Brewcity
    Brewcity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4838

bitpay card save on fees WITHOUT payment protocol wallet!!!!

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for several several years. I never created an account until now, and have no idea how much I will post, but I discovered a way to load your bitpay card and save on fees and wanted to share.

Usually you have to send from book to airbitz or blockchain, then to one of the special payment protocol wallets, then to load card. This way you can just withdraw from your book strait to airbitz, then load right to your card.

First off, I use airbitz...no idea if this works with blockchain or butter, but I would think it would.
    step 1..cash out to airbitz wallet.

step 2..login to your bitpay account on your cellphone in your web browser (I have not tried app, but know it works in web browser, I use chrome)

step 3...guess how much you will be able to withdraw from your airbitz after fee (I usually start by subtracting $15 or $20 from your balance depending how much you are withdrawing) Click add funds on bitpay site and type that amount.

Step 4..click open in wallet button (my default wallet on my phone is airbitz so it opens up airbitz and automatically fills in the amount to send...if it says insufficient funds, go back to browser and cancel the load (click x on top of load page) adjust the amount of the load and repeat, until you have close to the max amount you can withdraw. (if you leave a dollar in your airbitz, whatever, its just a dollar.

step 4..send funds. you can then go back to bitpay in browser and it will say payment confirming. It will say you used low minor fee and that it could take awhile. I have literally never waited more than 45 minutes..often times it is less then 5 minutes...here is a portion of what it says when you go back to bitpay.
    What's going on?

Your bitcoin transaction has been broadcast, but it does not yet have any confirmations.
    BitPay does not have your money. We also cannot control when transactions are confirmed on the Bitcoin network.

Why is this taking so long?

You created your transaction with a low bitcoin miner fee, which goes to pay the Bitcoin network's cost for confirming your payment. This low fee may prevent your payment from being confirmed on the Bitcoin network in the usual period of a few minutes to a few hours.

What now?

If the transaction confirms, the funds will be credited to the merchant and you can receive your order or request a refund from the merchant.

If the transaction doesn't confirm, the funds will be spendable again in your wallet. Depending on the wallet, this may take 48-72 hours.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Hi welcome to sbr! Your post is all wrong though sorry....no way to get around fees and you have to use a protocol wallet per the new rules....network fee is now standard plus miners fees so average Load costs 25-35$...also you have to send exact invoice amount that it generates....no way around that so u can’t just play around...also if I send with a lower fee it will take time...my last took 5 hours to confirm send normal miners fees
    Last edited by littlekona; 01-07-18 at 09:38 AM.

Brewcity

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Hi welcome to sbr! Your post is all wrong though sorry....no way to get around fees and you have to use a protocol wallet per the new rules....network fee is now standard plus miners fees so average Load costs 25-35$
    My post is accurate, of course you still pay fees, but typically you would have to go from book to airbitz. then airbitz to payment protocol wallet which is one set of fees, then payment protocol wallet to loading card which is another set of fees. With my way you go strait from airbitz to loading card, so only one set of fees. it probably is in the neighborhood of 25 to 35$ tho depending how much you are sending. Just not 25 to 35$ twice!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Brewcity View Post

My post is accurate, of course you still pay fees, but typically you would have to go from book to airbitz. then airbitz to payment protocol wallet which is one set of fees, then payment protocol wallet to loading card which is another set of fees. With my way you go strait from airbitz to loading card, so only one set of fees. it probably is in the neighborhood of 25 to 35$ tho depending how much you are sending. Just not 25 to 35$ twice!
    Why do you ever have to go Book to Airbitz to PP Wallet? Why not book directly to PPWallet?

Easiest way to deal with this is to download the electrum.org wallet and go directly from book to that and straight to a card load.

But if the Airbitz wallet works to load cards that great too. Maybe they implemented the payment protocol thing and no one told us yet

Brewcity

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Why do you ever have to go Book to Airbitz to PP Wallet? Why not book directly to PPWallet?

Easiest way to deal with this is to download the electrum.org wallet and go directly from book to that and straight to a card load.

But if the Airbitz wallet works to load cards that great too. Maybe they implemented the payment protocol thing and no one told us yet
    maybe I am wrong but I thought you were not supposed to go strait from book to a regular wallet without having airbitz or blockchain in between? maybe I am wrong? If I am wrong, my apologies for wasting everyones time...

Optional

maybe I am wrong but I thought you were not supposed to go strait from book to a regular wallet without having airbitz or blockchain in between? maybe I am wrong? If I am wrong, my apologies for wasting everyones time...
    You are not supposed to go directly from a book to Coinbase, Gemini, BitPay or any USA licensed exchange. It's against their terms and they can shut you down over it but it's not a huge worry as they don't confiscate your bitcoin or anything like that. Just shut you down.

So we suggest going from books to any independent wallet, before on-sending it to your US based exchanger. This could be Airbitz or Blockchain.info/wallet or Electrum or Mycellium or Bread or BitcoinCore or pretty much ANY wallet apart from one attached to a US licensed exchange.

So your tip isn't that useful in itself, but if the payment protocol loads are working for you in an Airbitz wallet, then that is good news as a lot of people do use that one.

littlekona

Book to protocol wallet to card is only way...even if no protocol wallet was needed like old days...there is no way to escape the card network and miners fees

yes that would be great If airbitz is protocol compliant now...

Brewcity

You are not supposed to go directly from a book to Coinbase, Gemini, BitPay or any USA licensed exchange. It's against their terms and they can shut you down over it but it's not a huge worry as they don't confiscate your bitcoin or anything like that. Just shut you down.

So we suggest going from books to any independent wallet, before on-sending it to your US based exchanger. This could be Airbitz or Blockchain.info/wallet or Electrum or Mycellium or Bread or BitcoinCore or pretty much ANY wallet apart from one attached to a US licensed exchange.

So your tip isn't that useful in itself, but if the payment protocol loads are working for you in an Airbitz wallet, then that is good news as a lot of people do use that one.
    ok, so you are saying you can send from book to a wallet such as airbitz, blockchain, bread, just not a book strait to an exchange? if that is the case, I understand what you guys are saying.

Optional

ok, so you are saying you can send from book to a wallet such as airbitz, blockchain, bread, just not a book strait to an exchange? if that is the case, I understand what you guys are saying.
    Yes, you've got it.

Brewcity

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Book to protocol wallet to card is only way...even if no protocol wallet was needed like old days...there is no way to escape the card network and miners fees

yes that would be great If airbitz is protocol compliant now...
    yeah, it doesn't say anywhere about being payment protocol compliant on airbitz website or app, however I have done this a half a dozen times or so and it does work. So maybe it does not save much money, however I guess it may save people time of having to open another wallet, as like both you and opti said, lots of people are using airbitz!

Brewcity

Yes, you've got it.
    gotcha. thanks for the info opti! been reading the forum for a lot of years. you seem like a good dude that trys to help when he can!!
    and if people do follow my steps, I guess airbitz is usable for card loads. might not save money, but like you said a lot of people are already using airbitz.

littlekona

Yes, you've got it.
    Well this just came access my twitter feed..what a coincidence

https://blog.edgesecure.co/airbitz-i...e-461fff6af2d0
    Looks like our dreams come true w one wallet for all coins...
    https://twitter.com/EdgeSecure/status/950148977592356864
    https://edgesecure.co/

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

so when is edge available