slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Novak Djokovic not to win another grand slam

In his tennis career what should the odds be.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

How long would the bet be pending, until he dies?

I don't follow tennis that closely, is his arm injury pretty bad?

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

When he retires from tennis i say 3 years max he has left
    Points Awarded:

cincinnatikid513 gave slayer14 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

he is off hgh AND injured so prob never

if he gets back on juice 50-50

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    he is off hgh AND injured so prob never

if he gets back on juice 50-50
    Tennis players never have to go off anything. Testing is a joke. Djoker's problem is when his perfect "nice guy" act got exposed. Cheating on his wife, etc. It's the Tiger woods effect. Throw in a nasty UCL injury that has nagged him for 18 months and you have what we see now. That being said, Novak is 30 years old. How many years does Fed have left as a top 4 player? Two, three? Nadal, Murray, and Wawa are injury riddled. The young guns haven't broken through to the majors yet. Novak has 5 years to win another major. I'd wager he gets an Australian Open Title. Maybe when Fed is gone or injured along with Murray or Nadal. Men's tennis is pretty thin right now. Jack Sock is the 8th ranked player and he's never winning a major.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

the woods effect he came off juice as well why he is trash and breaking down now

they all break down w/o it

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Are you trying to set a line to bet a friend?

If you go by his odds to win the next 4 slams he would be about even money to either win 1 of the next 4 or not win one.

If you assumed his odds will be about what they are now for the next 5 years then around +1600 to not win another.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He could win one if 100% healthy

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Not the biggest Joker fan but I think he'll still win 3 or 4 more before his career is over.
    He has another dominant run left in him down the road once he finally gets healthy again, his life is in order, and Feds is gone.
    Everyone's quick to throw a guy out for one bad year.
    He got bored of winning, lost his hunger, started banging some hoes on the side, probably did some slacking in his training causing some injuries, and now he's starting over.
    He's probably juicing more than ever right now.
    He will regain that hunger having not won for a while and developing so many doubters.

The elite player field is so small right now on the Men's side that it's definitely possible for him.
    Wouldn't count him out yet.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

He needs to start eating meat

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

+1500 He never wins 1 again.-2000 he does. He will get it together he will win 4 more

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

-400 he never wins another one. Guy is finished.

ikid2groove415

People thought fed was done also

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'd be very surprised if he never won another one. Too many variables involved in Slams. All it takes is one where the other top guys are out due to injury/retired/lose early and he has a much easier path. Regardless of his struggles he still is an insanely great tennis player at his core.

bsutphi
    bsutphi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

I'd say around +2000: Novak never wins another grand slam.
    I'd say about +150: Novak doesn't win a grand slam in 2018.

He's already the odds on favorite to win the US Open later this year. He was injured, but he'll find his mojo again. He'll make a couple of semis this year, if he stays healthy. His biggest problem is not his health, but the fact that an aging Roger is playing lights out tennis and still feels like he has something to prove.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5420

Not too many young guns breaking through. Fed will soon be gone. Nadal isn't much of a force outside the clay court. Murray isn't much into tennis since his wife gave birth (you could cite injuries to dispute me).
    With all that said, Djokovic still has a minimum of two grand slams in his tennis womb.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Tennis players never have to go off anything. Testing is a joke. Djoker's problem is when his perfect "nice guy" act got exposed. Cheating on his wife, etc. It's the Tiger woods effect. Throw in a nasty UCL injury that has nagged him for 18 months and you have what we see now. That being said, Novak is 30 years old. How many years does Fed have left as a top 4 player? Two, three? Nadal, Murray, and Wawa are injury riddled. The young guns haven't broken through to the majors yet. Novak has 5 years to win another major. I'd wager he gets an Australian Open Title. Maybe when Fed is gone or injured along with Murray or Nadal. Men's tennis is pretty thin right now. Jack Sock is the 8th ranked player and he's never winning a major.
    how dare you

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

guy got married and had kids and forgot how to wipe his ass. stung me pretty bad in the French open over the summer

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

What the?

The guy is completely different gravy to all bar Fed on most surfaces. He will more than likely have many years of tennis left at full fitness. Which means he'll school most of the field and then face a much weaker group at the top of the game.

On clay he's the best if he outlasts Rafa, which he likely will.

Novak will reign again at the very top of the game collecting more grand slam trophies. Give the man the time he rightfully deserves imo. You can't rush a comeback from injuries when we're talking about Pro tennis.

He has nothing to prove. Has beaten the best, when the best was at the top of their games.

With all the yoga and meditation he has practiced throughout the years I'm sure he's plenty wise enough and in touch with his body enough to make the right calls here. In the mean time he has a family and plenty of high quality distractions.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Federer could be the Tom Brady of tennis. He could be contending for Slams when he's 40. He is so far above anyone else right now as a 36.5 year old it's unbelievable.

This is a very weak era in both ATP and WTA when players as old as Fed and Serena dominate.

Djokovic will probably retire far earlier than Fed or Nadal. So I think it's a good bet he doesn't win another.

Odds I would put at -200 he never wins another one
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave Plaza23 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

So to all those with the memory of a gold fish, let me remind you of Novak's movement, sliding, neutral upper body while his legs are doing incredible things, ability to hit the ball on the stretch, recovery, etc. One of those rare athlete where I could go on and on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUiBA7ivzCU

*Edit. We could go backhands next? Nah it's not like they're the best the game has ever seen.
    Last edited by JC1186; 02-19-18 at 07:31 PM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

2011 and 2015 he put up two of the greatest seasons in tennis history........

however, unless he can avoid injury AND get a good draw, he is DONE

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree... the young guns are too inconsistent and lack the maturity and focus to succeed constantly... Zverev, Raonic, Cilic, Nishikori, Kyorgos, Thiem... they are not ready to dominate... not yet...

Fed gonna quit in 2-3 years tops... Wawa and Murray have similar form issues... Nadal is close to hanging boots too!

Novak will win another if healthy and Fed gone.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

how crazy is the ATP going to look like when those top 5 are gone. trash bums like nishikori, etc will finally squeeze in a slam

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

He just lost to Taro Daniel. Guys is done like I said. Lost the 3rd set 6-1.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5420

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Was tempted to bet him live in the 3rd set. Luckily I didn't.
    Horrible show.

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    So to all those with the memory of a gold fish, let me remind you of Novak's movement, sliding, neutral upper body while his legs are doing incredible things, ability to hit the ball on the stretch, recovery, etc. One of those rare athlete where I could go on and on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUiBA7ivzCU

*Edit. We could go backhands next? Nah it's not like they're the best the game has ever seen.
    He's going to be around for a while. Could steal a page out of Federer's book and play majors only. Good video!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Big names have lost meaningless non slam tourneys for ages. He might be done but this doesn't prove it. French wimby and US open will tell us wayyyyyyy more

Clutchut12

Same thing was said about Fed,Joker will come back and win at least 3 more. Jusy like tiger he had to get the pussy under control in his life and he will be ok.

ikid2groove415

Joker coach is Andre Agassi lol!! A knowing meth user !!

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Joker coach is Andre Agassi lol!! A knowing meth user !!
    Also a known 8 time major winner

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is done

Fed was always way more talented and better athlete so his comeback was easier

Joker no and does not have the insides to win again

Clutchut12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is done

Fed was always way more talented and better athlete so his comeback was easier

Joker no and does not have the insides to win again
    If this doesnt tell you the Joker will win more then nothing will

homie1975

way too early to write him off. i hate the dude with a passion. look at my avatar. i have rafa and fed. i cannot stand joker's fukking mug.

that said, these days players are playing at a higher level for longer than ever due to supplements, conditioning, just modern medicine.

i would be shocked if he never won another slam, at least one more, which gets him to 13 and then he's done.

he will make semis at slams for sure for the next 2-3 years unless he gets hurt

ikid2groove415

There’s definitely something off with the joker right now - don’t know if it’s his personal life or injury’s

1234 ... Last