NHL Odds & Best Bets Today: Schedule, Picks for Thursday
The NHL has a 12-game slate tonight with multiple key matchups. Read on for the best NHL picks for Thursday based on the best NHL odds.
The NHL has a full slate of games on Thursday night, including some marquee matchups within the dozen contests.
The New York Rangers have revenge on their mind when they travel to face the Carolina Hurricanes after what transpired in Madison Square Garden earlier this week. Meanwhile, the surging Florida Panthers look to keep their playoff hopes alive at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Here are our best NHL picks (odds via DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel Sportsbook, and Caesars; pick confidence based on a 1-to-5-star scale).
Thursday’s NHL schedule and odds
(Odds via DraftKings)
- Minnesota Wild (-145) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (+125)
- New York Rangers (+120) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (-140)
- Montreal Canadiens (+360) vs. Boston Bruins (-450)
- Chicago Blackhawks (+245) vs. Washington Capitals (-295)
- Toronto Maple Leafs (+115) vs. Florida Panthers (-135)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (-125) vs. Ottawa Senators (+105)
- St. Louis Blues (+105) vs. Detroit Red Wings (-125)
- Seattle Kraken (-135) vs. Nashville Predators (+115)
- Pittsburgh Penguins (+125) vs. Dallas Stars (-145)
- Vegas Golden Knights (+130) vs. Calgary Flames (-150)
- San Jose Sharks (+140) vs. Vancouver Canucks (-165)
- Winnipeg Jets (-230) vs. Anaheim Ducks (+195)
Thursday’s NHL best bets
- Moneyline: Wild ML vs. Flyers (-145 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Moneyline: Stars ML vs. Penguins (-145 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Moneyline: Blackhawks ML vs. Capitals (+250 via Caesars) ⭐⭐
- Prop: J.T. Miller over 1.5 points (+156 via FanDuel) ⭐⭐⭐
Thursday’s NHL top picks
Moneyline: Wild ML vs. Flyers (-145 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Wild roll into Philadelphia winners of two straight and seven of their last 10 games. Their losses came to Boston and Arizona on a back-to-back and a 1-0 shutout loss to the Flames. Meanwhile, the Flyers were lucky to win against Florida on Tuesday night and won’t be so fortunate tonight.
Marc-Andre Fleury (23-13-3, 2.83 GAA, .908 SV%) has been solid overall and even better as of late, winning his last seven starts with just 15 goals allowed (.936 SV%).
Hop on the Wild here at just -145, with the line as high as -155 on other books.
Moneyline: Stars ML vs. Penguins (-145 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
We have another strong Central Division team against a weaker Pennsylvania foe here.
The Penguins have not fared well on the road where they are 16-15-5. While the Stars aren’t great at home (17-9-9), they’ve played well recently. The Penguins, on the other hand, just ended a four-game skid last night.
We’re once again getting value at DraftKings at -145. That line is fairly set across the board, but FanDuel has Dallas at -162.
Moneyline: Blackhawks ML vs. Capitals (+250 via Caesars) ⭐⭐
The Capitals are reeling. They’ve lost three straight games and six of their last eight, including a 7-6 defeat at the hands of the lowly Blue Jackets on Tuesday night.
Chicago has been hit or miss, with a lot more misses. But the Blackhawks won two straight games — including one against Boston — before dropping their last two.
Chicago opened at +200, which is where this line should’ve stayed. It’s now as high as +250 at Caesars with BetRivers lagging behind at +235. The Capitals may be the slightly better team, but the Blackhawks should be priced better than +250 to win tonight.
Prop: J.T. Miller over 1.5 points (+156 via FanDuel) ⭐⭐⭐
Canucks forward J.T. Miller has been a man on a mission recently. Miller is riding a three-game multi-point streak and has at least two points in seven of his last nine games (15 points in total).
The Sharks recently allowed five goals to Edmonton, four to the Islanders, six to Columbus, and five to Minnesota. This should be a high-scoring game with Miller making his mark as the Canucks look to build something under Rick Tocchet.
NHL picks made 3/23/2023 at 1:25 p.m. ET.
Here are our best NHL betting sites:
- FanDuel: No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000 | Read our FanDuel Review
- Caesars: Earn Up to a $1,250 Bet Credit | Read our Caesars Review
- DraftKings: Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets | Read our DraftKings Review
- PointsBet: Earn Five Second-Chance Bets Up to $50 Each | Read our PointsBet Review
- BetMGM: Get a Bonus Bet of Up to $1,000 | Read our BetMGM Review
(21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER)
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.
- Best Super Bowl betting promotions and bonuses (U.S. only)