Djohns04
    Djohns04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Bad beats are everywhere, you're not special

This is for all you schmucks that think the bad beats are exclusive to SBR poker. This ones pretty special

Final table 50K Euro rebuy Barcelona Super High Roller.

Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Djohns04 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Djohns04 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slanina gave Djohns04 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

The complaint isnt about bad beats happening... its about how often they happen!

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Good post, Dj

Yep, the incessant whiners about bad beats reveal themselves to be: 1) Lifetime losers @ poker or 2) clowns that haven't played all that much poker (relatively) online or LIVE. Simple as that.

With rare exceptions (say, Hellmuth)... 99.9% of the whiners are this guy:

Points Awarded:

Djohns04 gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21, BeerDog99, and MikeTizzy

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

OMFG i was at the craps table and this guy rolled 7 twice in a row! Can you fukking believe it twice in a row. That's only 3 fukking percent. Unreal!!!

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    OMFG i was at the craps table and this guy rolled 7 twice in a row! Can you fukking believe it twice in a row. That's only 3 fukking percent. Unreal!!!
    And... OMFG my friend hit a WIN 4 number straight last month for 5k

He only had a 1 in 5000 chance of hitting. Fukkin rigged lottery. They WANTED him to win, obviously.

Of course, peeps hit it everyday but don't tell the rigtards -- it'll be a special lil secret known only to the Illuminati and the anointed ones @ SBR poker.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Wish it was reversed. Busquet has always bugged me.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by rufflesmuncher View Post
    The complaint isnt about bad beats happening... its about how often they happen!
    It comes down to a) extremely selective memories (seen some of the biggest whiners on this site suck out huge and of course they never speak a word of it or probably think of it again, but if they ever lose a 70/30 they go apeshit) and b) the whiners will distort everything that happens so that in their mind its a huge bad beat when often its just standard

Can't count how many times I see this happen: AQ all in vs 98 hearts, flop Q94 with a heart, turn heart, river heart. Whiner says: "Runner runner so f'n sick", ignoring that the guy could have just as easily won with another 9 or an 8. That's the most standard "bad beat" ever that every player's taken 100 times but there are people who think it somehow only happens to them
    Points Awarded:

Djohns04 gave blankoblanco 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Djohns04
    Djohns04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Good post, Dj

Yep, the incessant whiners about bad beats reveal themselves to be: 1) Lifetime losers @ poker or 2) clowns that haven't played all that much poker (relatively) online or LIVE. Simple as that.

With rare exceptions (say, Hellmuth)... 99.9% of the whiners are this guy:

lol, thx biter.. I agree it's definitely a volume thing. If you've played enough hands you've seen every possible outcome and nothing should surprise. That and like blanko said, it's also a selective memory thing. We can win 6 coin flips in a row, not notice and then lose a 70-30 and wonder wtf is going on. I use to finish a tournament and think.. I got it in good everytime and i still got f'd.. Then i heard some pros saying if you get it in good everytime you're playing wayy too tight and of course you're gonna get more bad beats because you always have the best of it. You're not giving yourself a chance to dish out the bad beats.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Djohns04 View Post
    lol, thx biter.. I agree it's definitely a volume thing. If you've played enough hands you've seen every possible outcome and nothing should surprise. That and like blanko said, it's also a selective memory thing. We can win 6 coin flips in a row, not notice and then lose a 70-30 and wonder wtf is going on. I use to finish a tournament and think.. I got it in good everytime and i still got f'd.. Then i heard some pros saying if you get it in good everytime you're playing wayy too tight and of course you're gonna get more bad beats because you always have the best of it. You're not giving yourself a chance to dish out the bad beats.
    very well said, particularly the last two lines.... which is why i'm much more apt on SBR to play suited gappers like 10 7 (if it's negraneu's fav hand, must be something to it), j8, q9, or suited connectors, waiting to be rewarded with the strt or flush, to crush the gaudy overpair and then listen to the incessant whining..... damn how I hate those whiny ass bitches...... (notice, I have my "selective memory" in play here......)

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Wish it was reversed. Busquet has always bugged me.
    he went on to win

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Suspect cash game competition to begin with, but combine that with the fact people aren't nearly playing their best here with an extremely high tournament overlay and a generous prize structure and ....well....if you can't beat SBR Poker you just aren't very good
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lowly Oaftard

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    (notice, I have my "selective memory" in play here......)

I was about to say...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    he went on to win

Name:  mqdefault.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  11.6 KB

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

But in reality its only a 67-33 bad beat. Now if all-in were called after the flop that's a true bad beat.