Oakland A's Hat
    Oakland A's Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do walks count in total bases matchups?

This has probably been asked before, but do walks count towards total bases in a total bases matchup?

The reason I ask is I took Jemile Weeks against Alex Gordon in the KC/OAK game. They each had a double and then scored (for 4 bases). Alex Gordon also had a walk (but did not advance another base), which would give him 5 total bases and having me lose the bet.

My book (5Dimes) cancelled the bet. So I assume the walk does not count towards total bases. What about hit by pitch? Strikeout/passed ball? Etc? And after the batter reaches by way of walk, would the subsequent bases count?

Either way, I'm happy to have my money back on that one.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

They both had 2 total bases then, not 4. I would seriously not bet that prop if you do not know how it works......just burning money unless you get lucky.

Oakland A's Hat
    Oakland A's Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    They both had 2 total bases then, not 4. I would seriously not bet that prop if you do not know how it works......just burning money unless you get lucky.
    Thank you. Now I know how it works and shall bet accordingly.

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Only hits count. i.e. player hits a single but advances to second on an error = 1 base

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Only hits count, what he does after (runs, sb) are all irrelevant.

Single is 1, Double 2, Triple 3, Homer 4

that is all that counts