Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4463

Bitcoin transaction stuck? What can I do?

I have received a bitcoin payment from a bookie and it has 0 confirmations in more than 12 hours and it still listed as 'pending'.

I have checked the viabtc accelerator but it appears to have reached some sort of a limit and it can't be used.

Someone also mentioned that they have sent a small amount to the same address and I have done the same. The small amount got processed in less than 5 minutes but my payment from the bookie is still pending.

What options do I have to have it sped up. Given the BTC tanking in the last few hours I have lost a sizeable amount hence I would like to have confirmed as soon as possible.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Pedro

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Pedro

Thanks Optional,

I tried the viabtc and as mentioned it seems that the submission limits have been surpassed.

I also just tried rebroadcasting with the hex code and I get a "Not accepting transaction version 2".

Thanks though,

Pedro

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

im going on three days waiting for a withdrawal from youwager. its been processed but unconfirmed. pretty tough too watch your money just keep going down everyday and nothing to do about it. ive been involved with bitcoins for only 6 months but they are terrible. hopefully the whole thing collapses. offshore is such a joke right now

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I have received a bitcoin payment from a bookie and it has 0 confirmations in more than 12 hours and it still listed as 'pending'.

I have checked the viabtc accelerator but it appears to have reached some sort of a limit and it can't be used.

Someone also mentioned that they have sent a small amount to the same address and I have done the same. The small amount got processed in less than 5 minutes but my payment from the bookie is still pending.

What options do I have to have it sped up. Given the BTC tanking in the last few hours I have lost a sizeable amount hence I would like to have confirmed as soon as possible.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Pedro
    There's almost nothing you CAN do. If the transaction were the other way around -- you to the book -- you could piggy back another deposit, with higher fees, to the same address to make processing both transactions more attractive to the miners (the guys who run the blockchain and do the confirmations), but in this direction that trick won't work.

I'm stuck the same as you: a withdrawal sent from Nitro, who low balled the fees, has been pending for 24+ hours, unconfirmed. (Although as a long term BTC believer -- a hodler, to borrow a term -- I'm not looking to sell that BTC anyway; in fact, crashes like this always tempt me to increase my position using margin, a practice I generally eschew).

Anyway, fingers crossed we both get confirmed soon.

Pedro

Thanks guys,

Gives me some strange comfort to see that I am not alone

Pedro

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Thanks guys,

Gives me some strange comfort to see that I am not alone

Pedro
    Hell, no, you're not alone. It's a team effort!

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Same situation here. Withdraw from book stuck in fukin cyberspace for 20 hours. Pissed as hell because I needed the money to pay a bill now Bitcoin is tanking and my bill will get a late fee now. Maybe I will just call block chain and see what the problem is. Oh that's right you can't. Fuk Bitcoin. I hope it crashes to zero. Worst invention ever. I'm done with it. Going back to P2P.

themike78

I tried that viabtc accelerator thing and either it was a coincidence or it worked because an hour after entering my info I got my first confirmation.

Pedro

Mine just cleared as well, though I never managed to get that accelerator working.

themike78

Mine just cleared as well, though I never managed to get that accelerator working.
    For the accelerator you have to submit your info at the top of the hour exactly or it will get filled up. Best to have all the info filled out than hit submit exactly at top of the hour.

Pedro

Thanks Mike,

Next time I'll keep that in mind.

Pedro