iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Fading the red sox

I think fading the red sox will be very profitable to start the season.. Im a big sox fan, and they are not going to be good this year. They are almost always -130 to -220 favs because of their name. I will be fading Price in the opener and fading the rest of the shit pitchers they will be throwing out on a daily basis.. Has anyone else thought about doing this with the Sox, or any other team for that matter?

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

I'm a huge sox fan and I wouldn't fade them. That lineup is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Travis shaw starting over Sandoval best news I have heard last two seasons for this team

KeyElement
    KeyElement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Add Buchholz to your "dangerous to fade" list and the BoSox can be had on any given day.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Not fading material. But more a team to watch out the first month. Pirates . Last 2 seasons they've had really slow starts and then they settle for a wild card spot . I think this year they'll come out hot and try to avoid a slow start to the season for 3rd straight year Cutch seems to be fully healthy this spring . That home this team was money last year. I see every reasons to believe the same this year

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeo-Picks View Post
    Not fading material. But more a team to watch out the first month. Pirates . Last 2 seasons they've had really slow starts and then they settle for a wild card spot . I think this year they'll come out hot and try to avoid a slow start to the season for 3rd straight year Cutch seems to be fully healthy this spring . That home this team was money last year. I see every reasons to believe the same this year
    No offense, but i hate this reasoning. You are insinuating that they almost tried to come out slow in years past or something haha idk..

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I would definitely not go against David Price on opening day. The Sox do have a team that can score runs. Betts, Bradley, Bogaerts and Shaw are some pretty good young players. Mix that with Ramirez, Pedroia, Ortiz and that ain't to bad. Maybe fade some of the other pitchers on the Sox but not Price. Infact, I would say David Price = on opening day!!!!!!

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Sox will be decent this year. There are better teams to fade.

The Jays are who I'm focused on. That pitching staff is an abomination, and they'll be highly favored early on as well - maybe more so than Boston.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I will personally not be fading Boston on opening day!

mikefan1034

Fade porcello most overrated useless pitcher in MLB history and gets paid 86 million

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Fade ?
    Play a 4 game chase vs Braves , Philly , Rockies , Reds , Padres and Brewers.
    They aren't winning 4 straight all damn year .
    They all suck .

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Fade ?
    Play a 4 game chase vs Braves , Philly , Rockies , Reds , Padres and Brewers.
    They aren't winning 4 straight all damn year .
    They all suck .
    those spreads will be insanely high to chase though

Listen, the red sox will not be good this year. Price will not be good this year. How often do you see a pitcher get PAID, and then suck the next year? Happens all the freakin time. I will be fading the sox today and fading them until they prove they can win.. Agree with fading the Blow Jays too with their rotation. Sox o6 today looks good too. Sox will be lucky to go .500 and with the amount of games they will be large favorites, well, you do the math.

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    those spreads will be insanely high to chase though

Listen, the red sox will not be good this year. Price will not be good this year. How often do you see a pitcher get PAID, and then suck the next year? Happens all the freakin time. I will be fading the sox today and fading them until they prove they can win.. Agree with fading the Blow Jays too with their rotation. Sox o6 today looks good too. Sox will be lucky to go .500 and with the amount of games they will be large favorites, well, you do the math.
    These are all things you believe with no evidence yet. Why fade from the start? just don't bet it. If after a few games your theory was right then yes maybe it is time to start fading. I personally like the red sox this year and I think they win today against the Indians. If I can get red sox at decent lines like today I will take them unless your right and they really are going to have a disappointing year then I will probably stop betting them or I will start fading them.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    These are all things you believe with no evidence yet. Why fade from the start? just don't bet it. If after a few games your theory was right then yes maybe it is time to start fading. I personally like the red sox this year and I think they win today against the Indians. If I can get red sox at decent lines like today I will take them unless your right and they really are going to have a disappointing year then I will probably stop betting them or I will start fading them.
    Im a huge sox fan, and i listen to the radio constantly.. Radio guys are not high on them and neither am I. The sox are constantly underwhelmers (made that word up) with great rosters. Everyone outside of boston seems to love the sox, but that fine because you guys can keep betting the lines up and i will keep fading them. I have evidence from the last 5 years in their horrible starts compared to the amount they are favored by every year and i see no reason this doesnt continue this year.. Everyone in boston is picking the sox u86.5 wins for a reason.. Everyone outside of boston has high hopes for them, but being in boston my whole life, we know not to be too excited going into the season for good reason.

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

As a Cardinals fan, I see us as being fade material this year. The lineup can't hit. We won 100 games last year, but the majority of those wins were 2-0 and 2-1 type games. Just can't hit

jeffchitown
    jeffchitown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2495

Im a huge sox fan, and i listen to the radio constantly.. Radio guys are not high on them and neither am I. The sox are constantly underwhelmers (made that word up) with great rosters. Everyone outside of boston seems to love the sox, but that fine because you guys can keep betting the lines up and i will keep fading them. I have evidence from the last 5 years in their horrible starts compared to the amount they are favored by every year and i see no reason this doesnt continue this year.. Everyone in boston is picking the sox u86.5 wins for a reason.. Everyone outside of boston has high hopes for them, but being in boston my whole life, we know not to be too excited going into the season for good reason.
    This is true though of all local fan bases I think. We are sometimes the hardest critic to our local teams. I think though the team usually fall somewhere in the middle. They will probably do better than you expected but worse then the rest of the nation expected. I think most people locally set low expectations because it makes it easier to deal with if those expectations come true and if your wrong then its all smiles.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchitown View Post
    This is true though of all local fan bases I think. We are sometimes the hardest critic to our local teams. I think though the team usually fall somewhere in the middle. They will probably do better than you expected but worse then the rest of the nation expected. I think most people locally set low expectations because it makes it easier to deal with if those expectations come true and if your wrong then its all smiles.
    haha this could definitely be true, but im just expecting price to have a mediocre year (14-12 3.8 ERA) after signing that huge contract and if he doesnt have a good year, then who the hell out of our pitchers is going to step up? Porcello? Trash. Kelly? Trash. Buccholz? Good for 100 innings. Wright? Useless knuckleballer... I just dont see it.. We are gona have to win every game 10-8. Maybe red sox overs are the way to go then.

jayhawks718
    jayhawks718's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I love Indians today 💯

mikefan1034

Ur a pink hat fan man I'm a die hard Boston fan and fans like u only show up when they are in the World Series or playoffs.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp1 View Post
    As a Cardinals fan, I see us as being fade material this year. The lineup can't hit. We won 100 games last year, but the majority of those wins were 2-0 and 2-1 type games. Just can't hit
    see, youve got the right idea haha

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    Ur a pink hat fan man I'm a die hard Boston fan and fans like u only show up when they are in the World Series or playoffs.
    lol okay bud.. ive watched 100 games a year for the past 10 years.. Just cuz i dont think they are going to have a good year doesnt make me a pink hat fan. The blind sheep fans, such as yourself, probably think we will win the world series every year.. ... They went 78-84 last year and have not done much to better themselves. Yea they added Price, who isnt going to have an 18-5 year like he did last year. What else did they do? Nothing. Not sure why you think all of a sudden the Sox are going to be WS contenders.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

No Mike he sounds like a smart objective realist fan which are the best. Nothing worse than listening to some jackass homer fan build his team up more than what they are with homer blinders. Tribe is tempting but so sick about hearing all the hype on them and Kluber as well and not delivering and they usually struggle vs lhp.

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    No Mike he sounds like a smart objective realist fan which are the best. Nothing worse than listening to some jackass homer fan build his team up more than what they are with homer blinders. Tribe is tempting but so sick about hearing all the hype on them and Kluber as well and not delivering and they usually struggle vs lhp.
    Seriously.. How is anything I have said in here made you think I am a pink hat fan? Do you even know what a pink hat fan is, Mike?

irish1
    Update your status

If you're going to fade Pitcher David Price on opening day when he has an offense and good defense behind him then save the cash!!!!

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    If you're going to fade Pitcher David Price on opening day when he has an offense and good defense behind him then save the cash!!!!
    okay then lets see your red sox ticket.. I dont want to hear your crap telling me what to do unless you prove that you are betting the sox.. cant stand people who tell others what to do, yet dont even bet the team they are "backing."

Heres a little tidbit about Price for today
    " It'll be an interesting one for him; Price famously had a terrible start in the snow against the Yankees last April and temperatures are expected to be around freezing for the opener."

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

whether you bet for or against Price today, one thing to remember is Kluber is no slouch. Should be a good game...

irish1
    Update your status

Here is a little tidbit about Price for any day. He was 18-5. I could care less if you make a bad play or not that's totally up to you. I guess the answer to your post is no I am not fading a team with one of the best pitchers in baseball on the mound against a team that has a 35 year old cleanup hitter who strikes out 200 times a year. Hey, good luck!!

iloseagain

Here is a little tidbit about Price for any day. He was 18-5. I could care less if you make a bad play or not that's totally up to you. I guess the answer to your post is no I am not fading a team with one of the best pitchers in baseball on the mound against a team that has a 35 year old cleanup hitter who strikes out 200 times a year. Hey, good luck!!
    And he was 15-12 and 10-8 the 2 years prior.. Big fukkin whoop. Okay so if you aint betting the sox, then you can shut up and leave cuz no one cares about your opinion.. The worst people are the people who tell you not to bet, when they dont even bet the other way.. Just leave please. I dont care if you think I should be the indians or not. Why are you still in here trying to convince me not to bet the Indians? Why do you even care so much?

And no you didnt answer my question.. I asked to show your red sox ticket if you are so friggen confident in them.. Christ

irish1
    Update your status

seriously, good luck, thats why they call it gambling.

iloseagain

seriously, good luck, thats why they call it gambling.
    thank you, sir

iloseagain

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    whether you bet for or against Price today, one thing to remember is Kluber is no slouch. Should be a good game...
    Exactly. Kluber will shut this sox lineup down to the tune of 7IP 2ER 6H 2BB 9Ks.. Something like that. 5-2 Indians win. Sox bullpen isnt very good either. Well, its decent and will probably be better at the start of the year rather than towards the end, but I still see Price not having a good 1st start and giving up 3-4 runs over 5-6 innings and the BP giving up another 1-2 runs. Maybe 5-3 will be a more realistic score.

Indians should be good this year with Kluber, Carrasco, Salazar.. Kluber and Carrasco could both be Cy Young candidates. May sound stupid, but we will see. Cleveland might lead the league in Ks with those 3 guys throwing.. All of them can avg over 10 K/9 IP. Filthy

mikefan1034

The fact that u bet against ur own teams shows me ur true colors

iloseagain

The fact that u bet against ur own teams shows me ur true colors
    Lol.. When i see value, i bet it.. Pretty simple.

mikefan1034

Lol.. When i see value, i bet it.. Pretty simple.
    It's ur team lol how do u bet against ur team if u are a true die hard fan lol ur a joke

iloseagain

It's ur team lol how do u bet against ur team if u are a true die hard fan lol ur a joke
    One mans opinion.. uhhh well theres 182 games. They only won 78 last year. For a team that is consistently huge favorites, they dont win a lot of games. Yay for math.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Guess Mike fan does not understand the concept of this being a business. Doubt anyone in here receiving a check from their favorite teams so like any other wager if you see opportunity strike and hope to win $$. Hey if your team is gonna lose it doesn't hurt to profit, if they should win it makes things less painful with the $$ lost lol

12 Last