Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another awful strategy.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Laying heavy wood on favorites will break your heart. If you are going to take favorites, you might as well bet on the runline. So arnold what is your strategy besides criticizing everyone on their picks in this site. I do have a good strategy in fading overperforming pitchers that have winning streaks of 2 or more games. I had the tigers today as I faded Padilla for a loss. Padilla had a two game winning steak snapped and I felt that Verlander was just due for a win. Betting on favorites is not easy. If you just bet on all favorites, you will lose money.

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    Laying heavy wood on favorites will break your heart. If you are going to take favorites, you might as well bet on the runline. So arnold what is your strategy besides criticizing everyone on their picks in this site. I do have a good strategy in fading overperforming pitchers that have winning streaks of 2 or more games. I had the tigers today as I faded Padilla for a loss. Padilla had a two game winning steak snapped and I felt that Verlander was just due for a win. Betting on favorites is not easy. If you just bet on all favorites, you will lose money.
    I'm just saying that betting all favorites or going all in every time are not good strategies. If you don't agree, then go ahead and bet all favorites and go all in.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Laying wood maximizes your losses. Before I bet on any favorite, I do pay attention on how the underdogs bullpen has pitched in games leading up to the current game. For example, I had the tigers today. I had then on the runline +125. I analyzed how the rangers bullpen took some abuse by the redsox over the weekend. I am not stupid that I will bet on all favorites or use some retard's strategy (like Benedito) on laying everything on one game. You have to pick and choose your favorites because lines for favorites tend to be overinflated (espeically on pitchers with winning streaks). I like to fade out overperforming pitchers on winning streaks. I will take underdogs too, don't get me wrong. There is nothing better than to take underdogs as spoilers in august and September.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Hey fifa,

It would help if you posted the lines on each team you are taking to really see the effectiveness of this strategy at this point. I do agree with you to some point at this stage in the season. I play almost entirely dogs and have been struggling thus far. However, even hitting 60% of favorites in baseball doesn't necessarily mean that you are turning a profit.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I would disagree with your theory that the books are winning by favorites winning, however. In general, the public usually bets favorites. And if you think the books win by the favorites winning, why would you think that playing favorites would then be profitable?

First 12