djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Opins needed on a issue with a book

Ok, just seeking opinions from others on an issue I had with a book.

Made a wager online with last of my funds in my acct, midway though submitting I freeze and crash. Log back in and to my horror it gave me the opposite of my intended wager and confirmed. Call book immed to see if it can be changed, 45 minutes later get an answer, no.

Now keeping in mind no remaining funds so can't just bet other side and lose the juice on one side, this is 3 hours from kickoff and no line changes. Is it me or couldn't the book have simply taped me and verified wager should be cancel and let me rebet it?

Obviously if a line moved or it was late steam or something, the scenario changes...so I get why a book flatly says no, but just seems to be poor cs to me.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14038

i have asked for a cancellation on bets 4 times over the years. i remember that JustBet and WSEX changed it to a no action bet and i was told they would not do it again,but WSEX did it again anyways, years apart. SPORTSBETTING.COM on the other hand told me, absoltely not under any circumstance, when i asked. they should have cancelled the bet under your circumstances.

castle
    castle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

A lot of people change their minds on bets very fast. I can only imagine how many people would swap bets after certain injuries come to light or other factors that they didn't take into account. It's much easier to say "All bets are final" than to have to review every single bet reversal. I'll have to agree with the book on this one. Your best option would be to instantly deposit money and fade your bad pick taking the juice as a loss. Or you can just hope for the best.

Good luck.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    A lot of people change their minds on bets very fast. I can only imagine how many people would swap bets after certain injuries come to light or other factors that they didn't take into account. It's much easier to say "All bets are final" than to have to review every single bet reversal. I'll have to agree with the book on this one. Your best option would be to instantly deposit money and fade your bad pick taking the juice as a loss. Or you can just hope for the best.

Good luck.
    yep, that's a good point but in the interest of good customer relations I would think a bookie should be prepared to switch a bet providing there'd been no odds movements in the meantime.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

TheGreek and Betjamaica would have done it for you no questions asked. But if the bookie in question has a rule that says that no bets can be cancelled/changed, then you are out of luck

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsticks View Post
    TheGreek and Betjamaica would have done it for you no questions asked. But if the bookie in question has a rule that says that no bets can be cancelled/changed, then you are out of luck
    I would think they would all have that rule but rules can be bent when both parties are willing.

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

what book is this? Huge detail in this case IMO

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the sites I bet on, all online bets are final. I have never ever gotten a reversal, mind you I have tried lol.

I think its better that way, could you have deposited some money prior to the game? ********** and Moneybooker for example are instantaneous.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have never tried to cancel one......but it seems real odd that you would end up with the other side of the bet.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

ok. just wanted opins.

Like I said, a line change is a different situation..but with no line change and calling issue in immediately seemed a easy exception to make on mgr part..guess he didnt want to for whatever reason.

BTW it turned a losing play into a winner.