They play 162 Games in the regular season. That's not the big problem though. The biggest problem i see is even though only 4 teams in each league make it to the post season, the divisional series is the biggest joke in postseason in any support.

You play 162 games and in the first round of the postseason its a best out of 5??? Yes i know its been like this forever but does any one here think this is just real horrible? You can have a team go 122-40 and easily have the best record in baseball and then if they drop their first game in the series, they are in deep trouble down 1-0. Yes its the postseason and everyone steps their game up and games mean everything but i think this is the reason MLB postseason is flawed. The team that is going to get to the World Series is just going to play 3 series total. Why not make the first series best out of 7 as well to see who is really the better team? Can you imagine if the division series was a best out of 3 ? It would be a must win at game 1.

Yes in football its just 1 game and you are gone but that is right since they only play 1 game a week. Top 2 teams in each league gets a bye which makes the format right. In the NBA, its best out 7 from the start of the playoffs which is great even though they extend the series a bit. However, at least we know who the better team is and the regular season means something. I recalled back then the Denver Nuggets beat the Seattle Sonics as a 8 vs 1 seed and the Heat and Knicks but that was because it was best of 5. Now a days, you don't see this happening much anymore with a 7 game series.

MLB just has it wrong. So many regular season games yet the first round its best out of 5 where its pretty much going to have tons of pressure for a team to win the first game. NFL and NBA and MLB all have around the same number of teams. I think its around 29-33. Now 12 Teams make it into postseason in the NFL and 16 make it into the NBA Playoffs. Why is MLB only going to have 8 teams? That is another thing i dislike about baseball. Just 1 division winner in each division and the wild card team and thats it. I certainly wouldn't mind having 6 teams in each league making the postseason. Too many deserving teams with better records like the Rays or Red Sox won't make the postseason because of this and teams like the Twins get in with probably a worst record than the Red Sox.

I just believe the first round of the postseason with the best of 5 is horrible. I think the Cardinals last year had a very good record but then got swept 3-0 and their season was done. Now even though i believe the Cards are the most overrated team in baseball, them losing the first 2 games pretty much sealed it for them. Losing the first 2 games of the series will pretty much not give any team confidence because they need to win all 3 final games to win the series.

Anyone else think the same?