-FlawlessKid
    -FlawlessKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9348

Rolland Garros organization is a joke.

Only Grand Slam without roof-facilities, sending players out to play while it's raining and weatherforecast is even worse.

Fun fact: when there is one hour of play on a matchday the organization is not obligated to pay ticketrefund anymore, hence the stated above. It's a disgrace tbh.

Top players like Djokovic and Halep must be furious behind the scenes I can imagine.
    Points Awarded:

syedawais gave -FlawlessKid 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nick Italy gave -FlawlessKid 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

i always said if there was one slam to lose its status for another emerging tournament...it would be the french...ATP 1000 Paris...coming up...Put a slam in JAPAN!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: syedawais

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

such a joke

rain delays every penetrating year

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Is a clay court grand slam achievable in Asia

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

joke scenes this sending out players in rain so they dont have to pay full refund, another rip off

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

This tournament is trash. Grade A garbage

cryptocap

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Is a clay court grand slam achievable in Asia
    if Asian players played on clay you were see even more of them jump into the ATP tour...developing talent is key with fundamentals of clay

Osaka weather is actually beautiful this time of year too.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I lose my halep bet because of stupid rain delays. She was dominating until they happenef

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I lose my halep bet because of stupid rain delays. She was dominating until they happenef
    Brock Landers was on Halep

do your homework

cryptocap

wow pironkova won too

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Laughable. Shoulda cashed out my parlays with Halep cuz all I was waiting on was her. Woke up this morning in complete shock

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

French monks invented tennis in the 11th century.

ironically, they played under a roof ! haha.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: horja1

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I loved Haleps quote:

No one cares about the players, in my opinion. I don't care that I lost the match today, but I was close to getting injured with my back, so that's a big problem. But, like I said, no one cares. We have just to go and play.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I don't feel bad for the players at all especially the ones making millions. Fans book time off work, maybe their only vacation all year, pay for hotels and airplanes and tickets. Stop being a baby and adjust to the conditions like almost all other athletes have to do when weather is bad.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

This is the first RG since 2000 when they lost the whole day and clay is the most "water-resistant" surface, so I do not understand what all the fuss is about. Sh.t happens.

What is funny is that showers are expected for the rest of the week. At this rate the finals might be played on Tuesday next week. The bottom half of the draw is at a pretty good advantage now, both for men and women.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I loved Haleps quote:

No one cares about the players, in my opinion. I don't care that I lost the match today, but I was close to getting injured with my back, so that's a big problem. But, like I said, no one cares. We have just to go and play.
    Halep might think she will have plenty of opportunities to win a Slam in future, but given her mental problems I would not be so sure.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by cryptocap View Post
    i always said if there was one slam to lose its status for another emerging tournament...it would be the french...ATP 1000 Paris...coming up...Put a slam in JAPAN!
    Id love to see a major in steaming hot Japan or China, looked when elements other than rain have an effect, makes it more interesting.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

This all wouldn't have happened if the morons running the French Open had vision and were able to sort out this roof before like Wimbledon did rather then waiting 12 years for it to be able to happen.
    The players have every right to complain, they are the ones bringing in the revenue for the sport like it or not and they are being treated as if it is a $10,000 ITF Satellite tournament.
    Not forgetting all the other farces that happen here every year as been mentioned already it's no wonder they are fed up with this joke of a tournament. This doesn't happen at the other slams either.

cryptocap

you can understand from a player perspective though...its a one man/women show...no teammates to continue on while you collect your cheque on injury reserve...these "Millionaires" are one wrong play from unemployment...there is a degree of risk to that...