Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dodig v. Mathieu discussion

Does Dodig win 2-0 here??? Dodig coming off a nice match against Cilic.

Or do we get a Matthieu attempt at an upset 3 setter?

Dodig is a -230

Or to translate for European odds: 1.43, Uk: 11/4 (43/100).

Opinions regarding this match?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dodig is tough to read. Always plays well in Zagreb, but usually not much the following tourney. Also curious he chose Rotterdam over Memphis where he has played I think the last three years. Gets a bigger payday for Round 1 in a 500 vs. the 250 in Memphis, so even a loss is profitable for him. Mathieu has qualis under his belt .. might give him a small edge early. He's also played hard here the last couple of years. He will probably flameout, but he's not a bad dog to look at.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

if you want something @ 1130 take Albot @ 1.61 India challenger. Diez hurt himself last match. Maybe he plays it out

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Mathieu can keep it pretty tight indoors by holding his serve.

Looking at his indoor results he has kept it pretty respectable against the top guys he has played the last 18 months or so.

4-6 4-6 to Del Potro
    5-7 3-6 to Murray
    5-7 4-6 to Federer

You'd think with Dodig also a big serve the o22 games is a show. The thing that stops me from pulling the trigger on it is Mathieu's form this year which has been poor up to that Brands win. He got smoked by Gasquet in Marseille which is enough for me to leave it alone.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Quote Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
    Mathieu can keep it pretty tight indoors by holding his serve.

Looking at his indoor results he has kept it pretty respectable against the top guys he has played the last 18 months or so.

4-6 4-6 to Del Potro
    5-7 3-6 to Murray
    5-7 4-6 to Federer

You'd think with Dodig also a big serve the o22 games is a show. The thing that stops me from pulling the trigger on it is Mathieu's form this year which has been poor up to that Brands win. He got smoked by Gasquet in Marseille which is enough for me to leave it alone.
    Dodig is off too, can only beat Karlovic. No bet for me