THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie (February 04, 2017)

FOX Sports 1, 10:00 p.m. ET
    Dennis Bermudez vs Chan Sung Jung
    Alexa Grasso vs Felice Herring
    James Vick vs Abel Trujillo
    Ovince Saint Preux vs Volkan Oezdemir
    Anthony Hamilton vs Marcel Fortuna
    Jessica Andrade vs Angela Hill

FOX Sports 1, 08:00 p.m. ET
    Adam Mistead vs Curtis Blaydes
    Chas Skelly vs Chris Gruetzmacher
    Ricardo Ramos vs Michinori Tanaka
    Tecia Torres vs Bec Rawlings

UFC Fight Pass 07:00 p.m. ET
    Alex Morono vs Niko Price
    Khalil Rountree vs Daniel Jolly

Points Awarded:

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael gave THE_LOCKSMITH 15 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Fukking Lingerers mann! Give me James Vick! Watch this boy fight men. I'm cashinggg .

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

This card could have a few locks.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Asians not as strong, we know this.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

O-s-p!
    O-s-p!!!

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Asians not as strong, we know this.
    Bermudez has 5 losses.

4 losses by submission.

Korean Zombie has 13 wins.

8 wins by sub.

Chan Sung's strengths matchup nicely with Dennis Bermudez's weaknesses.

He has a chance of pulling it out.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Bermudez has 5 losses.

4 losses by submission.

8 wins by sub.

Cheering for Jung.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I like Curtis Blaydes a lot in his fight. At less than 2 to 1, it looks really good. I'll probably wait to see where lines goes. If it hits the 2 to 1 range, I'll throw him in some 2 team parlays. If it drops some, I'll look at taking him straight. His ground game is really good. Only loss was to Ngannou and he made it to the 2nd round and landed a couple takedowns

TPowell

Roundtree/Jolly both suck ALOT. Zero game outside of throwing hays.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I like Curtis Blaydes a lot in his fight. At less than 2 to 1, it looks really good. I'll probably wait to see where lines goes. If it hits the 2 to 1 range, I'll throw him in some 2 team parlays. If it drops some, I'll look at taking him straight. His ground game is really good. Only loss was to Ngannou and he made it to the 2nd round and landed a couple takedowns
    Parlayed him with Skelly since I think Blaydes will close in the (-200s) but I'll add some more on him if I'm wrong.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Niko Price looked nice in his last fight, his UFC debut. He is a finisher.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Parlayed him with Skelly since I think Blaydes will close in the (-200s) but I'll add some more on him if I'm wrong.
    Think I may try Skelly ITD. I don't like his gas tank at all but Gruts is very aggressive on the feet and easily taken down normally. Maybe Skelly by sub?

Hugo de Naranja

Think I may try Skelly ITD. I don't like his gas tank at all but Gruts is very aggressive on the feet and easily taken down normally. Maybe Skelly by sub?
    No complaints here. I really think Skelly will win. Blaydes already (-230)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Good card, not seeing alot of dogs cashing in this one.. Favorite heavy card me tinks at first glance...

I'm gonna start capping this beast tomorrow and get back to this thread..
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Liking Torres and Blaydes as good parlay pieces. Ricardo Ramos at nearly +200 seems pretty good as well. He's one of the top prospects in MMA right now

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

bermudez easy guys a beast and korean zombie has been inactive for 4 years in the army
    bermudez is a darkhorse in the divison and has grown a ton, watch his last fight versus a submission guy rony jason

at worst hedge with korean zombie submission since its 5 rounds bermudez could get tired and give up a sub but korean zombie has shown he can take a shot but he does get hit, bermudez is a chad mendes type great wrestler with big power

also like trujill over vick, vick is a long striker but he can get clipped. You get hit by trujillo on the chin youre going down i like this fight for abel at the price probably take the tko/ko price

chas skelly by submission as well could be a solid prop

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

I'm on Grasso and Andrade, especially Andrade ITD.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave rsynweap84 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael

Fire, James Vick is going to put a beat down on Abel.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I would be all over Marcel Fortuna if it wasn't for the size problem.
    60 pounds is a lot, so is probably 5 inches in height.
    I just cannot take him for this reason. He doesn't have any experience
    against a fighter the size of Freight Train.

Grasso looks like an easy way to tie in with the Superbowl ML
    for better payout.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

MMAMANIA short previews and predictions parts 1 and 2 -

170 lbs.: Alex Morono vs. Niko Price

Alex Morono (13-3) entered UFC as the Legacy FC Welterweight champion and quickly got on the scoreboard with a narrow decision win over Kyle Noke. There was no such controversy against James Moontasri, whom "The Great White" battered in the latter two rounds.

Eight of his nine stoppage wins have come within five minutes.
    Despite eight wins with seven stoppages, Niko Price (9-0) entered UFC as an underdog when he replaced Sabah Homasi against Brandon Thatch. Undaunted, he quickly took down the former blue-chip prospect and choked him out in the last minute of the first round.
    He replaces the injured Sheldon Westcott on less than two weeks’ notice.

Oh, this is going to be fun. Both men are powerful, aggressive finishers with a heap of first-round stoppages under their belts. I just wish I’d gotten to see more of Price’s striking against Thatch, as Morono has some holes in his game that Moontasri found early success exploiting. If he can steer clear of the clinch at all costs, "The Hybrid" has a real shot here.
    At the end of the day, though, I have to go with Morono, who has more high level experience and is more than tough enough to drag Price into unfamiliar waters. "The Great White" scrapes through via aggression and attrition.
    Prediction: Morono via unanimous decision

205 lbs.: Khalil Rountree vs. Daniel Jolly

Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s second Light Heavyweight pick on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 23, Khalil Rountree (4-2) became the sole member of his team to reach the tournament finals, where he lost a decision to Team Claudia Gadelha’s Andrew Sanchez. In his second Octagon appearance, he dropped fellow prospect Tyson Pedro early, but ultimately succumbed to the Aussie’s grappling prowess.
    Two of his four wins have come by knockout.
    After earning a pair of quick finishes in Legacy FC and a regional title soon after, Daniel Jolly (5-1) stepped up on short notice to take on top prospect Misha Cirkunov in Saskatchewan. "The Werewolf of Texas" struggled with his foe’s wrestling prowess and ultimately succumbed to ground-and-pound late in the first round.
    This will be his first fight in seventeen months.
    This is make-or-break for Rountree. His power is ridiculous -- the punch he landed on Pedro was one of the loudest I’ve heard in ages. However, his grappling has failed him time and time again. Jolly is the sort of mid-tier grappler he needs to fight at this point in his career to prove his prospect chops.
    I’m picking him cautiously. His raw power, superior training camp and lack of a massive layoff are too much. But, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him tap once again.
    Prediction: Rountree via first-round technical knockout

265 lbs.: Adam Milstead vs. Curtis Blaydes

The hulking Adam Milstead (8-1) quickly put his debut loss behind him with seven consecutive finishes, paving the way for a UFC shot. "Protoype" debuted in May 2016 with a finish of Chris de la Rocha in just his third trip to the second round.

He owns four finishes in less than two minutes apiece.
    With a JUCO national wrestling championship under his belt, Curtis Blaydes (6-1) entered UFC with some hype, but hit a stumbling block in the form of Francis Ngannou, who battered his eye shut after two competitive rounds. He returned to the cage six months later to pound out Cody East in a "Performance of the Night"-winning effort.
    All six of his wins have come via (technical) knockout.

I’m honestly surprised they made this fight because both Milstead and Blaydes are solid prospects in a Heavyweight division sorely in need of them. It seems a shame to knock one down the ladder when there are so many mid-tier folks like Anthony Hamilton or Mark Godbeer for them to test their mettles against.
    It’s Milstead who’ll take the tumble. He’s a physical monster with a good punch, but Blaydes is a beast in his own right and has a stronger wrestling background. Plus, he showed a tremendous chin against Ngannou, who tends to obliterate anything he touches.
    After a competitive start, expect Blaydes to find increasing success with his takedowns on his way to a late ground-and-pound stoppage.
    Prediction: Blaydes via third-round technical knockout

145 lbs.: Chas Skelly vs. Chris Gruetzemacher

Four consecutive victories had Chas Skelly (16-2) on the verge of the division elite, only for Darren Elkins to spoil the party with a grinding decision win in March 2016. His next time out, he earned a "Performance of the Night" bonus with a 19-second anaconda choke against Maximo Blanco for his fourth UFC finish.
    "The Scrapper" has submitted nine opponents overall.
    Despite beating Sascha Sharma in the round of 16, Chris Gruetzemacher (13-1) was not chosen to advance on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 22, although an injury to Martin Svensson gave him another shot. A knockout loss to Artem Lobov took him out of the tournament for good, but he managed to take a decision over Abner Lloveras on the Finale. Six of his nine stoppage wins have come by form of knockout.
    The only real concern for Skelly is how his cardio will hold up. When he’s still got gas in the tank, his wrestling and top game outclass a major chunk of the division’s. He beat Blanco too quickly to convince me he’s fixed what ailed him against Elkins, but he won’t need to fix much to beat "Gritz."
    Gruetzemacher can wrestle and likes to move forward, but he’s nowhere near the attritional nightmare that Elkins is and has a worrying tendency to give up his back. Skelly is simply the better overall fighter -- without the ability to sap Skelly early, Gruetzemacher is in for a thumping on the mat. Skelly does damage in the clinch and from top position before locking up a choke.
    Prediction: Skelly via first-round submission

135 lbs.: Ricardo Ramos vs. Michinori Tanaka

The 21-year-old Ricardo Ramos (9-1) stopped seven of his first eight opponents, including Brazilian jiu-jitsu standout Justin Rader, to set up a shot at the vacant Legacy FC Bantamweight title. Though he fell to Manny Vasquez, he drew Dana White’s eye with his subsequent submission of Alfred Khashakyan on the latest "Lookin’ for a Fight."
    He owns six wins by submission and two by knockout.
    Michinori Tanaka (11-2) -- a former PXC champion -- split his first two UFC bouts before a run-in with United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) shelved him for all of 2015. His 2016 campaign saw him edge Joe Soto in his return and drop a decision to Rani Yahya eight months later.
    He will give up four inches of height to the 5’9" Ramos.
    Ramos has legitimate jiu-jitsu skills and a terrific ceiling considering his youth, but Tanaka is just a tough match up stylistically. The Japanese prospect has terrific submission defense, solid takedowns, and a knack for coming out on top in scrambles. He ought to be able to body Ramos, whose physique earned him the nickname "Little Carcass."
    Tanaka is built to beat submission-happy grapplers. He bit off slightly more than he could chew against a beast in Yahya, but Ramos isn’t at that level of grappling supremacy. Tanaka steadily overwhelms Ramos to earn a fun decision win,
    Prediction: Tanaka via unanimous decision

115 lbs.: Tecia Torres vs. Bec Rawlings

Ranked No. 3 on TUF 20, Tecia Torres (7-1) suffered an upset loss to Randa Markos in the opening round and, after an injury to Justine Kish gave her another chance, defeated Bec Rawlings (7-5) before falling to eventual tournament winner Carla Esparza. She is 3-1 in UFC itself, a decision loss to Rose Namajunas ending a three-fight win streak last April.
    Torres will give up five inches of height to the 5’6" Rawlings.
    "Rowdy" Bec rebounded from her UFC debut loss to Heather Jo Clark with consecutive victories over Lisa Ellis and Seo Hee Ham in her native Australia. This paved the way for a main card appearance at UFC on FOX 21, where she suffered a head kick knockout from Paige VanZant early in the second round.
    Four of her five stoppage wins have come by submission.
    It’s not entirely clear to me why UFC booked this rematch. There is zero reason to believe the outcome will be any different -- they’re still basically the same fighters as they were on the show. Plus, I’d say Torres has made the most improvements between the two, sitting down more on her punches and putting together better combinations.
    Rawlings should be 1-3 in UFC and hasn’t shown anything to suggest she can handle Torres’ speed and volume. "The Tiny Tornado" re-enters the win column with a one-sided decision.
    Prediction: Torres via unanimous decision

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Bermudez has 5 losses.

4 losses by submission.

8 wins by sub.

21 Kickboxing bouts, Let's go.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with the Tecia write up as well, decision prop should be an easy cash

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Agree with the Tecia write up as well, decision prop should be an easy cash
    (-126) is great value for that

Hugo de Naranja

Does anyone have tape of the fighters regional fights for this card? I'm specifically looking for Milstead, Ramos, Morono, Price, Fortuna, and Oezdemir. Any help would be much appreciated!

TPowell

Waiting until fight on the Fortuna/Hamilton fight. Fortuna hasn't fought since June of 2015 and that was against a MW. He's a natural LHW for sure and Hamilton is BIG heavyweight that uses his size well (clinch game/goes for takedowns). Fortuna is supposedly a black belt in BJJ and does have some subs but that is against very low competition. Unless this guy has put on some serious mass, Hamilton should rag doll him easily. Forgot to mention that Fortuna has ZERO TKO/KO's in his career as well. My guess is Hamilton will throw bombs, get inside and do work if he doesn't land them. I just can't see any way that Fortuna wins this fight outside of catching a flash sub. Hamilton -3.5 may be worth something. Currently at -185 at 5D. I'd like to see it close to -150 and I'd unload on the ML. If not, I'll parlay him up with Torres, Blaydes, or another favorite

TPowell

Does anyone have tape of the fighters regional fights for this card? I'm specifically looking for Milstead, Ramos, Morono, Price, Fortuna, and Oezdemir. Any help would be much appreciated!

Fortuna's last fight against David Mitchell (a MW)= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8K76ritiI
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Volkan's last fight against Alihan (in another language)= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t6DfTXN2uk
    Points Awarded:

Sanity Check gave TPowell 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave TPowell 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TPowell

Was listening to Bookie Beatdown and Cody mentioned that Volkan was scheduled to fight Jack May in Titan FC in December which is interesting because May is a HW. Looking it up, it looks like that fight DID fall through and he was re-booked against Mo DeReese at HW again. That fight was scheduled for 1/21 which would be a couple weeks before this fight. It looks like the UFC got ahold of him for the OSP fight around 1/20 or so which means this guy has to go from trying to fight at HW to cutting to LHW in 2 weeks. That seems like a tough cut to me....

TPowell

Fortuna's last fight against David Mitchell (a MW)= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8K76ritiI

Recap of Round 1 of that fight- Fortuna gets a very early takedown, fends off some subs from bottom and then gets mount a couple times and the back but can't put Mitchell away. They get up and both look AWFUL. Mitchell winging lazy running punches and then gets a takedown on Fortuna at the end of the round and ends the round on top. They both look exhausted. I'm guessing these next 2 rounds will suck.

TPowell

Not watching the third round of that fight. Mitchell had a takedown but got reversed and Fortuna was able to advance, take his back, and attempt some subs but couldn't finish. Mitchell got back to his feet with about 20 secs left and threw a spinning backfist and about fell down after he missed everything. Absolutely gassed. Hard to see Fortuna locking something up on Hamilton with the huge size difference. Hamilton MAY decide to just strike with him and control against the cage on occasion and would easily win this fight.

TPowell

Adam Milstead doesn't fight full time. Pipe fitter or some shit. One of the reasons he hasn't fought since May 2016. Also had an injury but not a full time fighter=loser. Talks about "not being thrilled" about the matchup because Blaydes is so physically strong and he matches up poorly against him. New boxing coach as well. Strike 3. Doesn't think the fight is going to last long either, one way or the other. Also a conservative douche-bag.

http://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/u...-to-his-fight/

Hugo de Naranja

Waiting until fight on the Fortuna/Hamilton fight. Fortuna hasn't fought since June of 2015 and that was against a MW. He's a natural LHW for sure and Hamilton is BIG heavyweight that uses his size well (clinch game/goes for takedowns). Fortuna is supposedly a black belt in BJJ and does have some subs but that is against very low competition. Unless this guy has put on some serious mass, Hamilton should rag doll him easily. Forgot to mention that Fortuna has ZERO TKO/KO's in his career as well. My guess is Hamilton will throw bombs, get inside and do work if he doesn't land them. I just can't see any way that Fortuna wins this fight outside of catching a flash sub. Hamilton -3.5 may be worth something. Currently at -185 at 5D. I'd like to see it close to -150 and I'd unload on the ML. If not, I'll parlay him up with Torres, Blaydes, or another favorite
    When people see the size difference on the scales, Hamilton will be (-240)

Hugo de Naranja

Volkan's last fight against Alihan (in another language)= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t6DfTXN2uk
    Thanks for the vids T

Hugo de Naranja

Really rooting for female John Lineker this weekend (Jessica Andrade) but no way am I laying (-550) on her

TPowell

Really rooting for female John Lineker this weekend (Jessica Andrade) but no way am I laying (-550) on her

Her ITD at -115 isn't too bad. No way Hill can survive on the ground against Andrade

1234 ... Last