matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Good Job Wawrinka! Now watch him lose to Berdych! Lol

Berych and Federer were probably the happiest people on the planet after Djokovic just lost. Nadal is not winning it all BTW. He's next to fall

LoveDaRush
    LoveDaRush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Wawrinka will win. Setting 15u

strong lean this time

sbavi
    Update your status
    sbavi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Wed 1/22 201 Tomas Berdych +120
    7:00PM 202 Stanislas Wawrinka -140

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Birdshit is a choker. Wawa might have a letdown but he should win as he is the more talented player.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Berdych looked as tired as Stan at the end of his match, fatigue won't be an excuse for Stan if he loses

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Birdshit is a choker. Wawa might have a letdown but he should win as he is the more talented player.
    Berdych a choker??? He's just took out ferrer in 4 and trust me he wasn't chocking it away. Ferrer was trying to win the war of attrition. Berdych had nothing left in the tank and still held serve

poet

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Berdych a choker??? He's just took out ferrer in 4 and trust me he wasn't chocking it away. Ferrer was trying to win the war of attrition. Berdych had nothing left in the tank and still held serve
    I'm talking about overall, in his career. Frankly, I don't trust either of the two but Stan is the better player and should win.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    I'm talking about overall, in his career. Frankly, I don't trust either of the two but Stan is the better player and should win.
    Yes, your right overall. I saw a pic of Berdych on facebook, the guy is gonna 24 hrs of sleep lol. How was wawrinka looking after djoker win? I missed the end of it. Your probably right about wawrinka. It seems ferrer lost the fight, but won the war with Berdych in the end

poet

Yes, your right overall. I saw a pic of Berdych on facebook, the guy is gonna 24 hrs of sleep lol. How was wawrinka looking after djoker win? I missed the end of it. Your probably right about wawrinka. It seems ferrer lost the fight, but won the war with Berdych in the end
    Stan looked stoked (even if a bit tired), like the monkey was off his back. Now let's see how he does as a favorite with all the expectations. I think Birdy will take a set, but will lose like in the US Open. Berdych has won one out of the last seven against Stan (though he always seems to get one set), so Stan is good value here, unless, of course, he has a letdown.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Certainly is a prime let down spot if ever there was one. Iron Stan called it the win of his career. Ponder that. He's proven that he is in the big boy's class now. With his next match, he proves if he belongs in the conversation to actually win a Slam or not this year. Really tough to say how he will react in this spot. Getting some rest helps, but it's going to be tough mentally for him to match the focus he had last match.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Certainly is a prime let down spot if ever there was one. Iron Stan called it the win of his career. Ponder that. He's proven that he is in the big boy's class now. With his next match, he proves if he belongs in the conversation to actually win a Slam or not this year. Really tough to say how he will react in this spot. Getting some rest helps, but it's going to be tough mentally for him to match the focus he had last match.
    I feel Berdych can push wawrinka around, if that forehand is on. If Wawrinkas still in party mode for the first set, he's in trouble. I do think Berdych has changed a bit. Did he almost blow it yesterday, maybe. You know as well as I do that after this win by wawrinka 80% public will be all over him

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

I feel Berdych can push wawrinka around, if that forehand is on. If Wawrinkas still in party mode for the first set, he's in trouble. I do think Berdych has changed a bit. Did he almost blow it yesterday, maybe. You know as well as I do that after this win by wawrinka 80% public will be all over him
    Back to the hotel time to get some sleep!!! Thaaaanks for all the messages!!!! #happy #ReallyHappy pic.twitter.com/tzrNL1J8Xn

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Im staying up for this Murray vs Federer match. Who else has had the Australian Open broadcasted on all courts by there television provider?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really dislike Berdych as a player. Until yesterday, I don't think he proved anything in the first 4 rounds against weak opponents. And even against Ferrer, Berdych got so many free points from Ferrer's inability to return relatively straightforward shots. I think the line for the SF is a good one.

Stan has a big hurdle to get over in putting his win over Djokovic behind him, but I think he's really come into this year shooting high, thinking that this is his year to challenge the big 4 for a place at the top. So with that broader goal in mind, I'd be surprised if he comes out flat against Berdych. He'll make an appearance in the final this year, I think. Not sure if he has it in him to take down another giant though, in Rafa/Murray/Federer.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

props to the guy who called wawrinka making it far (think it was B10?) Idk

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDaRush View Post
    Wawrinka will win. Setting 15u

strong lean this time
    god damnit , i really wanted stan to win

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

all i can say is after watching Berdych play Kevin Anderson and return the bombs that dude was serving, I made Berdych my largest bet of the year to beat Ferrer. Birdman was focused and he was return game was on Djokovic levels that match. I didn't see any of the Ferrer/Berdych match however so Im not sure which Berdych will show up against Stan. Id like to go big on Stan as i feel if he were to lose directly after beating Djokovic it would almost discredit the win altogether, like whats the point. This next match is just as important and I'd argue even more important.

I can see taking Berdych as a letdown is possible for Stan but I believe he brings it again in his next match

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

that worries me a lot. of course it worked out today for cibulkova after taking down sugarpova.