chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

BITCoin to etherum

What wallet makes a quick exchange from bitcoin to etherum?

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    What wallet makes a quick exchange from bitcoin to etherum?
    Most exchanges have BTC / ETH matched pairs (so you can buy Ethereum for Bitcoin or vice versa): Bitfinex, Kraken and Poloniex leap to mind. Of those, accounts at Bitfinex are probably the easiest to open and begin trading.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Can you do it on coinbase? I cannot figure it out

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Exodus...but best believe there is a fee... Coinbase you have to cash in $'s then buy Bitcoin...2 step process...

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Can you do it on coinbase? I cannot figure it out
    Yes, Coinbase was the first major exchange to offer Ethereum. If you've got BTC and want to buy ETH, just access the market for that matched pair, then offer a bid price the same way you'd bid for a stock, except you're bidding in BTC. As I type this the exchange rate is about 9.70 ETH per bitcoin (or .103 BTC per ETH).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post

Yes, Coinbase was the first major exchange to offer Ethereum. If you've got BTC and want to buy ETH, just access the market for that matched pair, then offer a bid price the same way you'd bid for a stock, except you're bidding in BTC. As I type this the exchange rate is about 9.70 ETH per bitcoin (or .103 BTC per ETH).
    Can he do this inside his Coinbase account or does he need to do the exchange on GDAX?

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Can he do this inside his Coinbase account or does he need to do the exchange on GDAX?
    Howdy, Optional, 'sup? He should be able to do it from within his CB account -- at least CB used to offer an ETH/BTC matched pair. Unless maybe they've moved it over to GDAX(?)

I can't answer for sure because I closed my CB account about 10 seconds after they got sued for their client records by the IRS, an ongoing litigation that not enough people know about: https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...www.google.nl/

The IRS gaining access to my trading history would cause me a great deal of, um, anxiety.