Nucks

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

No value anywhere...

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

I was clearly drunk when I posted this. I agree, no value anywhere lol! I should just bet it anyways as a joke.

tombuckers
    Buck Man
    tombuckers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Capitals should be odds on! They got this, this year!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post
    Capitals should be odds on! They got this, this year!

will they even make playoffs

tombuckers
    Buck Man

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    will they even make playoffs
    All seriousness I think they will. I think sharks or pens this year for the cup.....Long shots I know.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Take Boston, you know they will be in the playoffs and they have the depth to contend in any series.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Also Ducks at +1200 seems pretty good

Vegas39

All seriousness I think they will. I think sharks or pens this year for the cup.....Long shots I know.
    Do think Sharks will compete. Don't trust Fleury in net for Pitt, been awful in playoffs last few years

tombuckers
    Buck Man

Yeah I just wrote a quick post on my blog about it the 3 teams I think have a bit of value at 45/1 I still think Caps have value. Can see them reaching conference final. Then might just lay them and take the profit...

1.) Washington Capitals - A team close to my heart, that I feel haven't clicked in a long time. 2 years ago they should have got through to the conference final but threw it away to a good NYR team in game 7 I think.... Last year they missed out on the playoffs by 3 points. So what makes a team go from not even making the playoffs to potentially going all the way. 4 reasons in my opinion.The first is the value. 45/1. That is a crazy price that is surely to decrease if they can get off to a decent start and are in a qualifying position for the playoffs mid season.
    The second is Alexander Ovechkin, one of the top 5 players in the NHL in my opinion and when he's on form, will score you goals.
    Third - Mr Holtby, generally seen as a shaky keeper, but has stood up well over the last few years and has been constantly improving and I feel has enough now to be strong enough through the entire season and a potential long playoff run.
    Fourth - Brian MacLellan - This is the deciding factor in my opinion. The Caps haven't "clicked" over the past few years, they have a decent squad and actually play with passion as apposed to some other teams and stages in last season.
    The Caps have a good track record....excluding the New york Rangers, Caps have a good record in the playoffs, against the big teams (Bruins/Pens) and if they can get through NYR this year as they should! I think they have as good a chance as anyone to get the SC final. From there at 45/1 anything is possible! And if they are playing an incredibly strong team from the Western I can always lay them and net the profit.
    2 units at 45/1 with skybet
    2.) Pittsburgh Penguins - Still can't get my head around how they lost to the Rangers in the playoffs last year....Oh wait yes I can, Mr Fleury.
    But this year he is going to be better. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I feel when penguins get through the the post season he will step up instead of being shitty this year. Just a hunch.
    Fleury was the Pens biggest weakness in the playoffs and I feel he's "due a good year"
    With the firepower they have up front if Fleury can sure up his playoff performances there is no reason why Pens shouldn't be in the conference final with relative ease.
    2 units at 11/1 with skybet
    3.) San Jose Sharks - Where do we start with the Sharks?
    3-0 up against the kings and they blow it. And kings go on to win it all none the less!!!!
    The west is so strong with hawks, kings, ducks, sharks all a step above most of the teams in the East (in my opinion) that if Sharks can avoid hawks and ducks I think they have a great chance at winning the cup.
    But Sharks just never seem to perform post season.
    They have everything including a very solid goalie, great young talent now and a huge offensive threat, yet when it comes to post season they are just prey. I feel this year is their year.
    2 units at 18/1 with coral
    Additional mentions: I also like the look of hawks (again) but feel at 8s pre season is a bit short, if they go to 10s I will probably load up on them too.
    What do you reckon?

Vegas39

good write-ups Tom

Wonder how Sharks mindset with be after way season ended

tombuckers
    Buck Man

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    good write-ups Tom

Wonder how Sharks mindset with be after way season ended
    Could go one of 2 ways I guess. But I remember a few points last season they were untouchable, if they can get into that groove at the right time, I think things could go swimmingly for them.,........

Vegas39

Could go one of 2 ways I guess. But I remember a few points last season they were untouchable, if they can get into that groove at the right time, I think things could go swimmingly for them.,........

they have the weapons to do it no doubt