1. #1
    pazim
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-10
    Posts: 310

    draftkings customer service

    So my account got restricted last Friday because of the geolocation issue. They thought I was account sharing and asked me to submit my id and headshot. Its been almost a week and haven't heard anything yet. Everytime i send a message through website or app, they email me a copy back. Has anyone else experienced this or know how long it takes to resolve? I thought about putting a complaint in at bbb.

  2. #2
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    So my account got restricted last Friday because of the geolocation issue. They thought I was account sharing and asked me to submit my id and headshot. Its been almost a week and haven't heard anything yet. Everytime i send a message through website or app, they email me a copy back. Has anyone else experienced this or know how long it takes to resolve? I thought about putting a complaint in at bbb.
    I have had no issue at all with my location for Draftkings, but FanDuel, has me log on at least twice if not 3 times before my location is approved...Same computer, same place a desktop. Hope I don't run into this issue.

  3. #3
    dmm
    Doing pretty fair for a square.
    dmm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-03-20
    Posts: 616
    Betpoints: 357

    Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    So my account got restricted last Friday because of the geolocation issue. They thought I was account sharing and asked me to submit my id and headshot. Its been almost a week and haven't heard anything yet. Everytime i send a message through website or app, they email me a copy back. Has anyone else experienced this or know how long it takes to resolve? I thought about putting a complaint in at bbb.
    Maybe you sent them a picture of the wrong head?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/25/2021


  4. #4
    JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-31-18
    Posts: 4,132
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    So my account got restricted last Friday because of the geolocation issue. They thought I was account sharing and asked me to submit my id and headshot. Its been almost a week and haven't heard anything yet. Everytime i send a message through website or app, they email me a copy back. Has anyone else experienced this or know how long it takes to resolve? I thought about putting a complaint in at bbb.

    I was allowed by DKings to deposit in GA, then I drove up over the Tennessee line and downloaded the app to show I was in TENN and I mad the bet and turned around and came home and watched the game. Then I lost it all on the Chiefs besides a $20 promo bet and they let me get the $20 payout from GA. No problems at all for me about geolocation. They always knew where I was.

  5. #5
    stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-02-10
    Posts: 4,104
    Betpoints: 5250

    Another thing you want to make sure with geolocation is that you're on WiFi, especially if you're near the border of a State that doesn't allow wagering yet.

  6. #6
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,462
    Betpoints: 904

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I have had no issue at all with my location for Draftkings, but FanDuel, has me log on at least twice if not 3 times before my location is approved...Same computer, same place a desktop. Hope I don't run into this issue.
    Same here Fandual is more an issue esp on desktop. OP up to a month ago or so DK response time was god awfull like a week + they would even just send me free plays with message sorry for delay. of late though its much better 24-48 hrs. they have good tech and security if you did something wrong they will know esp if they think you are account sharing...thats not just random Geolocation issue
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RedApples

  7. #7
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    I see FanDuel does list a phone number. Found on Google. But DraftKings does NOT. That seems strange to me. They are competitors.

  8. #8
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 710
    Betpoints: 1474

    Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    So my account got restricted last Friday because of the geolocation issue. They thought I was account sharing and asked me to submit my id and headshot. Its been almost a week and haven't heard anything yet. Everytime i send a message through website or app, they email me a copy back. Has anyone else experienced this or know how long it takes to resolve? I thought about putting a complaint in at bbb.
    So you were account sharing, and it's taking a long time to resolve it? You probably need to re-send documents properly. They answer emails pretty damn quickly. LOL @ putting in a complaint with the BBB. You're going to need to agree that you will be the only one logging into your account amongst other things.

  9. #9
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 710
    Betpoints: 1474

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I see FanDuel does list a phone number. Found on Google. But DraftKings does NOT. That seems strange to me. They are competitors.
    Barely competitors. DK offerings are extremely week. FanDuel and BetMGM are competitors, DK is mostly for lulz outside of their DFS offerings.

  10. #10
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    Barely competitors. DK offerings are extremely week. FanDuel and BetMGM are competitors, DK is mostly for lulz outside of their DFS offerings.
    Thanks, I guess. Can you translate that last sentence for me?

  11. #11
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 4,217
    Betpoints: 537

    Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    Another thing you want to make sure with geolocation is that you're on WiFi, especially if you're near the border of a State that doesn't allow wagering yet.
    It actually doesn’t even matter if your ON WiFi. Just that you have it enabled. They can tell you’re in the State by scanning available networks.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/25/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/22/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/18/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 02/15/2021


  12. #12
    ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-10
    Posts: 4,959
    Betpoints: 197

    I had issues with them. Took forever for them to respond to me, I actually finally got someone to respond via Twitter. I opened account in LA deposited and made bets in Indiana and tried to cashout in LA. I did this with bet rivers no problem so i assumed the same. I was told I had to be in IN by dk I was like wtf...anyways they agreed to cut me a check after I bitches enough and I got it a week later.

  13. #13
    Mugsy777
    Mugsy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-26-20
    Posts: 49
    Betpoints: 336

    Always play with offshore books, USA books are pathetic , high juice , few betting options , terrible customer service , and Government involved

  14. #14
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    This thread bothers me. I feel like the OP probably did something wrong such as exactly what he was accused of...On the other hand, would DraftKings have said a word if the account lost? I really like DraftKings so far close to a month now. But, when I see they do not offer a phone number and FanDuel does, something doesn't feel right. I hope it gets worked out for all involved!

  15. #15
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 47,695
    Betpoints: 1940

    Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    So my account got restricted last Friday because of the geolocation issue. They thought I was account sharing and asked me to submit my id and headshot. Its been almost a week and haven't heard anything yet. Everytime i send a message through website or app, they email me a copy back. Has anyone else experienced this or know how long it takes to resolve? I thought about putting a complaint in at bbb.
    They subscribe to this ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) service https://www.jamsadr.com/adr/contacts

    Try them instead of the BBB


    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I see FanDuel does list a phone number. Found on Google. But DraftKings does NOT. That seems strange to me. They are competitors.
    Try +1 (877) 659-6066 or 1-800-GAMBLER in NJ/PA

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  16. #16
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Thanks, I guess the other google page was wrong, when it listed no phone no for DK. It's good to see THEY do have one. Must have been a FanDuel supported page as it showed their phone number.

  17. #17
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 710
    Betpoints: 1474

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    This thread bothers me. I feel like the OP probably did something wrong such as exactly what he was accused of...On the other hand, would DraftKings have said a word if the account lost? I really like DraftKings so far close to a month now. But, when I see they do not offer a phone number and FanDuel does, something doesn't feel right. I hope it gets worked out for all involved!
    The bolded Q is immaterial but I can tell you first hand the answer is yes. Had a big losing account, had a friend log in for me 1 time to place a bet... boom. Honestly didn't know it was disallowed when I did it, and I apologized and went through the proper steps (which were a lot) to get the account back.

    They don't give 2 shits whether or not you are winning or losing. They are printing money and have to do things by the book. If you think a legal USA Book like DK is going to try not to pay you because you won, even if it was a significant amount of money, you clearly don't know how things work. The people handling payouts have a job and thats to pay you. Security is for security. Nothing more nothing less. There's not an extra job title for someone to try not to pay people. It would go against the entire structure of the company and could only exist in the shady offshore sites which are probably almost every single one of them.

    That's also one of the beautiful things about betting legally in the States. If you do somehow get some rogue mistreatment, there is the legal system to get it properly handled. The last thing any of these guys want is to ever make the news. Again, its not a concern and doesn't exist anyways but just think for a couple seconds and look how the operation runs and its pretty clear.

  18. #18
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    The bolded Q is immaterial but I can tell you first hand the answer is yes. Had a big losing account, had a friend log in for me 1 time to place a bet... boom. Honestly didn't know it was disallowed when I did it, and I apologized and went through the proper steps (which were a lot) to get the account back.

    They don't give 2 shits whether or not you are winning or losing. They are printing money and have to do things by the book. If you think a legal USA Book like DK is going to try not to pay you because you won, even if it was a significant amount of money, you clearly don't know how things work. The people handling payouts have a job and thats to pay you. Security is for security. Nothing more nothing less. There's not an extra job title for someone to try not to pay people. It would go against the entire structure of the company and could only exist in the shady offshore sites which are probably almost every single one of them.

    That's also one of the beautiful things about betting legally in the States. If you do somehow get some rogue mistreatment, there is the legal system to get it properly handled. The last thing any of these guys want is to ever make the news. Again, its not a concern and doesn't exist anyways but just think for a couple seconds and look how the operation runs and its pretty clear.
    I'm glad to read this post. You are 100% correct about going by the rules. So far all my bets have been on my desktop computer where I live. Do you think, I would have any problem using my laptop computer at the local mall or elsewhere in Virginia? Would their system possibly even think for a second, I was letting someone else use my account?

  19. #19
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    After lots of reading . I found a statement on Google from Draftkings. Someone wanted to know WHY their account had been restricted. DraftKings said that if Someone logs into your account from a different IP ADDRESS, this would cause it. However it went on to say "THE SAME WARNING could be triggered if someone used different computers to log into their account".

    If this is only for Draftkings (using a different computer) then I will likely close my account with them. If the same thing is true (using my laptop) to log into my account causes a Restriction with other places. Then I will only use my desktop.
    The physical sportsbook is scheduled to open sometime in 2022. The one I have seen so far is Bet Rivers over in Portsmouth, Va. However Norfolk will have a separate one, but I don't know who will operate the sportsbook.

  20. #20
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 47,695
    Betpoints: 1940

    Dont listen to what people say in public.

    I dont even work there, nor have asked, but I am willing to bet a couple of thousand betpoints Draftkings definitely do not have a policy that limits you for using two different devices.

    If someone is trying to tell you that, you can also bet it is more than that... something like one of the devices was used for more than one account.

    With the new legal market you are going to see a lot of people trying to make multiple accounts to claim multi bonuses. And that will be behind 90% of public claims like that for sure.


    Anyway, bottom line, just call that phone number and ask them yourself if its a real worry for you.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  21. #21
    aak114
    Update your status
    aak114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-20-20
    Posts: 10
    Betpoints: 102

    Yeah I've had a DK for a while now from several different devices and no issues, there's no way that's part of their policy.

    The issue would arise if they geolocated you on a device in say California one minute and then you login again in New Jersey the next minute - then that gets flagged as multiple people using one account... Or if you use the same device for multiple accounts (obviously)

  22. #22
    pazim
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-10
    Posts: 310

    They just took the restriction off. I have only used my cellphone and desktop to place bets. Farthest I traveled was 20 miles and I live in middle of the state, so nothing even close to the border. If it wasn't for the bonus, I wouldn't even be touching U.S. books right now, offshore books have better options and less issues.

  23. #23
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    They just took the restriction off. I have only used my cellphone and desktop to place bets. Farthest I traveled was 20 miles and I live in middle of the state, so nothing even close to the border. If it wasn't for the bonus, I wouldn't even be touching U.S. books right now, offshore books have better options and less issues.
    So DK was totally wrong about another person using your account???? Or as Optional pointed out is there ANY possibility that either the desktop or the cell phone had more than one account there? I don't mean to be personal, but could someone have used your phone to log into their account? My head is tired of trying to figure this out.

  24. #24
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 47,695
    Betpoints: 1940

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post

    So DK was totally wrong about another person using your account???? Or as Optional pointed out is there ANY possibility that either the desktop or the cell phone had more than one account there? I don't mean to be personal, but could someone have used your phone to log into their account? My head is tired of trying to figure this out.
    They would not have cleared him if there was any actual problem like that. I don't think anyway.

    It sounds like it was simply an automatic flag triggered, and it took until a human reviewed it to get fixed. Just a guess.

    It's really not abnormal for stuff like this to come up with mainstream regulated books. And for it to take a week or so to get fixed. They are under a lot of scrutiny and risk very large fines for breaching license terms. And making sure they are not servicing people out of state is probably one of the tougher ones to police. Each one would take some time to look through the data.
    Last edited by Optional; 02-23-21 at 01:24 AM.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  25. #25
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They would not have cleared him if there was any actual problem like that. I don't think anyway.

    It sounds like it was simply an automatic flag triggered, and it took until a human reviewed it to get fixed. Just a guess.

    It's really not abnormal for stuff like this to come up with mainstream regulated books. And for it to take a week or so to get fixed. They are under a lot of scrutiny and risk very large fines for breaching license terms. And making sure they are not servicing people out of state is probably one of the tougher ones to police. Each one would take some time to look through the data.
    It's just that I haven't seen anyone say that FanDuel, restricted their account due to this issue. It does take a couple of times logging into your account there, but it works..Maybe an extra 20 seconds. But not this extreme. Yet anyway from my reading.

  26. #26
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Some old folks like me, would be through with a place that restricted our account if there was no problem on our end.

  27. #27
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,462
    Betpoints: 904

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Some old folks like me, would be through with a place that restricted our account if there was no problem on our end.
    dude your wasting energy worrying about this. Fandaul DK all run by the same state side rules. If security has an issue they can and will suspend account If your inncocent your fine. The Geo location rules always cause issues. Before IL opened it up you would see guys on 90 and 94 just past the Indiana border pulled over betting.


    BTW Fandual Geo Location is way more problematic then any other of the 4 in Illinois. On Desktop esp its a major pain
    Last edited by littlekona; 02-23-21 at 02:11 PM.

  28. #28
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 32,917
    Betpoints: 4612

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    Barely competitors. DK offerings are extremely week. FanDuel and BetMGM are competitors, DK is mostly for lulz outside of their DFS offerings.
    So wrong. So so wrong.

  29. #29
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    dude your wasting energy worrying about this. Fandaul DK all run by the same state side rules. If security has an issue they can and will suspend account If your inncocent your fine. The Geo location rules always cause issues. Before IL opened it up you would see guys on 90 and 94 just past the Indiana border pulled over betting.


    BTW Fandual Geo Location is way more problematic then any other of the 4 in Illinois. On Desktop esp its a major pain
    The degree of pain associated with having to provide a photo ID vs having to log in a couple times to the website : IS NOT EQUAL PAIN. (To me). I understand they have to be certain you are where you're suppossed to be.. THAT IS THEIR ISSUE, NOT THE PLAYERS TO FIX.

  30. #30
    littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-19-15
    Posts: 4,462
    Betpoints: 904

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    The degree of pain associated with having to provide a photo ID vs having to log in a couple times to the website : IS NOT EQUAL PAIN. (To me). I understand they have to be certain you are where you're suppossed to be.. THAT IS THEIR ISSUE, NOT THE PLAYERS TO FIX.
    obiviosly you do not have PLEASE SEE ID on back of your CC's LOL.....Takes like 30 seconds to send someone a ID Seflie copy of CC or whatever. The problem is you just dont understand their side of the business.

  31. #31
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 447
    Betpoints: 793

    Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    obiviosly you do not have PLEASE SEE ID on back of your CC's LOL.....Takes like 30 seconds to send someone a ID Seflie copy of CC or whatever. The problem is you just dont understand their side of the business.
    LOL for sure

Top