Tennispro
    Tennispro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

The Year that Murray passes Federer

Murray wil win Dubai and i think it will be in 2 sets Murray is playing great tennis last 2 matches he won against 2 great players, fedx won against an oke player and a very tired player.
    Murray wil pass fedx this year dont forget you cant outrun your age this is a 24 year old playing against a 30 year old gl and enjoy the game.

RosieTheGreat
    RosieTheGreat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

disagree

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Not saying Murray can't give Fed a run for his $ today but you make is sound like this is gonna be easy.

First off it depends which Murray shows up today. He dropped a set to Berrer in the first round. Look at the Berdych match, the second set there went to 7-5 like yesterday so he was broken in both. Also against Berdych his 1st Return Point Won was 38%.

Fed hasn't droped a set here. Yesterday vs. Del Potro he had 11 aces.

Fed in 2 sets here

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47677

I like Murray+110 and over 23 tonight

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i'm taking murray too, hope he doesn't choke his service games, because he will probably need to win in the tiebreakers as fed's serve has been great. but fed's return game looked mediocre to me. gl.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Tie breaks are one of the reasons I am taking Federer. I dont think there is a player in tennis I would rather be on during a tiebreak than Federer and I would expect we would see at least one during this match.

Federers serve has been flawless here so far and there was that point in the second set where Murray seemed to start to choke, Djokovic just looked very poor yesterday. Finals are so different for many players , this may be Murrays year and he certainly looks great with Lendl behind him but he will have to start winning these finals and the big matches before I put my cash on him. Fed can win his 5th championship here. Fed and the over

RosieTheGreat
    RosieTheGreat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

well

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

murray got slapped down hard. was not close. fed knew where to hit it. murray just hit friendly nice balls back at him hoping fed would make unforced errors.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray has to win tournaments to start passing anyone. Not really sure you can accurately gauge his game from this week in Dubai. He did not play well against Berrer and I think he caught both Berdych and Djokovic playing pretty poorly. He deserved to win of course, but when up against the guy who is probably in the best form [Federer] - he was short of enough to win. For me right now, Federer and Del Potro are the threats at every hard court tourney until the clay swing. Djokovic looked well out of sorts this week even in winning and Indian Wells is going to be a pretty big tournament to see where he is and if Nadal comes in still playing as well as he did earlier in the season.

Tennispro

Too bad i could not watch the match but damn its like every time you think Murray will become the player everyone thinks he can become he disappoints yet again he will never be a top 3 player like this always disappointing after a great performance come on your 24 top of your game just beat Djoko in 2 sets and then you lose to a 30 year old Federer in 2 come on how the hell do you do that.. I guess the mental aspect will never be there.

EaglesPhan36

Federer would have beaten anyone this week. His serve was unbreakable. I don't think you should beat Murray down for losing to him.

Tennispro

Just mad that a tired Delpo pushed Fedx to 7-6 7-6 and Murray got broken so many times there is no excuse for that...

EaglesPhan36

Del Potro's serve > Murray's serve by a long shot. DelPo has superior power to Murray.

Murray is about like Rafa when it comes to serve. He CAN be steady and even pull out some bigger serves, but seems to choose to be in the medium range on speed instead because he believes like Rafa does that he'll eventually break his opponent down in rallies. So instead of trying to pop in big serves, he'll concentrate more on just getting the ball in it seems. I think you can get away with that sort of approach on slower surfaces because often it will work that way. On hard courts against someone who can blow you away on-serve though, not a great idea IMO.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

I feel federer has been playing well enough to win in the last 4 slams... its been a couple of bounces here and there and a lack of focus that has caused him to not win any. Its no surprise that he is still beating the top guys, i just need to see him to beat nadal at a slam before I buy in that he will break through finally.