Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

SBR poker future (Dougie)

Douglas, could we get an update on where the future of daily tournaments stand? Will there be 5 per day and will the payouts return back to before this WSOP seat promotion started? I'd like to know if I should start saving up 3k points for renewal in June or spend them freely now. Any insight or hint would be great.

onerous
    onerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

thought dougie was no more.? and yea they must not care about poker because people quit the site due to it why take away the only AM tourney makes no sense to me

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

He's not a mod anymore? I don't check poker forums much these days. It's almost as dead as the table action with the new setup.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Douglas taken behind the SBR barn and put out of his misery. Maybe sam9ball will see his and give you some advice but that's a big maybe.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Heres a suggestion guys. And no guarantees but if you send me something I can at least make sure it gets looked at if it is reasonable.

Give us a tourney structure you think would be reasonable. You can use free buy ins or ones with point buys in. Probably cant go back to paying the 12 or whatever that were paid as that was often half the field but could maybe look at something with 7-8 paid or whatnot.

Again, I am not the decision maker but if someone sends me something that looks good I can possibly go to bat for it.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

ya, I think Doug was kicked to the curb in favor of sammy9ball...very shrewd decision

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Heres a suggestion guys. And no guarantees but if you send me something I can at least make sure it gets looked at if it is reasonable.

Give us a tourney structure you think would be reasonable. You can use free buy ins or ones with point buys in. Probably cant go back to paying the 12 or whatever that were paid as that was often half the field but could maybe look at something with 7-8 paid or whatnot.

Again, I am not the decision maker but if someone sends me something that looks good I can possibly go to bat for it.
    I'd much rather have a buyin for a bigger prizepool and more pay slots...just my .02

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'd much rather have a buyin for a bigger prizepool and more pay slots...just my .02

I agree, I just need to have a structure layed out that I can show point totals and I dont have the time or motivation to create it currently.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Go back to the previous structure but make it a 20 point buy in.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

bump

BOL

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Go back to the previous structure but make it a 20 point buy in.
    I second that. If it's still too many points paid out, trim first place from 600 to 500. Then second through fourth 25 points less each. That's 175 points on top of the 250 extra from the 20 point buyin. (assuming it's the normal 25 entries 10x25). If that's still not enough, remove 11th and 12th. That's an additional 100 points so only final table gets paid. Can't do much with 40 and 60 at a table anyways.

Old format = 12 places for 2500 points with 250 contributed from players.
    Proposal = 10 places for 2225 with 500 points contributed from players.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34, USCPHILLYGUY, and onerous

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    I second that. If it's still too many points paid out, trim first place from 600 to 500. Then second through fourth 25 points less each. That's 175 points on top of the 250 extra from the 20 point buyin. (assuming it's the normal 25 entries 10x25). If that's still not enough, remove 11th and 12th. That's an additional 100 points so only final table gets paid. Can't do much with 40 and 60 at a table anyways.

Old format = 12 places for 2500 points with 250 contributed from players.
    Proposal = 10 places for 2225 with 500 points contributed from players.
    Agreed, and if that isn't enough.... Just make it 24 pts, that way every two days someone will have the points to play.

SharpAngles

Format should pay the final table or at least top 7 imo. Make it a higher buy or make it 10 again to lessen SBR's overlay if thats the reason for the "promo".

Or how about they keep this new format but add 10 man SNGs with no overlay. 20 point buy in 1st: 100, 2nd: 60, 3rd: 40? or even higher. Personally I'd like a 60 with a 300,180,120 structure but that might end up in the same 10 guys playing every time with the other players broke.

I can guarantee allowing players in more than once a day would boost traffic significantly as well.

And no matter what,

h4h at 15 has got to go

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

I don't think that the buyin for PROS should be higher than 12 points. I mean we only get 12 points per day, it shouldn't be a higher buyin than that 12 points. But feel free to pay only 10 places
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RealMadrid

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think first we need to find out how much they're willing to pay out in points per day for poker tournaments, then we can think about a structure

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Obviously take what they have now as far as payouts, add in number for a 10-12 point per person buy in and lay me out a structure. Again not saying its a lock or anything but Ill see what I can do.

SharpAngles

Going off the roughly 40 playing per tourney now and SBR adding the current 1000...

12 betpoint buy in makes an extra 480 so 1480 total.

1:400
    2:320
    3:220
    4:160
    5:140
    6:125
    7:105

Or maybe make it a 10+2 to give SBR an 8% rebate every time and adjust payouts to...

1:400
    2:300
    3:240
    4:180
    5:130
    6:90
    7:70
    Last edited by SharpAngles; 02-26-15 at 07:28 PM.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

It really depends what SBR is trying to achieve; without some kind of goal, hard to argue they should shell out any points at all.

If we want to take current overlay as baseline, I'd recommend a few things:

-keep overlay fixed for tournaments, but scales payouts/places paid with number of entrants, like normal poker does.

-run 6 turbos throughout the day with ~150pt overlay. ! per day free for pros/10 points for non-pros, no limit to # played per day, with old starting times plus an early AM one that's more world-friendly. This should meet the needs of casual players who want to sit down and take a shot at a pizza. (I'd embrace the pizza thing and make 1st place enough points for a pizza, pay out rest as normal).

-run 6 tournaments with 10-12 minute blind levels at same times, pros only, 10 points to enter, only one per day, 350 point overlay, limited to 20 players. Points won in these count for contests. Expand limit/overlays as necessary as participation increases to ensure all pros who want to play can.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, figure out a way to drive cash games! I'd recommend picking certain hours (like during or between tournaments) and for those times only running bad beat jackpots, rake races, random drawings or something.

If SBR still worried about the overlay, simply make Biteme a SBR poker team pro, and have him play for the house

GaryDN
    GaryDN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20008

If SBR still worried about the overlay, simply make Biteme a SBR poker team pro, and have him play for the house
    I like this idea ! Outstanding ! I second the motion !

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Agree 100 percent

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Trip had some good ideas, hold random point drawings, bb jackpots, etc

onerous
    onerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

how many more points they need to save anyway?? they already took away a whole tournament from us people that could only play in the a.m.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by onerous View Post
    how many more points they need to save anyway?? they already took away a whole tournament from us people that could only play in the a.m.
    there may not be any a.m. trny, but at least you got to pull a threesome with two studs at mt. rushmore........... you got that goin' for ya
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post

uh, this concept has been in full force and effect since I joined SBR

horja1
    Grrrrrr

so no answer from SBR?

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    so no answer from SBR?
    I'm shocked

JAKEPEAVY21

we are the red headed step children of SBR
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    so no answer from SBR?
    As with the hedge fund

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Just a employee toilet now

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

This is what I know of the daily tournaments. Take it for what it is worth. It does not look likely to go back to the previous format as the turnout versus the payout was not really making sense. Ideas are being batted around currently for what format will be used going forward. Please feel free to post up any ideas you have with a starting point being the amount of points currently given away plus potential for 10-12 point buy ins.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Douglas has moved on to head the NCAA lines in the SBR book which is why we can't get lines for conference title games

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

This is what I know of the daily tournaments. Take it for what it is worth. It does not look likely to go back to the previous format as the turnout versus the payout was not really making sense. Ideas are being batted around currently for what format will be used going forward. Please feel free to post up any ideas you have with a starting point being the amount of points currently given away plus potential for 10-12 point buy ins.
    what was SBR looking for in the previous tourny's, that they were not getting?

12 Last