcome the combined hashrates of Bitcoin, Komodo, and Pirate. This is an astronomical cost that would deter malicious actors. Pirate started with a fair launch - no ICO, premine, and 0 dev fees.

So, sounds to me it is not a pump & dump although one should always invest at your own risk. It can be bought at tradeogre.com (easy email signup and 2FA, no KYC). Wallets can be found here.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/12/2021

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/01/2021

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Well, that didn't take long. Pirate Chain has moved up to #265 on coinmarketcap with a value of $1.26. Up 334% on the week. I was able to get in at 52 cents. I am a little concerned with Tradeogre.com though, because I can't get the Pirate Chain off the exchange - ARRR withdraws have been under maintenance the last few days. Seems this has happened before....I will give it about a month or so or until I get nervous.... I can always cash into BTC and send that to one of my wallets.

Jeff Berwick (aka, "The Dollar Vigilante") has been promoting Pirate Chain on his Odysee/Bit Chute channels and was the source of my tip.

https://odysee.com/@DollarVigilante:b

Jeff is an entrepreneur, anarcho-capitalist and a "nutty conspiracy theory" guy. He got booted from Youtube for being himself, lol. He's also a big promoter of crypto and has a large following. He might be singularly be responsible for this current Pirate Chain pump (hopefully, it doesn't dump). He is "woke" in the good way, IMO, not the bad way.

----------------------------------------------

Some other alts having a good week:

#164 MCO (MCO) - $21.80 - up 480.88%
    #57 Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - $125.99 - up 199.82%
    #124 NKN (NKN) - $0.9944 - up 183.25%
    #80 Kucoin Token (KCS) - $16.68 - up 149.98%
    #126 Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) - $2.96 - up 133.15%
    #4 XRP (XRP) - $1.36 - up 126.86%
    Last edited by Arky; 04-11-21 at 03:16 AM.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2309

Interesting stuff, Arky.

Admittedly, its mostly "Greek" to me. (Just a simple BTC guy)
    Might get educated soon.

OK if I ask what might be a stupid question? A hypothetical.

Do alt-coins have a tendency to collectively move in one direction?

Let's say (on a recent 2 week span) BTC down 3.56 %

Alt-Coin XXX up 6.55 %

Is this an unlikely scenario?

Have a great day, brother.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Interesting stuff, Arky.

Admittedly, its mostly "Greek" to me. (Just a simple BTC guy)
    Might get educated soon.

OK if I ask what might be a stupid question? A hypothetical.

Do alt-coins have a tendency to collectively move in one direction?

Let's say (on a recent 2 week span) BTC down 3.56 %

Alt-Coin XXX up 6.55 %

Is this an unlikely scenario?

Have a great day, brother.
    Well, if you go to Coinmarketcap.com and click on any crypto, you will be taken to a chart of its lifetime history. This has the coin's performance value to the USD. At the bottom of the chart is a Bitcoin button that you can click on to see how it does vs. Bitcoin's performance. Frequently, the two (Bitcoin and the coin) will mimic each other but not all the time. Sometimes a coin will outperform Bitcoin even though there's a huge difference in the prices. For example, XRP has been recently zooming up while Bitcoin hasn't been moving all that much. You can see that in the charts:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xrp/

Click on the Bitcoin checkbox at the bottom of the chart.

Hope that makes sense...
    Last edited by Arky; 04-11-21 at 10:17 AM.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2309

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Well, if you go to Coinmarketcap.com and click on any crypto, you will be taken to a chart of its lifetime history. This has the coin's performance value to the USD. At the bottom of the chart is a Bitcoin button that you can click on to see how it does vs. Bitcoin's performance. Frequently, the two (Bitcoin and the coin) will mimic each other but not all the time. Sometimes a coin will outperform Bitcoin even though there's a huge difference in the prices. For example, XRP has been recently zooming up while Bitcoin hasn't been moving all that much. You can see that in the charts:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xrp/

Click on the Bitcoin checkbox at the bottom of the chart.

Hope that makes sense...
    Makes definite sense.

Thanks for the link, as Crypto charting results and factors I'm sure are indicative if interpreted correctly.

Might get my feet wet in this market.

Thanks much for the info, Ark!

Interesting stuff.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post

Thanks much for the info, Ark!
    You're welcome.

-------------------------------------------

Update: Withdraws of Pirate Chain from Tradeogre.com are now working. My first attempt to send to my desktop Pirate wallet failed for some reason but I tried again and the second attempt went through just fine. It took about 15 minutes for the Desktop wallet to notify there was a incoming transaction and about 5 more minutes to clear. Withdraw fee was about a penny. The full node Pirate desktop wallet is one of those that takes about 2-3 hours to install because you are becoming one with the blockchain. After that, just takes a minute or two to start up....

(I know some keep mum on their transactions but it doesn't bother me to share what I find out. I figure we can all learn and compare by being a little transparent every now and then...)
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 980

I'm a little late to party but will throw a couple k at this and forget about it for awhile. Good luck to us!
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/08/2021

175 pts

3-QUESTION

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I'm a little late to party but will throw a couple k at this and forget about it for awhile. Good luck to us!
    Yes sir, good luck!

--------------------------------------------------

Just a reminder - this is not Arky's Pirate Chain thread. The thread is open to all alt coins. Think you got the next big multiplier? Post it here!
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

175 pts

3-QUESTION

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

Im on VET, ADA(cardano), HBAR,

mostly tailing buddies that know more than me and see upside.