bayman
    bayman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Neutered by VIP

I received this curious email from VIP yesterday:

Hi xxxxx,
    We have generated a support ticket to help us track your inquiry. Your ticket code is XXXXXXXXX. Please use this code in any further communication.
    We regret to inform you that your account is now segmented to not receive bonus offerings. As stated on our website, our site is intended to cater to recreational players, and as such we reserve the right to refuse service and offerings to any accounts that we deem as non-recreational. Your account is welcome to continue to deposit and play for the time being, but unfortunately at this time you are ineligible for bonuses of any kind. Please be advised that you will no longer be eligible to recieve reward points.
    Should you require further assistance or information, please reply to this message or chat live with us during our business hours.
    Sincerely,
    XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
    Risk Management Team

Oddly, I had made no inquiry. Further, I've only been with them for two weeks, and my action has been minimal. Anyone else receive something similar and/or know what triggers such an action? I asked them and they tersely replied it was a 'managerial' decision.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

Quote Originally Posted by bayman View Post
    I received this curious email from VIP yesterday:

Hi xxxxx,
    We have generated a support ticket to help us track your inquiry. Your ticket code is XXXXXXXXX. Please use this code in any further communication.
    We regret to inform you that your account is now segmented to not receive bonus offerings. As stated on our website, our site is intended to cater to recreational players, and as such we reserve the right to refuse service and offerings to any accounts that we deem as non-recreational. Your account is welcome to continue to deposit and play for the time being, but unfortunately at this time you are ineligible for bonuses of any kind. Please be advised that you will no longer be eligible to recieve reward points.
    Should you require further assistance or information, please reply to this message or chat live with us during our business hours.
    Sincerely,
    XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
    Risk Management Team

Oddly, I had made no inquiry. Further, I've only been with them for two weeks, and my action has been minimal. Anyone else receive something similar and/or know what triggers such an action? I asked them and they tersely replied it was a 'managerial' decision.
    i also have been there only a couple weeks, after not playing there for years. been making wagers between 200 and 500(which is my limit). maybe 20 bets. so far i have not heard from them.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Count yourself fortunate to at least have had the courtesy of an email advising your about it.

VIP remains the only bookie to ever close my account on me. And they did it without any advice or explanation at all. I just found my account locked and balance of funds in my Neteller account one day.

Email asking for an explanation was simply responded to with "you'll need to phone and speak with Mr (cant recall the name)". I told them common courtesy would suggest he should be calling or emailing me rather than having me make international phone calls in the middle of the night.